2 Holon Mentor
2 Scott
3 TV Reporter
3 Celio
1 Copycat

Key Cards
Teddiursa L.20 – Colorless – HP60
Basic Pokemon

[C] Rest: Remove all Special Conditions and 2 damage counters from Teddiursa. After that, Teddiursa is now Asleep.
[C][C] Sweet Palms: 30 damage. Before doing damage, remove 1 damage counter from the Defending Pokemon.

Weakness: Fighting (+10)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 1

Ursaring L.38 – Colorless – HP100
Stage 1 – Evolves from Teddiursa

[C][C] Pout: 30 damage. The Defending Pokemon is now Confused. During your opponent’s next turn, any damage done by the Defending Pokemon to any Active Pokemon is increased by 60.
[C][C][C][C] Protective Claws: 60 damage. If Teddiursa is on your bench, this attack does an additional 20 damage. If Teddiursa has any damage counters on it, this attack does 20 more damage on top of that, and those damage counters are removed.

Weakness: Fighting (+20)
Resistance: none
Retreat: 2
H-9_Gardevoir.jpg

Basically, the whole set revolves around dropping Teddi's quickly, and pumping out a turn 2 Gardevoir. Psy shadow to Teddi for damage, Ursaring gets auto 100 every round.

Chingling is primarily there for opener support and stall later on, combined with Chimeco. First turn mentor with it, second turn drop Chimecho on it and start pumping away with the Draw power.

So far, it's ran relatively smoothly. I'm trying to decide whether 4 Rare Candy is too much. Same with Fast Ball,

By turn 3, I usually start dropping 100 damage per turn. The only time this hasn't happened, it started up turn 4. [ I couldn't get a Gardy out. ]

Comments / advice?

I'm changing out a rare candy for a Briney so I don't get stuck with chingling / chimecho later on [ like per switch ]

Last edited:
boost energy can help get your ursaring attacking quicker. I would run 4 Boost that way it can also be used with gardivoir. Don't you think delcatty would be better? It works with night maintenance and will get gardivour out quicker. 4 Mentor is needed.

Four mentor? That doesn't make much sense, considering I really really don't run that many basics. I run barely enough to make it work. Delcatty would be better for -what-? You're just being kind of vague, at this point.

yea the rainbow idea is good. Consistancy is needed. 4 mentor gives you pokemon to set up. i'm not gonna explain in detail if you've played pokemon this year seeing how everyone's deck survives setting up with holon mentor. Well the delcatty draws cards, which means you can get set up faster. gardi and bear alone is inconsistant good luck with those t3 100's it is prbably fluking. If you don't have delcatty try something else like adding more chingling and chimecho,

Energy-15
9 Psychic Energy
2 Rainbow Energy
4 Double Rainbow Energy

Pokemon -22
4 Chingling
2 Chimecho
3 Teddiursa [ MT ]
3 Ursaring [ MT ]
2 ralts
1 kirlia
2 Gardevoir [ Power Keepers ]
2 Skitty
2 Delcatty
1 Tauros CG (maybe)

Trainers-23
3 Windstorm
3 Rare Candy
4 Holon Mentor
4 Celio's Network
3 Castaway
2 Steven's Advice
2 Strength Charm
1 Bufer Piece(first attack on ursaring)
1 night maintenance

Last edited:
Rainbow is being cycled out. I can't run it. But I wasn't aware that Briney was getting cycled out too, so, bleh. I'll throw in scoops or something. Thanks for the Briney note, by the by.

Again - 4 mentor seems kind of nutty. You don't have to have that many to run things well. I -have- played this year, and I've not ran into any major issues with having only two. Especially if I can search them out.

Tauros is a maybe. Definate maybe.

Delcatty / Skitty makes no sense to me, honestly. I don't want to drop my energy like that, even if I get three cards. It stretches my attention too much. T3 Ursaring / Gardy is not difficult, with the excess mill I've got playing in. Charm / Buffer is a good idea, though, especially considering Castaway. I might drop Scotts for Castaways at that, since I'm not running stadiums to grab.

Last edited:
change my rainbow's to psychic. Delcatty is very important if you want to set up multiple ursaring. It is the only card in your deck that can draw cards and set up, as a power. castaway can get you the psychic energy to discard. Good luck to you! You won't always start with chingling maybe running some great ball and 4 mentor might be good. You will need more than 2 mentor. If they are prized you fold. I don't care what you do :p

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back