gardevoir now?

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by WaRrIoR04, Dec 12, 2003.

8 league13 468 60
  1. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

i still play gardevoir in new mf but i was wondering what you guys think of it now that dragons is out? :psychic: :psychic: :psychic: :psychic:

GARDEVOIR PWNZ ALL

2. sneaselsrevenge

sneaselsrevenge New Member

[CHRISBO EDIT - No need to quote the post immediately above in most cases...]

IMO, the only card that made a difference to Gardevoir/EX decks is Muk EX(which can potentially OHKO it)

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 12, 2003
  3. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

Gardy is a strong deck but cant do good in the new metagame when EVERY deck plays wob or they have 0 energy (eggy discards it all) the deck just cant do well. Now with amphy out to hand out some more beats to gardy I cant consider it a strong contender without A LOT of luck

4. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

I still think Gardevoir/ex is one of the top decks in the game. If Wobuffet is all you have to counter Gard ex, then Gardevoir is almost always enough to counter it back and re-build.(And this deck rebuilds quickly) Maybe not the best deck because things like Blaze/Exeggutor can counter it so well.

5. Mew35

Mew35 Member

and Espeon ??

I Play her myself
    but with Espeon and that+s a great counter
    for the REx gardie

6. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

Monkeyman: Its easy to see that youve never experienced Gardy.. Gardy is unbeatable in the hands of a good player. I have a new deck that counters Gardy AND still beats all others, but know one i have ever met or heard of- uses it. Gardy is too insanely fast and if you run into a wob- a normal gardevoir needs one mere energy to OHKO it (if its a powered wob) and Amphy ex does nothing since Gardy ex decks run either Warp energy or switch (in some decks- BOTH!) I can go on and on- Gardy speaks for itself- dont challenge what works- dont underestimate what you may eventually play against or you may ultimately lose to it.

7. nikePK

nikePK New Member

PerfectOne, i'm sure he's played and played against Gardevoir, man.

I think its lost a little bit of power due to Dragons stuff. And sure, against ampy you have switch... nearly every deck does. Do you see nearly every deck beating Ampy? No. It powers in 3 energy, the power just obliterates Gardevoir, because you're taking 20 from your own power, 10 more from Ampy's every time u normally attach... the damage racks up heavily, which is also with Aggron ex takes out Gardy too, the bench damage just piles up, and Psyshadowing will eventually take yourself out.

Gardy is still a really good deck, but its not the best (imo, it never was). You can play Gardevoir though, its viable, as is a whole mess of other decks.

8. Perfect0ne

Perfect0ne New Member

I dont know what Gardevoir decks youve been playing, but I have never seen a Gardevoir deck NOT have a Gardevoir ex powered up by turn 3 unless it has a victim of denial. Im just gonna leave this topic and end my arguement by saying- suit yourself

9. Mew35

Mew35 Member

Okay

What do you guys think of a build up Lizard Poisen Sceptile with boost

poisend confused burn and i dont know what more
    My deck couldn´t beat the Sceptile deck but then
    I make my decks too good so I don´t understand them myself anymore

Here speaks a Gymleader from Holland

Just post A good deck with Gardevoir and Gardevoir Ex in it for me
    I like to win a tournament sometimes too againe since Magcarco Entei isn´t allowed anymore

Last edited: Dec 14, 2003
  10. sneaselsrevenge

Why would Gardy be scared of Amphy? If it's a classic Gardy deck, you've got Wobby and Oran Berry/Potion to make quick work of Amphy.

11. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

I actually like to play AMP EX against Gardevior because they lay down energy on all their pokemon, I do 10 to each everytime they do it, then follow it up with 70 or 40 with paralyziation.

12. sneaselsrevenge

Yeah, but guaranteed, 1 of my energies from Wobby was placed when it was a Wynaut. So Wobby takes 20 damage from Amphy's power. I play Oran Berry and thats gone. So I dont lay any more energy until Wobby takes out Amphy.

13. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Im with Monkeyman here. First of all, Monkeyman effectively developed the deck here on the boards, not saying he was for certain the first, but he definitely was one of the first to play and playtest the deck and was a strong supporter of it BEING the best deck before Dragons. To say he knows nothing about Gardevoir is laughable. Not only is he one of the top players left in the game, but he knows more about Gardevoir than most people do.

Id like to mention a few reasons why Amphy is so strong is because its quick, requires low NRG to fight, has absurd HP, and its got a PP that disrupts the opponent. On turn 3, Gardevoir is being less effective than Amphy is, and Gardy will run out of Switches quicker than you think. Amphy also has the EXP Amphy to pick up the slack and abuse Nurses. That alone WITHOUT Wobbs is effective. Toss in Wobs and things get ugly.

