Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Garchomp Lv X worth playing when it comes out?

i like nachos

Garchomp Lv.X - 140 HP [C]

Poke-Power: Dragon Pulse - You can use this Power once during your turn, when you play this card from your hand to Level-Up a Pokemon. Flip 3 coins. For each heads, place 1 damage counter on each of your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

[.] Rebirth: Search your discard pile for a Pokemon card (excluding Pokemon Lv.X), and play it on your Bench as a Basic Pokemon. Then, you may search your discard pile for 3 Basic Energy cards and attach them to that Pokemon.

Weakness: [C] x2
Retreat: 0
http://pokegym.net/gallery/displayimage.php?imageid=16321

I think that with Alakazam star it would work well but I'm worryed about stability. Can anyone think of anything else to play it with?

Thanxs to pokebeach for the translation:thumb:

my guess is no, pgon z could be good and blissey might kill it fast

For that matter, maybe a Magikarp in DP15 could be amazing, too.
There is absolutely no point in speculating whether or not cards that we know nothing about will be good or not.
Garchomp Lv.X is most likely going to be in the format before PorygonZ Lv.X.

is chomp LVX worth playing?

in a chomp deck, no. i'm sure the chomp deck needs 4 chomp to work proberly

as a 1-0-1-1 line? good luck.

chomp LVX is by no means mediocre, but the pokwmon it levels from, not so great together.

Q. is chomp LVX worth playing?
A. is night maintenance/balls or TSD really that bad the you need this in a deck?

I can see people playing this with anything from 2/2 Empoleon/E Lvl X to Dragonite Ex d to Flygon Ex d not to mention the obvious Garchomp itself to very quickly bring back the first Garchomp that goes down. Garchomp Lvl X will be a bench sitter that can come up with no energy use it's attack and then free retreat back to do it again later. Blastoise d could easily fit into a Garchop X deck as a tech.

i really want to play it with just a bunch of techs like flygon ex d and tyranitar ex d among others and not play any of their lower stages. discard them with tvr and energy draw to get energy in the discard then WABAM! in one turn you got a fully powered flygon ex or any other beefy hard hitting guy!

Meh, might as well do Bronzong if you're going to use Energy Draw like stuff (That way you aren't one shotted by Empoleon LV.X nor slaughtered by Ice Blades). Bronzong at least lets you discard either energy or pokemon :/

I can easily see EVERY Garchomp LV.X deck playing Blastoise d. It's not hard at all to fit one card in, seriously (since you don't need the pre-evolutions)

It's also REALLY cool to notice that Garchomp retains that free Retreat (Whoa!), and can even do his resurrection attack with no energy. There's not much more you can do to set up a perfect recovery against shocking KOs. Heck, you don't even need to use it as a recovery move. Play TV Reporters, return Bronzongs, and continue to set up.

It... COULD work, if someone could balance out all of the pokemon and searching and the like properly. Certainly possible.

I'm just throwing this out there...

3-2-3 Nidoqueen d
2-1-2/2 Garchomp/ lv X
2-2 Bronzong
1 Dragonite ex d
1 Flygon ex d
1 Machamp PK
1 ? (something big and flashy that has a splashable energy cost)
4 Smeargle
=27

2 Scramble
3 grass
3 psychic
3 fighting
3 (type of 4th tech)
=14

4 Celio's
2 Bebe's
4 Rare Candy
3 TV Reporter
2 Holon Mentor
2 Holon Adventurer
3 Windstorm
=19

It looks really rough, but that's what I envision with the deck. No testing on my part, but feel free to try it out!

You could play it with Blissey pretty well.

Garchomp is a beast. 130HP, and a 0 retreat. No other Pokemon (excluding -ex) can compare to such stats. And -exs barely pass him!

I find this card highly playable. For one free attack, you can auto-revive any Pokemon (except Lv X) in your discard and give it 3 Basic Energies so it can actually attack. Granted, it would be a bit underwhelming if it only revived Basic Pokemon or didn't have the Energy attachment aspect. But overall I see this being a great mechanic once it comes out.

I was going for something like this
20x Pokemon

1x Alakazam*
2x Gible
1x Gabite
2x Garchomp
2x Garchomp Lv X
1x Squirtle
1x Blastoise D
2x Bronzor
2x Brongzong
3x Gardevoir D EX
3x Flygon D EX

23x Trainers

3x Bebes
3x Celios
4x Tvr or Holon Adventurer depending on which pokemon
4x Rare Candy
2x Night Maintence or TSD
4x Quick Ball
2x Windstorm
1x Battle Frontier

17x Energy

8x Grass
7x Fire
2x Multi

just for example but, you could play just about anything in place of Dragonite and Gardevoir. It just depends on what you choose

A fun thing about Chomp lv X and Blastoise d ... once Chomp brings him up he's a basic so Battle Frontier will not turn off his power. Cess still puts a stop to it but still interesting and makes Blissey more playable.

That's also a ditto for the Garchomps that Chomp X brings back. Harder to stop the extra damage. That matters against things like Mario IMHO.

Unconfirmed if it will be released in Secret Wonders, as it was a picture book promo in Japan.

That being said, TSD was a promo in Japan, and we got it in MT. It's probable that we'll get Garchomp LV.X in this set, as it's unlikely that we'll get Porygon-Z's evolution line and his Lv.X

Back