Gardevoir, not ex

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Ditto, Dec 7, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ditto

Ditto Member

hey guys, it's been awhile since i've posted, before the new board i think actually. anyway, here's something for everyone to look at.

4 Ralts SS
    2 Kirlia RS2
    3 Gardevoir RS
    1 Gardevoir ex SS
    3 Zigzagoon SS
    2 Linoone RS
    3 Skitty RS2
    3 Delcatty RSH

2 Professor Oak's Research
    2 Copycat
    1 Wally's Training
    2 Oracle
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    1 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    4 Potion
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Star Piece
    3 Strength Charm
    2 Town Volunteers

4 Boost Energy
    10 Psychic Energy

well there it is. as you can see i play the r/s gardevoir, rather than the EX one (i threw one in for tech). as far as drawing trainers i like to play a little bit of everything so that i'll have what i need for the situation, while all still fulfilling the same purpose, to draw. the warp/switch ratio is there cause while i really like making my opponet switch, it's more often than not in my favor to not have them switch, so 1/2. potion is perfect in this deck. since i do exactly 20 damage to myself from gardi's power, it's perfect for taking it off. moo moo is too risky when the damage is exact. rare candy is amazing in this deck, gardevoirs come out of no where with this thing, total must. star piece is something i like the most about this. it lets me use gardi's power on benched ralts, attach star, and then attack like normal and search for kirlia and it now already has an energy on it ready for more. strength charm is there since most of this deck relies on koing the pokes using exact damage, this card helps get that extra boost. 2 town volunteers since i discard energy so much and need it back in my deck to search for with the power rather than really in my hand. boost, duh, gardi +30. anyway, you'll see that there's no dragon in it yet (not like anything cept tv reporter would be useful in here anyway), but that's just cause i haven't updated it, eh. anyway, all comments welcome. thanks guys.

2. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Hey mike, gg earlier btw.

I think you need the Wynaut/Wobbuffet line in this. Shadowing to a wynaut 2x then removing all the damage via evolution is just broken. Also, wynaut's first attack is broken like mad. Because of this, I'd also play Net Search over Fanclub so u can search for a wobbu and put it in your hand, instead of to the bench. I dunno how you'd fit these guys in... maybe replace the Linoone line with them? Wynaut can't search for anything.. but its a quick basic, and can search for pokemon.

I wanna see more draw power in this, but you said it usually gets decent starts, and I know that Delcatty can keep the thing running smooth.

Cuz you play the Catty though, I'd recommend playing a few more energy. Drop the Wally's Training (as you have 2 star piece and now wynaut) and maybe a S. Charm for another 2 Psy energy. 2 TV seems alright, even though i'm not a big fan of the card; in this it should be fine though.

Good luck with it, hope to see you in St. Louis if the cash tourney is on the 27th ^_^

3. Ditto

Ditto Member

hey, thanks. one thing i've been wanting to do is take out 1/1 cats and put in two tv reporters, just to see how that works out. i'll see what else i can do with your advice. thanks

4. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

Hey mike hows it going?

Anyway the deck I can see has some issues to be worked out..heres my fix..

4 Ralts SS
    2 Kirlia RS2
    2 Gardevoir RS
    2 Gardevoir ex SS
    2 Zigzagoon SS
    2 Linoone RS
    3 Skitty RS2
    2 Delcatty RSH

3 Professor Oak's Research
    3 Oracle
    2 Pokemon Fan Club
    1 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    4 Potion
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Star Piece
    3 Professor Birch
    1 Town Volunteers

4 Boost Energy
    13 Psychic Energy

You may want to drop the Linoone line for some Wynauts/Wobbuffets. But the deck is cool. Good job with it. Ill cya at league.

~Colin

5. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

I dont think you need Linoone and Delcatty... that is search overkill... I would drop 1 for Wynaut/Wobuffett...

Other than that, looks good, wouldnt change much else...

6. Bigpoppabeatdown

Bigpoppabeatdown New Member

ok mikey, having just played this deck about 2 hours ago i can respond to that comment by venusaur! (go PULL DOWN!!!!)
    NO NO NO

Gardevoir ex isn't as good as everyone thinks it is. It has too many weaknesses IMHO to the environment out.

even though i hate this deck because of its' speed, i think there are a few issues that must be fixed.

3 skitty, delcatty and zigzagoon??? umm no, 2 will be just fine thank you.

i also don't like the 1 warp point, you should be able to swarm with them, without the nrg cost, and with the boost, whatever they bring out, you could kill.

so here is my fix.

-1 skitty
    -1 delcatty
    -1 zigzagoon

+2 warp
    +1 wobbuffet/wynaut/azurill

you want at least nine basic and with your draw speed, it won't be hard to get them out.

also, i'd try to find more healing....... you realized the danger of 40 damage today (4 prizes! oh baby!!)

well that's it for now, but keep gardy EX as the tech, that's it!!

