Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fun Boosting Team For League

Master_Jake

hello i have a fun team for league play. i know you will look at some of the move sets and rage because of the stupidity, but remember this is a fun team. also some of the moves won't be available until bw2. ok so on with the team! (also this is for doubles)

tangrowth
rage powder
sleep powder
tickle (giga drain in bw2)
knock off
item- undecided
ability-regenerator
nature-bold
ev's- 252 de 252 sd 4 hp

this thing tanks so hard its amazing. tickle cripples physical attackers and knock off can get rid of key items the opponent is holding. sleep powder is standard utility and rage powder helps the booster set up. regenerator lets it switch out and come back later to tank more.

togekiss
follow me
light screen/tailwind
reflect
wish/air slash
item-yache berry/light clay
ability-serene grace
nature-calm
ev's-252 hp 252 sd 4 sp

this is the special wall of the team. follow me again helps set up the booster and the screens boost the defenses so it can wall more. the last is either air slash or wish and both have their benefits. wish makes it live longer but air slash keeps it from being taunt bait. i am also having trouble deciding the item. yache lets it live pretty much any ice attack and has saved me in the past. light clay makes the screens stay longer though.

now on the stupid move sets. don't rage at them this is a fun team. now let th stupidity begin!

shuckle
shell smash
earth power
HP ice
sludge wave/sludge bomb
item-white herb
ability-sturdy
nature-timid
ev's-252 sa 252 sp 4 hp

are you raging? this is a stupid move set but it can work. with this ev spread its sa and sp hit 62. after 2 smashes they end up at 186 and the defenses at around 115. because of the white herb however that defenses only take 1 drop so they are at around 170. sludge wave can do spread and can hurt. HP ice is the only way i can take out dragons and gliscor.

scrafty
iron defense
amnesia
crunch
drain punch
item-lefties/sitrus
ability-shed skin
nature-adamant
ev's- 252 hp 252 at 4 sp

this is probably the stupidest scrafty move set but i want it to work. after 1 iron defense or amnesia its defense stats are at shuckles level. combine that with healing from statuses and healing from drain punch and you have a tank. kinda. this thing needs the boosts or else it can die easily. the lefties are for steady recovery but the sitrus can heal a lot if it gets hit hard. this is VERY fun to use as it has incredibly high defenses and you get healing. and you hit pretty much everything for at least neutral

rhydon
rock polish
dragon rush
stone edge
EQ
item-eviolite
ability-undecided
nature-jolly
ev's-252 at 252 sp 4 hp

101 speed with this set + rock polish = out speeds almost everything in the meta game that isn't scarfed. eviolite makes it pretty physically bulky. dragon rush is for hitting well... dragons but i might switch to ice punch in bw2. stone edge + EQ = hitting everything for at least neutral and is just amazing in general.

now this is the amazing set everyone with laugh at...

ferrothorn
rock polish
SD/t-wave
power whip
iron head/bulldoze
item-undecided
ability-iron barbs
nature-jolly
ev's-252 at 252 sp 4 hp

isn't this amazing? and by amazing i mean terrible. with this set its speed hits 79 and 158 after a polish. that almost out speeds non-jolly non-scarf terrakion. i showed my friend this and he was amazed at what i come up with. anyway this going to be fun to troll people with. its attack doesn't go very high so i might want to pack SD but then i can't paralyze people with t-wave.

So what do you think of my Fun boosting team for league? how can i improve it and what are some other pokemon that get fun boosting moves that make them stand out?

~Master Jake

Shuckle is meh...I'd much rather try setting up a Clampearl with Shell Smash and then watching your opponent cower as it proceeds to destroy everything with Surf and Blizzard thanks to DeepSeaTooth.

Anyways, I've always been more of a Power Whip fan on Tangrowth, maybe drop Bold for Impish and fix it on over Tickle; Tangrowth has such great physical defense that Tickle doesn't really put it anymore over the top. In a way Tickle clashes with Sleep Powder as well, ideally I would think you'd prefer to put everything to Sleep so they can't do anything instead of trying to weaken with Tickle. And should Togekiss already have Reflect setup, it kind of diminishes Tickle's role even more.

Statup moves generally don't work super well, but for Scrafty why not just max HP/SpD and then hit the gym with Bulk Up over Iron Defense/Amnesia? Then you're boosting Drain Punch more and can tack on another move like Ice Punch for pesky dragons.

thanks! i want to keep the shuckle though as i want a battle video of it sweeping. i might try clampearl though. tickle is more of a filler move right now and i already did the tangrowth so im sticking with giga drain. might need to train another for a friend. i might try your suggestion for scrafty on another one as i train multiples of pokemon very often. i already have 3 scraftys and 5 amoonguses trained lol. thanks for the feedback

Yeah, if you plan on going with Giga Drain when BW2 tutors come out, it'd probably be the better option over Power Whip in the end since it does give Tangrowth staying power.

Back