Getting Back Into The Game

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by Ziggy, Mar 16, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ziggy

Ziggy New Member

Hi everyone! I just got back into Pokemon TCG, after getting out around Gym Challenge, and am anxiously awaiting making a deck to compete with. The problem is, I do not know much about any new cards, such as what is powerful in conjunction with other cards, etc. I have been looking at scans of cards, but just can't think of a valid decktype. If possible, I would love to do an all-water deck, especiall a Team Aqua deck. (I just bought the Team Aqua Precon) Anybody have some suggestions?

2. SuperWooper

SuperWooper New Member

Hey, Ziggy! Great to see you got smart and joined us once again! Right now, the best straight water deck is probably Kingdra EX, but in two sets, Blastoise EX will be released, having a great attack for only four energy and the old Rain Dance power, but with a slight penalty on attaching energy. 10 per energy. Because you bought the Team Aqua PreCon, I would suggest combining Blastoise EX and Team Aqua's Walrein together to do massive damage. Milotic is released next set, it will help heal pokemon after you rain dance onto them. Read my thread in this section: REIGN of the WALREIGN! to get some ideas for the Stoise/Rein deck.

Wooper out

3. NoPoke

NoPoke New Member

current format is

SPEED SPEED SPEED

energy recursion

single kit KO.

(Blaziken EX adds in the ability to single hit KO the bench too)

The fastest deck sets up on turn two to deal 60 damage. The current top deck (Blaziken Rayquaza Ampharos/Magnemite) sets up by turn three and takes a prize every turn from then on if you let it.

4. nikePK

nikePK New Member

Yeah, Try out an Aqua's Walrein deck, that might work for you. If you do play it, you definitely need to make sure and include a few (2 or 3) Crystal Shards in there for Rayquazza protection. Other good water.... yeah Kingdra/Kingdra ex is pretty good, so maybe you could combine the two together? I dunno, but you coucld try it. I suggest adding in 1 or 2 Meditite to backup your weakness also. Just experiment, make sure you get in a few games against some of the big decks, and see how it does.

5. Dark Sneasel

Dark Sneasel New Member

actualy fastest deck can do 60 turn 1, but whose counting

6. plaidlesspez

plaidlesspez New Member

NoPoke, how is that the best deck? I don't see how it could get set up on turn two.

Back to the topic, Walrein is a good card. Maybe you could use him with Swampert (RS Holo) which lets you put an extra water energy on your active every turn.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.