Gardevoir in unlimited

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by Venusaur, Nov 6, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Venusaur

Venusaur New Member

I think Gardevoir/ex can really work in unlim. Just add in 4 Impostor oaks and 4 Erikas. Impostor oak will make sure gardevoir ex can do at least 70 damage for only 2 energy! Since his attack places damage counters, it bypasses metal + resistance, which means it kos sneasel in 1 hit. If they Eeek thats a free 70 damage for you to do to them, so Id put in 4 Gust of winds to get rid of the threats on the bench. You can even Erika to make your attack do more damage. If they see what you're up to they might not draw cards from Erika, but even if they dont you get a 3 card advantage to your hand and they dont...
    You could add 4 pichu to beat slowkings.
    Once you get at least 1 Gardevoir and 1 Gardevoir ex in play, its almost SER prone because you can just reattach energy, psy shadow, and use Feedback again. Pokemon center could be used in this deck too probably. With 150 HP I think this could work. But I tried making a deck with this and it had 70 cards in it....I just couldnt get rid of any of the cards it would ruin the deck lol.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  2. dkates

dkates New Member

Well, if you can get it down to 60 cards, I'd love to see it! I hope you will post it in the deck forum.

3. NoTime4LoveDrJ

NoTime4LoveDrJ New Member

I had an Unlimited deck with just the regular Gardevoir, and it played very well. The first things I thought when I saw the ex version?

Imposter Professor Oak
    Blastoise

But before I bothered, I realized that Aggron can do as much damage with a lot less effort. So I gave up on Gardevoir.

Mine had regular Gardevoir, and Alakazam to Damage Swap to benched Root Fossils. It was a fun deck, no doubt about it.

Last edited: Nov 6, 2003
  4. NoTime4LoveDrJ

NoTime4LoveDrJ New Member

I took out the Gardevoir because its biggest challenge happened to be Expedition Tyranitar with Healing Field, Gold Berries and Item Finders for the Gold Berries. I basically needed a OHKO or else whatever attacked died in two turns. So, there needed to be fifteen energy in play between Tyranitar and Gardevoir. Screw it. Aggron's Double Lariat = Easier OHKO, faster too. So the Aggron works very well in Unlimited.

But really, I have it easy. Nobody here really plays anything strong. Maybe two or three people here. So no Energy Removals, Super Energy Removals, or anything else. Honestly, that's likely the reason it does so well. :)

5. YoungJohn06

YoungJohn06 New Member

Sounds like the league I used to play in.. I went with a semi decent haymaker... the people were so horrible... no one even played trainers so I got away with so much lol. I played Tyranitar since no one ERed me... :D

Back on topic (sorry Jermy)

I like the idea.. maybe play like 2-3 erika instead and don't max out on everything. Think of how often you're really gonna use them. Just play Item finder over the extra versions of cards cause it's more useful... get back the card again or something else. Umm... other than that I dunno. Show me the deck on Apprentice sometime and I can cut it down to 60 I bet. I can normally find SOMETHING to lower/remove to make it smoother. :)

6. KinGdrATrainer

KinGdrATrainer New Member

The Deck looks PRetty good Venusoar and thanks for the help on my kingdra deck i reall apretiate by the way KINGDRA will grush Gardevoir. i wouldnt mind playing them against each other some day =)