Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Glaceon X

PokemansForGeeks

After CC's yesterday, it got me thinking that we are currently in a metagame riddled with pokepowers. I immediately thought of Glaceon X as a sort of pseudo-counter to all the Claydols, Bronzongs, Dusknoirs etc that are running rampant. Running Glace X would greatly impede the setup of soooo many decks right now that it's ridiculous, but is the card actually playable? Anyone have any ideas besides a straight Glaceon/eeveelutions deck? Lmk your thoughts guys.

Glaceon X/Empoleon might work, if you can flip heads on Avalanche. That could get some good spread damage going.

Last edited:
Glaceon could be good at this metagame, if it hadn't such extremely low HP. Is there any other stage 1 Lv.X card that has only 100?

Espeon can't be there every match, because you need other Pokémon or your opponent could be playing Dusknoir DP.

Glaceon LV.X won't work at this moment because of few reasons.
First, as mentioned it has too few HP to be played.
Second, it's too slow because it's a stage 1 LV.X. Your opponent has already used his Uxies and other powers to set-up when you get the Glaceon going.
Third, it's too vulnerable to cards like Cyclone Energy or Warp Point. There is only few ways to stop powers and destroy your opponent's hand at the same time and none of them is efficient enough. 70 for 3 energies is also bad.

I'd actually been thinking of a Glaceon/Bibarel deck to use at cities.

It's good, only thing it works with is Glaceon/Leafeon for quick energys.
Glaceon with mespirit for constant lock.
But waaay too slow, I've played it, it's great, warp kills it but its too slow. Once one dies and You dont have one on your bench, good game, you lose. :(

I actually had the same thoughts after my first CC. I built a really fast and consistent Glaceon lv.x deck, using mesprit to lock even faster, and it STILL wasn't good enough. I ran Espy and unown e to bring Glaces HP up to 130, but in the end it was the fact that Glaceons relitivly low damage out put just wasn't enough to beat the large majority of decks out there.

I have wanted to play Glaceon for quite some time as well, i have been planning on working on a build for sometime now, but according to all of you it just doesn't work, i guess i will have to find a way.

Anyone want to tell me "how it just doesn't work" and it's bad matchups?

glaceon level X's pokebody would be usable, almost perfect, if it wasn't that it had to be the active pokemon. If glaceon could sit on the bench with it's 100 hp and block out all pokepowers, then it might become playable.
avalanche isn't terrible, but for 3 energies? come on, pokemon producer people. ><"
Leafeon was given better attacks.
anyway, yep, it's....too slow. If you run a 4-3-1 line and got it out quickly, then good for you. but if not, then it doesn't work.
snow cloak is kind of nice, but it's like a stage 2 pokemon w/out the luxury of rare candy.

I actually had the same thoughts after my first CC. I built a really fast and consistent Glaceon lv.x deck, using mesprit to lock even faster, and it STILL wasn't good enough. I ran Espy and unown e to bring Glaces HP up to 130, but in the end it was the fact that Glaceons relitivly low damage out put just wasn't enough to beat the large majority of decks out there.

Silly goose, that idea was posted on team hatter AGES ago!

I'd actually been thinking of a Glaceon/Bibarel deck to use at cities.

Don't do it. Tried it and it was AWEFUL (not in a tournament... which would've been worse!)

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

Glaceon LV.X won't work at this moment because of few reasons.
First, as mentioned it has too few HP to be played.
Second, it's too slow because it's a stage 1 LV.X. Your opponent has already used his Uxies and other powers to set-up when you get the Glaceon going.
Third, it's too vulnerable to cards like Cyclone Energy or Warp Point. There is only few ways to stop powers and destroy your opponent's hand at the same time and none of them is efficient enough. 70 for 3 energies is also bad.

Glaceon candied on T1 and then leveled up on T2 hurts the oppoenent.
My daughter ran Glaceon and my power being locked hurts. You don't just drop Uxie ONCE and call yourself set up .. lol (you know that... )

You need to KEEP dropping uxies and using powers to BUILD. Glaceon forces you to fall back on supporter/trainers to get what you need.

So.. it CAN help, but it cannot be your only strategy.
It's sorta like using Absol start. You'd BETTER have the firepower in a few turns when Absol is used up!

Last edited:
its a lot easier to get around glaceon x then most people think.
warp point-staple in every deck
palkia x-growing in popularity because of gigas.

Back