Grass'o'matic - Draggy ex

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by metagross, Mar 4, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. metagross

metagross New Member

Pokémon 21:
    4 Pachi
    3-2-3 Dragonite ex d
    2-2 Claydol
    2-1-2 Sceptile GE

Energies 13:
    13 Grass Energy

Trainers 26:
    4 Super Scoop Up
    4 Rare Candy
    4 Bebe's Search
    4 Felicity's Drawing
    3 Rosseane's Research
    3 Steven's Advice
    2 Warp Point
    2 Night Maintenance

Stratgy: Swarm with Dragonite ex d and when damaged Super Scoop Up it away (works wonders after against Gallade who can OHKO your first Draggy but has to 3HKO the 2 remaining. Getting a quick Draggy can really disrupt opponent's setup especially when they rely on Rare Candy or Fishing Engine. Sceptile is here to make Draggy's attack cost G or GG respectively. I heard 8 damage counters that can be split for GG is good.

I need some help on the Trainers though, been out of the loop for too long.

2. Ra2xse

Ra2xse New Member

Gallade 2HKO your Draggy ex's and Cresselia takes 3 Prizes from them... This isn't a GG counter but still a quite good deck.

3. Heatherdu

Heatherdu New Member

You definitely need some Windstorm in case they tech in Unown G which can prevent the damage counters and cannot be discarded by Pachi.

4. metagross

metagross New Member

Why would I leave Draggy ex with 50 or less HP remaining active when I see cresselia with 2 energies on my opponent's bench?
    Windstorms are a good idea... guess it could be used for the occasional cessation crystal as well.

5. metagross

metagross New Member

Suggestions, anyone?

6. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

You could try 1 more Celebi for -1 Pachirisu.

7. empoleonperson

empoleonperson Active Member

add battle frontier so when they use delcatty use deafen and they cant remove it or crystal beach. My proffesor used that deck before thats why.

8. piline

piline New Member

9. Darkwalker

Darkwalker New Member

I've been using a Dragy Ex/Sceptile deck for quite a while now. When I inserted Claydol it went in for a complete overhaul and has been working rather nicely since then. The main differences I have seen between mine and yours are I play no Pachirisu and I include a 3rd Treeko and the POP4 Sceptile to move energy around. I also have a couple other techs in the deck that I feel make a huge difference. I use 2 Unown G to help protect your Dragonite Ex from Gallade (and quite a bit of other things as well) and I included Celebi* to stall and snipe. The major overhaul I mentioned above was the entire trainer line. Since I added Claydol I decided to use the Fishing engine with 4 Bebe's as the only supporter in the entire deck (to limit Gardevoir). I'll post my list below, even though I'm still tempted to use it for Regionals.

3-2-3 Dragonite Ex d (DF)
    3-1-2/1 Sceptile (GE)/(POP4)
    2 -2 Claydol (GE)
    2 Unown G (GE)
    1 Celebi* (CG)

4 Bebe's Search
    4 Rare Candy
    2 Great Ball
    3 Master Ball
    4 Pokedex
    2 Night Maintenance
    2 Super Scoop Up
    3 Energy Removal 2
    2 Crystal Beach
    1 Windstorm

11 Grass Energy

There are a few minor changes I would like to make myself in this (more Crystal Beach! possibly adding in TGW) this deck is running pretty smoothly and it's a lot quicker than it looks. It also doesn't seem to have a huge problem with Magmortar, which I found odd for a grass deck.

10. burnpsy

burnpsy New Member

really, they look good enough to me :lol:

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.