Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Glad I had Reserved Wii on launch

Bullet

Glad I had got it last November, it seems the Wii is such an hot item in the last year that it practically cannot be found anywhere, most people is selling them online and ebay is getting near $700 for one, I recall paying only $250 for the system.

I went to Sam's a couple weeks ago, they put out Wii's in the Front part on a table alongside some 360's, by the time I walked from the back of the store to the front, they were gone LOL I see people walking around the store with Wii's in hand, it was quite halarious since I dont even think people was waiting for it to happen, could be wrong.

I am just glad I was there from launch or else I still be trying to get one.

i was sopposed to get one last christmas as a present. but we couldnt find one.
7 months and 1 million calls to target/best but/shopko/kmart/gamestop/walmart/everyother department stores later and i finaly got my chirstmas present.

I camped out in front of a Best Buy last December to get one. It was only in the 20s so I figured what the heck.

I remember camping outside of walmart....got there 2 days early. I was making sure to get it. :D That was a great weekend.

Got mine at launch, was outside in 14F weather for 6h40. We were totally first in line.

And I would do it again in a heartbeat. The 11 of us that were there before 1am were partying it up, and we totally unplugged the Wal-mart pop machines to plug in a space heater.

Ah, the memories....

Got mine at launch, was outside in 14F weather for 6h40. We were totally first in line.

And I would do it again in a heartbeat. The 11 of us that were there before 1am were partying it up, and we totally unplugged the Wal-mart pop machines to plug in a space heater.

Ah, the memories....
I did the same thing, except it was slightly warmer and there were fewer of us at the start.

The guy behind us actually treated everyone in line to some Starbucks coffee. ^^

That was one of the coolest nights ever.

On a side note, I've literally never seen a Wii on store shelves.

I had it better.

Midnight launch at gamestop inside a mall, warm and cozy, as if Mississippi ever gets cold anyway.

My stepdad went out and stood in line at a Target for 5 hours to get mine. One of the few nice things he has ever done for me in about 13 years. Still don't understand why he did it and I probably never will, but there you go. This was 2 weeks after launch.

i <3 my Wii.

I ended up getting mine late January. I had only been waiting about a month to find one. I had to build up some funds for the purchase. I gotta be honest with you, I never thought the Wii was going to be so successful like this! My uncle was looking for one, he saw a K-Mart ad in the paper saying they had some. He called me up in the morning to tell me. He said he tried to buy one for me in case they ran out, but they would only sell him one! So I went a couple hours later after church, and I got the last one! No lines or anything! :biggrin:... Now I had like $0.06 in my wallet!!! >_<

There was this one period where Wii's were not so rare. This was after the initial rush. Every week I would go to the mall for Pokeman League, and I would see some stores that sell games with either a sign that said "Sorry, no Wiis in stock", "Wii in stock now!" So there was a less hot moment around here. I could have easily picked one up each week and ended up with five. But that is kind of dumb how people do that scalping stuff, so no.

Yeah, last time I checked, I could sell my used Wii for over $300! It is tempting, but I like it too much! I probably wouldn't be able to find another. The thing that has puzzled me is the value of Wii Sports on eBay... People will pay $25-40 last time I checked that! I guess we have a lot of people loosing/breaking their disks or something?

Anyway, I'm glad to see Nintendo pwning Sony for the second time after the PSP incident (despite my much love towards the PSP). It seems like they are even doing better that Microsoft in the home video game department.

Got mine the day it came out. About 5h in the cold, and was 43ish in line if I remember right.

Got a second one about four weeks ago. Sold it for about US$400 on eBay. It could have sold for more, but I'm glad in a sense someone else didn't have to pay tons more for it, and I made a nice amount of money to spend on others for Christmas.

Wow, I must have been really lucky. around August time, when I had accumulated enough money, I went into the store, got the Wii, and was out in about 5 minutes. And this was around the midday too.

i also camped out for mine.
3 days i slept in the cold. but luckly other pokemon professors where also there so i wasent completely bored.

but having one first day was nice.

~Professor Rob Larrabee~

I got mine at the Pokemon Battle Revolution Tournament they had 14 in stock and I got 1 I should have gotten 2 ...

I ended up getting mine late January. I had only been waiting about a month to find one. I had to build up some funds for the purchase. I gotta be honest with you, I never thought the Wii was going to be so successful like this! My uncle was looking for one, he saw a K-Mart ad in the paper saying they had some. He called me up in the morning to tell me. He said he tried to buy one for me in case they ran out, but they would only sell him one! So I went a couple hours later after church, and I got the last one! No lines or anything! :biggrin:... Now I had like $0.06 in my wallet!!! >_<

There was this one period where Wii's were not so rare. This was after the initial rush. Every week I would go to the mall for Pokeman League, and I would see some stores that sell games with either a sign that said "Sorry, no Wiis in stock", "Wii in stock now!" So there was a less hot moment around here. I could have easily picked one up each week and ended up with five. But that is kind of dumb how people do that scalping stuff, so no.

Yeah, last time I checked, I could sell my used Wii for over $300! It is tempting, but I like it too much! I probably wouldn't be able to find another. The thing that has puzzled me is the value of Wii Sports on eBay... People will pay $25-40 last time I checked that! I guess we have a lot of people loosing/breaking their disks or something?

Anyway, I'm glad to see Nintendo pwning Sony for the second time after the PSP incident (despite my much love towards the PSP). It seems like they are even doing better that Microsoft in the home video game department.

if I heard the sale numbers right, unless I am confusing it with something else, the Wii had sold more units in November then what PS3 and 360 had all year.

I think the Wii is making up for its not so stellar gamecube and half arse N64 product.

you can get a new, unopened wii on ebay for about $300 shipped. that isnt bad considering the tax added on to retail store's $249.99

I went over on release day And neverrealized you needed a number so I stood outside with everyone else for around 30 minutes until one finally asked if anyone gave me a number and I said "no why do I need one?" He replied yes, if you don't have a number already you will not get one..... So I went home kinda depressed thinking i wouldn't get one for my son's x-mas present and I thought maybe I wouls buy a controller or 2 for when I can get the system about 2 days later and when i got to the store I asked when they would get more in and the lady told me they got 12 more in that morning! So luckily I went to check or I would have been one of those without for the holiday.

Kinda sucks though as we have the xbox ,360 and 360 elite systems and my son prefers to play them rather than his wii now and it has been sitting unused for aorund 4 months now.....

I went over on release day And neverrealized you needed a number so I stood outside with everyone else for around 30 minutes until one finally asked if anyone gave me a number and I said "no why do I need one?" He replied yes, if you don't have a number already you will not get one..... So I went home kinda depressed thinking i wouldn't get one for my son's x-mas present and I thought maybe I wouls buy a controller or 2 for when I can get the system about 2 days later and when i got to the store I asked when they would get more in and the lady told me they got 12 more in that morning! So luckily I went to check or I would have been one of those without for the holiday.

Kinda sucks though as we have the xbox ,360 and 360 elite systems and my son prefers to play them rather than his wii now and it has been sitting unused for aorund 4 months now.....

Sounds like one of those stupid Toys R Us things they do and it serves no point actually.

I had to go through that for the gamecube the day it came out and Toys R Us did that, come time for actually buying it at the register I dont think anyone needed the number to start with.

Back