Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Gotta Spot 'Em All: Translation Mistakes on Pokemon Episodes

OK, I think we should have a little fun with this one. We all know that there are some dumb translation mistakes in Pokemon, but what do you all say that we list them, episode by episode.

Start out with the Episode # or Name, and list the mistakes you find. Then we'll all have a list so we can all find them. Oh, the movies count too, but I recommend you use the DVD Scene Selections for the dividing points.

Lets have some fun with this.

"Mushroom" attack, they kept the spirit of the joke, not the actual wording, not sure what episode that was, tho...

I'm also never sure what attack Pikachu is using, b/c T-Shock, T-Bolt, and Thunder all look alike. Could somebody please explain the difference to me? As far as I know, there's only been 2 episodes where Pikachu has actually used Thunder, the 1st ep, and the one with Scyther and Electabuzz.

"I'm also never sure what attack Pikachu is using, b/c T-Shock, T-Bolt, and Thunder all look alike. Could somebody please explain the difference to me? "

I'm guessing it has to do withe the energy output level of the attack, which might not be readily apparent upon inspection.

Joshman said:
It makes me cry every time I watch Pokemon the First Movie and they call Pidgeot, Pidgeotto :(.
Same. I remember counting atleast 3 obvious name mistakes in that movie. 1 was when Team Rocket was seeing the cloned Pokemon on that screen.

It's Alakazam!
No, it's actually Scyther.
Hehehe...

In episode ??? title??? (can't remember though)
Ash goes to Azelea Gym...

Chikorita uses 'Sweet Smeel'.
It should be 'Sweet Scent'.
Smell = Scent.
That's hard to differentiate.

Round 1 - BEGIN!

The Astounding Mandy throws out those Pokeballs, Pidgey fly, and Meowth says, "I like those Pidgeotto."

Grr.... Pidgey/Pidgeotto/Pidgeot errors really get to me... They are SO SO obvious!

It's not in the tv show, but on the Collector's Edition poster of Pokemon Stadium 2, they switched the pictures of Mankey/Primeape and Pidgeotto/Pidgeot.

It used to seem traditional for mis-names (that a word?) to appear in movies. My memory is foggy, but wasn't it the Third Movie's Pikachu short-movie where Togepi got lost down that hole? When the gang arrived in the pool area, the Poliwhirls kept calling themselves "Poliwrath"s.

Last edited:
in response to the post about pika useing thunder (im not reporting a mistake here)

anyway, pikachu uses thunder against loadsa growlithe aswell at the police academy place.

Back