7. Ditto

Ditto Member

the reason i have both kitty and linoone is so that i always get what i need when i need it. i can collect on my first turn, balancing the drawing ratio, and then i can also search for ANY TWO cards with linoone. wynaut can only search for pokemon, which most of the time i really don't need. linoone can do quite a bit of damage with some luck for hardly any energy (heck, even CC for just 40 is really good), and he's colorless, so he helps against dragons. yes wabba has the EX power, but this deck is quick and so most of the time i'm already set up and hacking when they get EX's out, plus EX's use lots of energy which just power up gardi's attack. i play the kitty's in there for later in the game (not LATE, just later) so that i can start attacking and still have draw power other than trainers.

as for the EX gardi, well, IMHO i just don't think it's good enough or fast enough. reg gardi is so fast and helps the deck get going in other areas as well as just itself. plus they can come out of no where and just start hacking away. there are some times when it's nice just to have the raw power of gardi EX though, so that's why i have one in there for tech, but to focus on it...it's just not fast enough. (believe me, i tear through gardi EX decks).

IMHO, i just don't see what's so good about the wynaut gang, if anyone would care to explain why they think it's so good i'm all ears, maybe i just don't see it. anyway, thanks everyone, i'll post a revised version a little later.

8. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

Ok being the fact I know gardy in and out heres the reason why the wynaut gang is godly 1) Wynaut search out the whole evolution line or basics from your deck so you can almost always get a good setup 2) ALL of the top deck are based on some EX pokemon or another Amphy EX, Aggron EX, the soon to be Blaziken EX theres too many to name.

Now for Gardy EX the thing is a freaking beatstick I mean lategame It can just CLEAN up prizes with all the energy that should be in play and also most of the time if its rare candy'd turn 2 it can be doing 60 with 150 hp. PRETTY GOOD I tink ;\

9. Ditto

Ditto Member

ok, busy busy here. just got back from tourney, 2nd place, stupid ties, anyway, here's what i'm looking at:

4 Ralts SS
    2 Kirlia RS2
    2 Gardevoir RS
    2 Gardevoir ex SS
    2 Zigzagoon SS
    2 Linoone RS
    2 Skitty RS2
    2 Delcatty RSH

2 Professor Oak's Research
    2 Copycat
    3 TV Reporter
    2 Oracle
    1 Pokemon Fan Club
    2 Warp Point
    2 Switch
    4 Potion
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Star Piece
    2 Strength Charm
    2 Town Volunteers

4 Boost Energy
    11 Psychic Energy

ok, something like that. i've trade a reg gardi for an EX one. up'd the draw trainers while downed the pokes. added another warp and another energy and took out a charm. still skeptical about wynaut, but not ruled it out yet, we'll see, and if so i'm tempted to do some wynauts and baby marrils (sorry forgot his name) rather than the wabba, but we'll see. anyway, thanks guys. still open for any comments either way.

10. Bigpoppabeatdown

no mikey, don't do it!!! don't you dare fall to the idiotic conception that grass can't hurt Gardy EX

here's a short list for you

JUMPLUFF (need i say anymore? well i will)
    Shiftry (holo hurts because you never have the psychic to attach a boost with)
    Shiftry (non holo is a beatstick with a grass and a boost for 120)
    shiftry line (seadot = 60, nuzleaf = 120)
    beadrill (i saw it played tonight)

now none of those mentioned are weak to psychic and can slaughter Gardy EX ( i got jumpluff and i slaughtered one tonight, and lost to one, only cuz he never had Gardy EX, he had the Blaziken line)

i know that you hate the concept of Ex's, as do i, so don't lower yourself to such a pathetic card.

if you're wanting a big hitter and want an ex, put in a mewtwo (please note the sarcasm)

well i don't think that wobbuffet/wynaut would help because of your overwhelming draw power already so just tweak it a little, but don't change the gardy line

AND MIKEY, IT'S AZURILL Mr. pokeprofessor jacket!!! HAHAHAHA

Last edited: Dec 10, 2003
  11. Ditto

Ditto Member

yeah, ok, so put the gardi's back to 3-1 (even playing through a couple time with things it just doesn't work out). still it needs to be faster, run smoother, i've added more draw and another energy so that i can get stuff faster and have the energy for it, but 2-2 wynaut-asurill to replace the linoone line kinda sounds like it's not too bad since it's easier to get basics rather than get evos quick. i don't know, i'm testing both forms right now, we'll see how it goes. i still think i'm leaving (and like) the other changes i made besides the gardi line change. i guess we'll see.

12. swanton1717

swanton1717 New Member

hey jermy

Anyway here in Missouri the big archetypes are not really huge. There are a few, but mainly rogue decks, and most of the rogue decks happen to be grass. SO its not like grass is not played at all.

But I think you should go 2-2 gardevoir/ex. I haven't really seen you use Linoone in any matches, so I think dropping it for a 2-2 Wobbuffet line would be good. Wobbuffet is needed.

Good job at the tourney btw.

~Colin

13. Bigpoppabeatdown

colin!!! what are you talking about???

i agree that grass is being played (cough cough I HAVE JUMPLUFF AND SHIFTRY DECKS, VENUSAUR! cough cough)

but how can u not see mikey play linoone, everytime i play him, he starts out with zigzagoon!!!

mikey, the only thing is, is that after you get out those basics, wynaut is useless, and wobb is only good against EX's.... with 3 for 50, he's too slow for the rogue's out there........ and with the new colorless weak archetypes emerging, continuous headbutt can be a brutal awakening

also, stick with 3-1, because i have seen you in a debacle too many times in which you need one more nrg to KO something. it works rather well too have that 3rd gardy

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.