Gardevoir cannot compete with Blaziken ANYTHING basically, as anything Blaziken has a OHKO card that trades off with Gardevoir, and than your rebuild is just infinitely better and you swarm. Sceptile dominates it as well, between energy control, type advantage, and wobs. Gardevoir is not a BAD deck, but it is no longer on par with Blaziken like many thought it was before. Its lost its spot as a top tier deck IMO.

14. sneaselsrevenge

First off, from you're reply you're making it sound like evry Gardevoir deck is only the EX version. Any quality Gardevoir runs a 2-2 R/S & EX. And seeing how Gardy is the fastest deck IMHO, I believe if run correctly it can stop Blaziken in it's tracks.

15. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Gardevoir is not the fastest deck. TECHNICALLY you can say it is as it attacks turn 2, but against Blaziken can be stopped cold as you are getting MURDERED by an Exeggcutor turn 3 for 2 prizes than if the flips suck on eggy and you live, they have 0 nrg and your attack does crap anyways. Technically you get out a turn faster, you just still get crushed -_-

As for Sceptile, who says you need to attack ANYTHING to a Wob? You just sit it up there with 0 nrg. Store up more NRG on the bench and its a war of attrition. It depends from game to game, but you have type advantage vs Gardevoir EX and your able to OHKO a Gardevoir with Wobs just as easily as they can vice versa. Simply get 2 in play, make them KO your first and than KO their guy with your benched one. Technically you could get a 2nd Gardevoir out, but no offense, id gladly be trading my basics for your stage 2s, especially since the EX itself gets killed by this deck. Plus, the thing that makes Sceptile work is that if any one deck is giving it fits, you can focus more on techning vs it and win that way. It can be modified depending on the environment. That and Sceptile has a 25 % chance of OHKOing a normal Gardevoir as well. If you want, even run a Lizard Poison sceptile and tech a str charm. Deal 150 outright and win the game basically. You can control your handsize and energy in play, and you have tech to stop Gardevoirs main attacker. Sceptile goes 3-1 vs Gardevoir usually, occasionally falling to a quick Gardevoir or weak start itself.

Blaziken is MUCH more consistant, near 90-10 vs it. It IS that bad of match up for Gardevoir.

16. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Uhh wobbuffet would not stop the 10 damage. Sorry but the 10 damage is not an attack. Just like elekid's playful punch and how it was ruled.

Q. When I use Elekid's "Playful Punch", is it considered an attack? (Do I have to flip for my opponent's Agility or Baby Power?)
    A. No, you do not have to flip for those effects BUT it does take the place of your attack (as written on the card). (Jan 11, 2001 WotC Chat, Q42)

Then add in that I wouldn't keep Ampharos EX active when wobbuffet was active, and I would proberly send up Magneton and do 40 damage to you because Ampharos had 3 energy on it and Magneton needs one to attack and OHKO Wobbuffet.

Ampharos EX is good against gardevior because Gardevior cannot survive without energy so it lays alot, and Ampharos does alot of damage then.

17. Dro~

Dro~ New Member

I don't have much experience on gardevoir ex. How many turns does it usually take to ko a 150hp pokemon like ampharos ex?

18. WaRrIoR04

WaRrIoR04 New Member

thing is with gardy its so fast its almost unstoppable shadow to your wynaut twice then baby evo or shadow to gard ex then boost energy ouch lol to win with gardy you really need to get wynaut first turn tho that really helps by the way i play 3 or each gardy and im number two on pojos online league

19. MonkeyMan

MonkeyMan New Member

OoOoOoOoh #2 you must be good =p anyways after some serious testing I have to agree gardy is a pickle for amphy because gardy can get a energy advantage against amphy and like 3 wobs is just a really problem. I have to admit to jeremy he was right to a extent. That it is a bad match up but I dont think its awful, I think its like 60% Gardy, 40% Amphy. The only reason I like Amphy more still is that vs a random field it has a better shot vs blazi. Granted not a great one but a better one then Gardy and everyone plays blazi here.

BTW just get facts straight Perfect0ne, Im no crap player who goes to league playing swampert.dec. My record list is a lot better then yours tourney wise and just ask any decent player how good I am. I know my stuff.

Last edited: Dec 15, 2003
  20. GuardianTIM

GuardianTIM New Member

*brings out Nosepass after use a few turns to destroy my Fossils and fully charge GardEX*
    Repulsion...

(Failing that....)
    *brings out Meditite after GardEX destroys my 4 Claw fossils. Attaches Energy, then does Energy Switch.*
    Meditate....
    *Meditite gets knocked out*
    *Plays second Meditite and attaches Energy, then does Energy Switch*
    Meditate....
    yes, that will take a while to do, but how much energy have they used?

Quick Question:- Would it be possible to make a GardevoirEX deck using Gardy and have Fossils for fodder while you charge up GardEX? Would that work, or would it just be no point, because GardEX is so incredibly fast that the fossils would be just taking up room in your deck?