Georgia Marathon.......

GrandDaddy

:pokeball:The Second Annual - GEORGIA MARATHON With a Twist

Do you have what it takes to CATCH 'EM ALL....??? How many WINS
Does YOUR Decks Have....???

I Promised Last Year that the GEORGIA MARATHON Would be Bigger & Better. The
Players Just Had TOO MUCH FUN.......!!!Can YOU DO BATTLE TEN (10) DAYS
IN A ROW.....????
Bring It On and We will Fire It Up....!!!!

We will begin on the Outskirts of Savannah in Pooler, Ga. on December 26th. December
27th We will Do Battle in Statesboro, Ga. Then South of Atlanta....Newnan will be on the
28th and Franklin on the 29th.

Then Greg Wyman Will Take Over and Do Battle Around ATLANTA December
30th Will be in Kennesaw, Ga...December 31st Will Be in Lawrenceville, Ga....and
January 1st Will Be in Marietta, Ga.

Then the Twist....We Will Go to Alabama for 2 Cities. I Will Run One in Athens, Al.
on January 2nd and One in Birmingham on January 3rd.

Then Back to GEORGIA and on January 4th Craig and Jennifer Abley Will Do Battle
in Douglasville, Ga.......THAT WILL BE 10 IN A ROW....!!!

The Florida Players have already said They Were Coming Up. I Know Some of the
Tennessee Players especially around the Chattanooga Area Will Be There. Georgia
Will Have a Good Presents At All of The Battles. How many from Alabama...?? What
About Mississippi and Louisiana...??? North & South Carolina....??? Or Even Farther
Out...???

Mortgage the Farm if you have too....Where Else Can You Do Pokemon Battles 10
DAYS IN A ROW...... While the Kids are out of School.....???
Twice as Many Days
as Nationals.

Look At All the Premier Ranking Points You Can Pick Up....!!!! This Is Going to Be
a BLAST.......!!!! Don't Miss Out on the Pokemon Event of the Holidays....Great FUN,
FELLOWSHIP, AND POKEMON BATTLES.....!!!!

Check Go-Pokemon.com for all the Venue Locations and Details.

See You Guys and Gals on the "Pokemon Trail",

GrandDaddy

Last edited:
Sounds like a blast. Not sure we can make all 10 though. Maybe I can afford it if I leave the kids at home.....well guess that won't work. Looking forward to the fun!!

I know some players from Memphis and Nashville who will be making the run into Georgia again to win some more shiney baubles...not sure which ones we are hitting yet.

Taylor and I are also planning on hitting Athens Alabama on our way to run the NASHVILLE CITY on January 4th.

See ya there!!

I wish I was going to be in the GA area for this, but i'll be back home in Delaware. I'll be "running the gauntlet" for the DelMarVa area, and putting my "Once and Future Kings" deck to the test; it's actually pretty nasty in play testing but that was pre-Stormfront. Maybe in the future once my Pokemon League in Savannah picks up, Savannah could have their own tournaments. Of course, that'll probably not be until next summer/fall but it gives me something to look forward to.

P.S.: If anyone in here wants to attend a Pokemon League in the Savannah, Ga area, give a look here http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?t=84999&highlight=League+Unboxed

Guess, I will just have to ask Santa for travel money! :wink: Hope to make a few of these! Look what you have done to us! :clap: GO Georgia!!

Dear Santa,

What I want for Christmas is to go to Georgia for a week and play pokemon and see people.

~Sam

WOW...These Pokemon Players don't need a fire lit under them....They are Ready to Blast Off...!!!

We in GEORGIA Look Forward to Hosting and Playing in These Events.

Thanks for the post Jim....It will be good to see You, Carson and Grafton at as many events as you
can make. You Guys are Always Good Competition.

Sorry you can't make these Events Pokemon Trainer Mikko....Keep Up the Good Work in Savannah.

Prof Clay and Taylor....I know you guys Will Bring a Van Full of Competition.

BDS.....Thanks a Ton for Your Support.....!!!!

MawMaw0405 and Kristi.....I Can't Think of a Better Christmas Present Than to Come To
GEORGIA to Play Pokemon and Get Some Premier Ranking Points....!!!! See You During
the Holidays.

