Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gamboy advance SP glitch???

registeel

My bro was playing a gamboy color game on is SP when he Droped it by mistake he than picked it up, and it was forzen(wouldn't do any thing but still on) he turned off the SP and turned it back on(w/o a game in it) and it showed what it shows for a Gamboy. color he tried puting a Gamboy advance game in it and it still showed what it would show if it was a Gamboy color and it said there was no game in it! He got a little scared and thought it had to be a battery power thing so he charged it up and tried it again but he still showed what it shows for a Gamboy color! He tried using a gamboy color game and it worked fine but would never get it use a gamby advance game. this went on for about 4 days and was getting pretty mad/scared. he than showed it to my his Dad and he axcidently dropped it AGAIN! Every thing was blank for a second and then turned off. He turned it back on and it was back to normal! He was pretty glad at that time =P has somthing like this ever happend to you???

Last edited:
wEll kinda I was playing my Gameboy color and water got on it.It then changed colors it continued to change colors like blue then green then a little lighter green it was weird.

If something goes wrong because you've dropped your Game Boy, it's not a "glitch".

Anywhoo, The Game Boy Advance/GBASP doesn't really play GB/GBC games, it emulates them. The system turns the emulator "on" when a switch is pressed inside of the unit (by inserting a GB/GBC cartridge).

Probably what happened is, when you dropped the unit, it somehow knocked the switch into place and got stuck there. Dropping it again unstuck it.

UncleBob said:
If something goes wrong because you've dropped your Game Boy, it's not a "glitch".

Anywhoo, The Game Boy Advance/GBASP doesn't really play GB/GBC games, it emulates them. The system turns the emulator "on" when a switch is pressed inside of the unit (by inserting a GB/GBC cartridge).

Probably what happened is, when you dropped the unit, it somehow knocked the switch into place and got stuck there. Dropping it again unstuck it.

hehe good point I kinda knew it wasn't a glitch but I didn't know what word to use thats why I said Gamboy SP Glitch "?????"

well you see saying that there is a glitch will attract people to look at this thread and once they see it they will understand what I am saying so saying that its a glitch is just so people will want to look here.. Just Kidding

registeel said:
has somthing like this ever happend to you???

I had one (story?) like that but it didnt have a positive ending... :(
one time I was playing blue version on my blue Game Boy Color while eating breakfast. I spilled milk on my Gameboy so I reset it. I turned it back on and nothing happened. I kept resteting for a minute and I knew that I broke my GameboyColor (not blue version, fortunately). I went to the store bought a GreenGameBoy and its with me today. :D

Swmpert 2004 said:
I had one (story?) like that but it didnt have a positive ending... :(
one time I was playing blue version on my blue Game Boy Color while eating breakfast. I spilled milk on my Gameboy so I reset it. I turned it back on and nothing happened. I kept resteting for a minute and I knew that I broke my GameboyColor (not blue version, fortunately). I went to the store bought a GreenGameBoy and its with me today. :D

lol thats too bad .............

RING OF FIRE said:
my friend droped his gba and the iner screen broak and now its usless
*screams at highest volume while reading the post*
EEEKK!!!
Im sure lucky that my GameBoyColor Broke. *sighs in reilief*

and rigisteel, to make a :(, you have to put : then a ( not like this: =(

also to make a :p put down : then p not =p

Last edited:
Swampy..... Did u ever think that maybe I didn't care.... Or maybe that I didn't want it to look like that?....... Or maybe that......................................

Last edited:
my friends sp screen broke while it was in his pocket, so he sent it back to nintendo since the warranty was still good. And he got a new one for free :) !

my friend at states was throwing his GBA SP against the wall. He slammed it on the table so it made a dent on the table and on the GB. He started punching the screen. and he poured orange soda on it. but surprisingly when he turned it on it had still worked. Everyone at states was cracking up. well thats my story.

WHY THE HECK WOULD HE WANT TO DO THAT?????

I dropped my Crystal Version one time and when I went to play it later, it wouldn't go past the logo screen!So about a year later I dropped it again and when I put it in my GBC it was fine. :p

Back