Grape Ape

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by MrMeches, Jun 19, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

Here is another deck for the masses..

Grape Ape!

Pokemon 16

3 Slakoth
    2 Vigoroth
    3 Slaking PK

2 Bronzor
    2 Bronzong

2 Baltoy
    2 Claydol

Trainers 26

4 Professor Oak's Visit
    2 Wager
    2 Steven's Advice
    4 Celio's
    2 Roseanne's
    2 Castaway
    2 Strength Charm
    3 Rare Candy
    2 Windstorm
    2 Night Maintenance
    1 Warp Point

Energy 18

4 Holon WP
    3 DRE
    7 Psychic
    4 Call Energy

So Slaking can do some big damage but it takes a bit to power him up! If you leave the big beast active, oyur opponent can't use the powers do to Slaking'sBody! Get a WP on him and then aPsychic and suddenly the big nasty can move freely about the cabin!! Bronzong is an obivous choice as wel as Banette if you decide to go tha direction.. I went with Zong for the Body and the spread if they decide to retreat!

So there you go.. another wacky deck!!

Prof. Fish

2. typo

typo New Member

That deck is O.K.
    it needs more pokemon

3. charchar

charchar New Member

no it doesnt. a deck with 7 pokemon in total won 2 battle roads. i just dont like the slaking that much. boost?

4. reptilemaster

reptilemaster New Member

Which 7 pokemon were they?

5. mrdraz07

mrdraz07 New Member

IDK why you picked Bronzong...or why you also recommend Banette...and there's no way to get your energy back after you discard it other than your 2 Night Maintenance which I'm sure you don't want to use to get energy back.

6. typo

typo New Member

All I'm saying that I would never use 7 pokemon:eek:

7. LegendaryLugia

LegendaryLugia New Member

Okay typo, I played a deck with 4 basics and 4 of the evolutions that won the states. There's nothing wrong with playing 7 pokemon and a lot of T2 decks play 4 basics.

You come up with the wackiest ideas Mr Meches! Odd thing is, they work! Unfortunately, not this one. The card states "If the Pokemon that Holon Energy WP is attached to also has a basic W Energy card attached to it, prevent all effects, excluding damage, done to that Pokemon by your opponent's Pokemon. So it wouldn't work. And neither would Unown G - they put errata on that card.

8. Curry

Curry New Member

The point of the WP is to give free retreat... but you need something to get energy back onto your kings. Blaze and typhlo come to mind

9. MrMeches

MrMeches New Member

I considered going wiht 3 NIght Maintenance to help cycle the Psychic faster.. also Ston'es Came to mind, but the space is tight!

WP is for Free Retreat as Waliken said....

Actually Waliken I guess I could opt out the Bronzong and go with a 2-1-2 Tyhplosion line. Takethe Energy to 3 WP, 3 Psychic, 4 Call, and the rest Fire.. not a bad idea!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.