Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Garchomp

Status
Not open for further replies.

rerisenphoenix

This is my Garchomp deck, and I was wanderin' if anyone could help?:smile::smile::smile:

Pokmon (21)
4 Gible
2 Gabite
4 Garchomp
4 Skitty
3 Delcatty
1 Delcatty ex
3 Smeargle (Secret Wonders)

Trainers/Supporters/Stadiums (21)
4 Rare Candy
2 Warp Point
3 Drake's Stadium
3 TV Reporter
4 Celio's Network
3 Mr. Stone's Project
2 Roseanne's Research (Secret Wonders)

Energy (18)
2 Boost
3 :psychic:
3 :fire:
3 :fighting:
2 :lightning
2 :water:
2:grass:
1 :dark:

Basically, use Smeargle to grab a ton of energy, attach your opponent's weakness to Gible (Eventually Garchomp), and, energy draw like crazy! Then, late game, Upstream with catty ex to get a deck back, and do a butt-load of damage.

Last edited:
I was thinking about a 1-1, but the way my deck flows, I WANT energy in the discard pile for my catty ex. Plus, if I really need the energy back, I use MS'sP.

I've tried Garchomp out, and our team has found that it can't do well in a Blissey dominant format. Also, a good card to combo with him is Raichu MT. He attaches two L energy to anyone for [.]. You can set up garchomps rather effectively, and castaway or roseannes for the precise energy you need to hit for weakness.

I would cut down the energy a bit. Drop the stones and the drakes and add more draw.

I would drop the Mr. Stone's and a Drake's Stadium for 2 Castaway and 2 Memory Berry (these work great with Gible's Push Down and Gabite's Gather Up to get Boosts back). You can drop a couple energy for 2 more Castaway to help draw into even more energy. Windstorm should be in here somewhere to help make sure your Delcatty's and Garchomps have their powers and bodies functioning. The only thing I can see left to take out for Windstorm are the 2 remaining Drake's Stadium or you could go with a 3-2/1 Delcatty line.

if you want to play garchomp with raichu you should also play rayquaazas, i don't like skitty's because they make you weak to lucario, if you only play full garchomp, full skitty, you will start with it a couple times,

you need more lightning, then fighting, then psychic, then tech energies,

i don't like stone, if you have night maintenacne, energy search is better

you don't have enough draw if you take the skitty's out so i would say to switch tvr with pov and max it out

you're also missing castaway and memory berry,

most of the things i've listed are pretty key to making the deck work, and that's not saying what happens if you play blissey, which is automatically lose, it's the most discouraging macthup because they only usually start with one basic so gible can't disrupt, and t2 your gible is dead

i tryed sudowoodoo to counter blissey at brs, it does 40 t1 for colorless to chansey but if you have bonsly start your done, so no bonsly for me, i haven't used sableye but it's a common tech, i've heard it don't stop blissey too much

The reason I run so many energy is to counter Blissey. Using Catty ex, once I have a rediculously high ammount of energy discarded, through the use of energy draw, I hit them for at least 130, then, likely at this point, I will only have energy left, and hopefully 3 Cattys benched, energy draw 3 times, Constrain, Upstream, they try to do 90 in one turn, repeat process, or, better yet, just bring up another Garchomp and unleash **** ON EARTH!:biggrin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back