gothum DP-ON

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by goldedda, Jun 17, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. goldedda

goldedda New Member

this is a deck that counter a lot of good decks for next season so here it is, but still needs work, the nergys line is my most concern.

pokemon 21
    4-4 mothim SW
    2-2 gyarados
    2-2 claydol
    2-2 raichu MD
    3 unown p

Supporter/trainer/tool/stadium 17

3 felicitys drawing
    4 quick ball
    4 bebes search
    1 night maintence
    1 rival
    2 rosannes research
    2 warp point

Energy 20
    3 call
    5 lighting
    12 grass

but still some matchups with proxy cards for next season

gothum vs. luxray 50:50%
    even game kills most of my gyaraods but can counter back with speed mothims.

gothum vs. kindra
    see a water type card in a deck at the begging going to set up raichu tio kill raichu gone mothim for the kill.

str: put on mothim or gyarados, use dragon dna or the 2. attck of mothim to kill, and raichu for stall and kill empo.

Last edited: Jun 17, 2008
  2. zthunderz2

zthunderz2 New Member

what is the strategy

3. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

3 Unown P seems like overkill. You probably are only putting one damage counter at a time on a pokemon, thus 2 is good enough to ensure not prized.
    Rival is... An... Amazingly unreliable draw card. It's good for gaining card advantage, yes. That's a bad thing with Claydol, whom functions best with low amount of cards in your hand.

That's... 2 spaces of freedom. Find a third, and you're good to go with Pachirisu, who ensures you've got the right basics when you need them and combos beautifully with Burmy. Failing that, you can add in 2 more Roseanne's Researches to try and get more basics out. It really is too bad you can't mentor, but you'll be able to make due, I guess.

10 Grass should be good. That ought to give you space for 2 more cards. That can be the extra two Roseanne's if you didn't add them in earlier. Failing this, Professor Rowan for Shuffle/Draw abilities could be useful.

Since this IS DP+, I'll take the time to mention DP5 trainers that ought to be considered. I can't say how effective they WILL be, but I can guess that all of them have uses that'll come in handy.
    Energy Patch
    Poke-Radar (over Quick Ball?)
    Snowpoint Temple (your pokemon as basics have such awful HP that anything can KO them in two hits. This saves them from Empoleon snipe and the like)

4. goldedda

goldedda New Member

THX really apreciate:thumb:

5. Hatter™

Hatter™ Active Member

its called Moth Ballz :(

6. Prize_Card

Prize_Card New Member

^lol hatter this deck runs 20 energy waaaayyy to much

7. yoyofsho16

yoyofsho16 New Member

What about Psychic decks like AMU and Mewtwo? Where's that counter?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.