Gamecube to GBA (SP) cord

Discussion in 'Random Topic Center' started by Water Pokemon Master, Apr 16, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

I just bought a cord from Best Buy made by Datel that connects my old GBA to Pokemon Colosseum, but it won't work for my GBA SP. Aren't all cords for GBA and GBA SP supposed to be compatible with each other or something?

2. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

That's the bad thing about buying third party accessories. They're not guaranteed to work as well as the offical stuff (never ever buy a third party memory card!)

I would try returning it to Best Buy and explain that it doesn't work with your SP. See if you can get credit toward the Offical Nintendo cable....

3. Water Pokemon Master

Water Pokemon Master <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

How much is the official one? I got this one for $5.

4. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

$10-$15 - usually...

5. farbsman

farbsman New Member

I paid $10 at KMart and Wal Mart

6. mysterioustrainer

mysterioustrainer New Member

Hmm according to Nintendo's standard warrenty policy, you would not be able to obtain an offical GBA/GCN replacement for the third party hardware. Chances are you blew off $5. Trust me it just makes more sense to spend the extra buck towards somethings with the offical seal. Because I have tested several pieces of third party hardware/software and they just plain suck to offical hardware/software.

7. UncleBob

UncleBob New Member

You won't get a replacement from Nintendo, but, again, it's possible that Best Buy will give you credit toward one. ;)

And, as a rule, yes third party accessories suck, but not always. The Hori Digital Controller is an awesome GCN accessory - dare I say a "Must Have"?

Pelican makes a beautiful multi-system switch box that is absolutly wonderful. The Pelican Game Boy Game cases are usually of a good quality.

As far as third party software... wha? Are you sure you know what you're talking about there? Mega Man, Final Fantasy, Super Monkey Ball, and tons of other games fall into the catagory of third party software...