I Don't Really Want to Start Anything......But....The GEORGIA Players Were Pretty Much
Shut Out at the 4 Events Last Year. So....Our Players are Getting Ready with lots of New
Combos from the last 2 sets. Craig, Jenny, Paarth, Khi, Vic, Charles, Caityn, Greg, John,
Justin, Grant, Tymon, Lindsay, Peter Griffin, Nick, Keegan, Zach and Others that I can't
think of right now Are Getting Ready for the Invasion. No Easy Points This Year.....I
Hope....LOL...

Florida Did Really Well Last Year and Picked up Tons of Points......Except for when
Tennessee Shut Them out of Top 4 in Warner Robins........I didn't want to post this
but the Devil Made Me Do it......LOL....

Professor Clay played Well last year and Taylor and Kyle won Everything they sat
Down To....

It's Really Going to Be Interesting This Year...!! I'm Sure there are New Players
Every Where But Some New Ones to be Reckoned With are from the Chattanooga
area that didn't even Play Pokemon Last Year....Brandon, Ken, Nita, Noah, T.J.,
Colt, and Alex are Players that Play Very Well. Maybe Even LawMan, Alex, T.J.
Claypoole and others Will Come to a Few From the Knoxville Area....???

If You Want to Have FUN.....Play Pokemon Every Day...and Pick up Some Premier
Ranking Points....Just Come to GEORGIA For the Holidays.....!!!

I Wasn't Really Trying to Start any Smack Talking or Anything....We just Want to
Be a Good Host and HAVE FUN......!!!!

See You Guys & Gals on the "Pokemon Trail",

GrandDaddy

Awww, Gary,.....you had to call me out, eh? Who knows when I may venture down south. I never get to play, I may break the format and come down with a rogue deck to take it all.

Btw.....Cleveland's CC will be on Dec 20th. Sevierville's CC will be Jan 10th. So.......a warmup to the GA marathon the weekend before? Come on up. Dicehead games in the Bradley Sq Mall has relocated within the Mall and is in a bigger and better (and quieter LOL) locale.

Keith

I'll be there Gary- along with Steve, Aaron and Dakota Williams ( all he has done is win 2
br's in Florida and t-4 in 2 others). For at least 5 of your events!!

We WILL be a factor at these events - and you all know this ;)

Paarth, 165something. Can't wait to take your points! Same for my least favorite Ga. player victor. And one of my favorites, Peter Griffen, with the coolest name in Pokemon!!

See you guys at the table next month. Bring your " A " game.

You'll need it !

I'll be there Gary- along with Steve, Aaron and Dakota Williams ( all he has done is win 2
br's in Florida and t-4 in 2 others). For at least 5 of your events!!

We WILL be a factor at these events - and you all know this ;)

Paarth, 165something. Can't wait to take your points! Same for my least favorite Ga. player victor. And one of my favorites, Peter Griffen, with the coolest name in Pokemon!!

See you guys at the table next month. Bring your " A " game.

You'll need it !

Rock, Paper, Scissors........BWAHAHAHAHAHA....I may get both Silvestros in a REAL tourney w/ Lawman's Wager???? Yeah baby!

Keith

Rock, Paper, Scissors........BWAHAHAHAHAHA....I may get both Silvestros in a REAL tourney w/ Lawman's Wager???? Yeah baby!

Keith

If you play that card against me, I'm not even going to bother. Just going to draw my
3 cards and hope I have a claydol out.

Keith is THAT good at rps. Seriously!

It will be GREAT to See You Guys....

Rogue Deck......?? We haven't thought of That....???...LOL..
Keith I had already pointed those dates in Tennessee out to Greg Wyman and Khi...We
will try to be there.

John, All the Florida Players always have there "A" game. Especially You....The Old
Man that has won back to back Trips to Worlds.....!!! The rest of us have "A" games
to....When we sit down...Then they sometimes deteriate to "B or C"....These Events
are going to be a Blast.

Oh yeah John, Sorry about the Red Sox....They went a lot farther than my Braves.

See Everyone Next Month.....

GrandDaddy

Muk Man is offically the best player in Alabama!!! so on the 1st and 2nd let be ready

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

i guess i can make that run on the 4th as well!!!

Last edited:
Gary this sounds like a BLAST!! Wish we were a bit closer (but, hey, gas is getting cheaper again........) :biggrin:

Dang, once again Gary, my wife and I won't be able to make it. We are going on a 2 week vacation to South Jersey to visit my family for Christmas. Seems like it has been forever since we have seen you.

Z

Back