Gardevoir Deck For States Help

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by TennisEmperor, Apr 22, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

Pokemon: 20
    3 Gardevoir
    3 Gardevoir ex
    2 Kirlia (super psy)
    4 Ralts (2 hypnoblast, 1 phychic boom, 1 confuse ray)
    4 Wobbuffet
    4 Wynaut

Trainers: 22
    4 TV Reporter
    2 Warp Point
    1 Town Volunteers
    1 Fisherman
    2 Oracle
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Copycat
    4 Professor Oak's Research
    2 Pokemon Fan Club

Energy: 18
    13 Psychic Energy
    4 Boost Energy
    1 Warp Energy

Im hoping this will stand a chance vs bar and swampart for kentucky states. Feel free to post fixes to this deck because it probably needs them.

Last edited: Apr 22, 2004
  2. Hero

Hero New Member

-1 wobb
    -1 gard ex
    -1 fisherman

Now do something creative.

3. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

Taking gard ex out isnt a good idea because if i only have 2 and both are in my prizes then il have no way to win. Fisherman does help this deck because i play limited amount of energy so if something dies so does 3-4 energys and gardevoir needs all the energys it can have.

4. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Okay that was strange. Fisherman does not belong in Gardevoir decks for OBVIOUS reasons. You know why, I know why, Hero knows why and that's why he took it out.

Wooper

5. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

Ok just because your not good enough to see that fisherman is good doesnt mean i dont have to play it.

6. GrandmaJoner

GrandmaJoner Active Member

ROFL ;x fisherman like is horrible unless you use attacks or powers that discard energy AKA delcatty ;/

7. Hero

Hero New Member

Yeah. What was I thinking when I said -1 fisherman. In fact, add 3 more.

8. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

Uhh Joner, Dont you remember those games months ago when everything was Gardy Mirror. How many times did Fisherman save Jermy and I? Hmm...

9. Hero

Hero New Member

The point of this argument is: If he isn't free to suggestions, don't bother posting up a deck and ask for criticism. Thanks.

10. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

I am very free to suggestions i just know perfectly well from expirement that some cards just help this deck very much. For example fisherman is for later in the game when you dont have enough energy for gardevoir and is basicaly just for backup and every deck needs a backup.

11. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Alrighty TRUK, let's see. Town Volunteers puts energy back in the deck, where Gardevoir can PSY SHADOW for it. It gets the energy right back into play. If you need to use it to energy draw again, then you need to rething your entire way of playing, because Delcatty's wasting your energy at a rate I can't comprehend. If you're going to playing Delcatty in your Gardy deck, use another POR, another Reporter, another Oracle, but not Fisherman, because that just means you're not in control of your energy.

Besides, that was MONTHS AGO, just like you said. The times have changed, I'm not necessarily saying it isn't useful in Gardevoir, I'm saying you shouldn't use it. Did that make any sense? No? Okay, good.

***per

12. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

Actually the Fisherman DOES belong like he said when you lose a pokemon you're normally losing 3-4 energy with it... which screws you over. Unlike Blaziken where you can get the stuff back and reuse energy non stop Gardevoir needs them to be in the deck... or hand... so fisherman can get them back then next turn copycat/por and get them in the deck. Super, back off you've been rather cocky lately since you and patriach made an easy combo in a set two sets into the future. Stop acting like your jeremy who created something that no one else saw... I garantee your deck would have been discovered as soon as the set came out.

As for a fix

-1 Tv Reporter
    -1 Wobbuffet

+2 Pokemon Reversal (it will help you a LOT vs Blaziken, while I personally hate the card it will help you vs blaz and Gardevoir has room for it.)

13. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

That is a good idea.

14. bluboy

bluboy New Member

This is how i would play the deck

Pokemon 18

4ralts
    2kirla
    3gardy ex
    2gardy
    4wynaut
    3wobbufett

Trainers 23

4POR
    4rare candy
    4pokemon reversal
    2crystal shard(how did you forget this if you wanted to beat BAR)
    1TV
    1copycat
    3birch
    2fan club
    2oracle

Energy 19

14psychic
    4boost
    1warp

This deck should beat swampert because swampert has so many ex's it cries to wobb. Levi sorry for showing this deck before you got to show it.

15. Physics Squirrel

Physics Squirrel Active Member

Don't use Fisherman, use Town Volunteers, duh.

16. TennisEmperor

TennisEmperor New Member

I use both and 1 town volenteers is enough.

17. Hero

Hero New Member

OH WOW

Why not just 1 town volunteers? Almost 1/6 of your deck is comprised of energy. If you need more than 1 TV-like card, somethings horribly wrong with the way you think. Oh yeah, might as well tell him to use 2 rare candy too since something "important" like pokemon reversal is limited to 2. If your even considering the card, make room for 4.

18. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Ya psychic, YJ? You could really predict that? That's cool! How about you predict which deck will win Worlds. Too hard? lol.

I don't like Fisherman. You could just Psy Shadow the energy back from the deck after Town Volunteering it back to the deck, maybe run extra healing to counter the damage coming with Psy Shadow. Fisherman is good for getting energy back to the hand for using Energy Draw over again. Town Volunteers gets them str8 to the deck, that's what you prolly want to do anyway, I think you realize that, but you play it your way, I play it mine.

Cocky? You definitely definitely DEFINTELY shouldn't be telling ME that I'M cocky. Who's the master of cockiness on this board, YJ? And I quote from AIM:

*Disclaimer: Some words in this dialouge were changed because SOMEBODY was ticked off*

I rest my case. Where am I cocky? Am I cocky because I said Wex wasn't good? Did I insult your favorite card? And what about Whiscash? Is he good too? ROFL, I'm just kiddin'.

I'd do what YJ said, but drop a Gardy ex (2 has been enough for me), a Wobbuffet, and a Reporter for 3 Reversal, if you're going to go reversal. If not, just go standard Gardy/Delcatty, or standard Gardy, whatever works for you. Playing only 2 Reversal isn't going to be reliable, you should really only play it if your deck has room for 3 or 4, 2 won't really help, IMNSHO.

***per

19. Imperial

Imperial New Member

Mr dan, i think your deck is good, exept my crappy made-it-in-5-minutes meganium unlimited deck beat it :p but it does beat my regular deck (which is bad...) ah well.
    i think fisherman is useful in any deck cept blaziken.

20. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Alright, let the flames, arguments, erm......CONSTRUCTIVE CRITICISM...*coff*...commence!

Gardy lists are pretty standard, I like Volunteers, it's worked for me, I tried Fisherman, it didn't work. I don't know why this is. Fisherman seemed to bring energy back to my hand that I didn't need, because when Gardevoir ex died, Volunteers brought back pokemon, energy, and, yeah, that. Fisherman brought back the energy, and to get it back into the deck to Psy Shadow I had to wait to use Copycat/POR. That's two turns, Volunteers does it all in one trick, and it's more versitile, it can ALSO get back the Gardy you JUST LOST.

Sorry, I can't really see your side as clearly as I can mine, care to elaborate?

***per

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.