Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fun battle roads, an 8th place dissappointment

kirbyking

Hello everybody, it is Payton here with my first BR. I have been testing Darkrai/Hydreigon with my friend for a long time. I saw how good it was and the hands it got, so I decided to play with it.

Madison, MS- 1 player short of 5 rounds (WOW it was under 9000)

Round 1 Daniel with Gartaria

He was a nice guy. It was his birthday, so I wished him happy birthday. We messed up the flip because I couldn't hear what he called. He offered a reflip, but I told him to go first (my birthday present:smile:). We both started slowly as he set up garchomps and I got some Hydreigons. He started picking off my Hydreigons and after my second one fell I realized I prized a deino. Then it was all Darkrai. He got us down to me taking 5 and him 3. I had to retreat my Darkrai with 110. He had 2 Catchers left, but he whiffed getting one a ccertain turn and I took the win.

1-0

Round 2 Jarrett with Empoleon/Accelegor

He probably doesn't want me to share, so I won't. He stomped me because I whiffed supporters for 6 turns straight. He didn't play a single N down. (I wonder why ^_^)

1-1

Jacob with Gartaria

He is a local that I have met before. I went first with NO SUPPORTER AGAIN. He then N'd because and he quoted "I had nothing".That got me a supporter and then I played N, which in turn got me absolutely nothing and he stomped me. My deck is failing me.

1-2

Sam Leggett (sorry if I spelled it wrong) with Eel box

I got paired up. I know Sam because he is someone I met at Tennessee tourneys. I go first get T2 Hydreigon and win by 4 prizes. With that start I was like 0_0. I was very happy because this is how I usually get setup in testing.

2-2 8th place

So my deck didn't do what I was hoping it would with 2 horrid starts. That was odd because I actually play a pretty good number of supporters. Here are some props/slops

Props
T2 Hydreigon final game
Meeting friends
Just to be able to play Pokemon
Pizza Hut

Slops
2 Bad starts
Losing to a deck I knew I could beat

Last edited:
Round 2 Jarrett Empoleon/Accelgor

He probably doesn't want me to share, so I won't. He stomped me because I whiffed supporters for 6 turns straight. He didn't play a single N down. (I wonder why ^_^)

Jarrett (my brother) says he doesn't mind. He claims most of the time he wins because of supporter wiffs, since he doesn't play N.

Jarrett (my brother) says he doesn't mind. He claims most of the time he wins because of supporter wiffs, since he doesn't play N.

He went first and I was really hoping he'd play N and then he didn't. I was sad. I remember you though. You were helping that other guy from Tennessee with his list.

Back