Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Fun with Freeze-up/Ice Bind 1st attempt

Status
Not open for further replies.
Trying to make a fun deck more competitive. Strategy is to keep my oppenent in the Cold. Could get lucky with a early freeze-up or let Absol Baleful Wind and Team Galactic's Mars discard their hand so that Ice Bind could leave them Paralyzed. Not doing to well in the deck testing. Maybe its just not cold enough yet.
15 Pokemon ( for now)
4 x Absol
4 x Spheal
3 x Sealeo
4 x Walrein
0 x Umbreon* (might add)
0 x Sableye (also might add)
0 x Mew * (also might add but think maybe not)

Walrein likes Fish so "The Fishing Engine"
3 x Dusk (rhymes with tusk)
3 x Master
3 x Great
4 x Pokenav
3 x Pokedex

4 x Team Galactic's Mars
3 x Professor Birch
1 x Stevens
3 x Rare Candy

18 x Water energy ( maybe more maybe less depending on what changes go in the deck on 2nd attempt.)

You should really have DRE and/or Scramble in here to help stablize your energy needs. A few switch cards would help a bunch to help get Absol in the active role when you don't start with him.

Wow. I was just trying to make such a deck when this thread popped up.

Also, do not put in umbreon* as if you start with it then it's tough for you. It can happen. Stick to absol and walrein.

I agree with darkwalker. I recommend putting in scrambles in absol decks since they're usually gonna be sacked anyways, and allows you to keep up with all those DWD

I'm not very familiar with this "fishing" engine, except that since you don't run that much Pokemon you really need to thin your deck and know what's inside to get what you want with Master/Dusk ball. Perhaps try an alternative engine?

Trying to make a fun deck more competitive. Strategy is to keep my oppenent in the Cold. Could get lucky with a early freeze-up or let Absol Baleful Wind and Team Galactic's Mars discard their hand so that Ice Bind could leave them Paralyzed. Not doing to well in the deck testing. Maybe its just not cold enough yet.
15 Pokemon ( for now)
4 x Absol
4 x Spheal
3 x Sealeo
4 x Walrein
0 x Umbreon* (might add)
0 x Sableye (also might add)
0 x Mew * (also might add but think maybe not)

Walrein likes Fish so "The Fishing Engine"
3 x Dusk (rhymes with tusk)
3 x Master
3 x Great
4 x Pokenav
3 x Pokedex

4 x Team Galactic's Mars
3 x Professor Birch
1 x Stevens
3 x Rare Candy

18 x Water energy ( maybe more maybe less depending on what changes go in the deck on 2nd attempt.)

Close ot my deck there Mike.. but not close enough.. here we go with some fixes!!

Pokemon 15

4 x Absol
4 x Spheal
3 x Sealeo
4 x Walrein

Walrein is str8 forward and doesn't need a lot of support... if you hit the dbl heads, it takes care of itself!!

This is actually a good engine in here and despite the comments, it does work well!!

Trainers 29

"The Fishing Engine"
3 x Dusk
3 x Master
3 x Great
3 x Pokenav
3 x Pokedex

4 x Team Galactic's Mars
3 x Professor Birch
3 x Rare Candy
2x Super Scoop Up!
2 Switch Warp Point

You need the SSU for opportunities at getting multiple chances of flipping... So what are the odds of getting 3 heads in a row.. Luck be a Heads, Tonight!!

Energy 16

4 DRE
12 Water energy

Nor more no less!! Whereas Scramble gives oyu the quick 3, you'd be surprised how quick you can get ahead when the Flips go your way!

Hope this works for you!! Walrein is fun and it is nice to see someone else trying to use it!!

Happy Holidays!!

~Prof. Fish~

I had been playing with 14 water and 4 blank cards that would be used as DRE or Scramble to see which would be more useful if it had the chance. In most cases I was looking for the DRE. So Thanks for the tip. I have run into a few crystal beach so if its DRE then all it takes is one more water (in addition to the water and the DRE ) to attack. Thanks, d.c.p.

What about Night Maintenance and/or Windstorms...?

And I would reduce the Dusk/Masters to a 4 ball-line of 2-2 dusk/master or only 4 of one kind...
6 of these kind of balls are a lil' bit overkill...

+4 SSU fo sho.

Scoop that absol, drop it and swing for 40-50!

Or scoop that 130hp pokemon and get another oppurtunity to discard one of their pokemon lol.

But if you have 4 SSU then it would be very helpful if you had 4 rare candies to evolve them right after scooping... Or you could switch Mars to Prof. Oaks Visit to draw more cards... Or other draw cards... Becauce in my test plays I had definitly not enough draw power :D

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back