Green Touched by Darkness

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by sixquack, Sep 5, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. sixquack

sixquack New Member

This deck is pretty close to what I played at Origins. It was a tad sluggish, but did manage to win 2 games... one game my opponent only got one basic pokemon out and I managed a third turn Knock Out. In the other went to time and I managed to get a Knock on the Last turn to draw one more prize to break the tie.

My daughter took the Wurmple to Beautifly path, so I took the Wurmple to Dustox path. Most of our cards are from Diamond and Pearl (DP).

4x Wurmple
    3x Cascoon
    2x Dustox

2x Seedot
    2x Nuzleaf (CG)
    1x Nuzleaf (DP)
    1x Shiftry
    I was very pleased with Shiftry. With the special dark energy his attack was pretty solid. If I can get another copy of Shiftry, I will work him into the deck.

4x Carnivine
    4x Heracross

I don't know how good Carnivine and Heracross are... although they require 2 energy to do their better attack, I thought the ability to do 60 damage is pretty good for a basic pokemon. They both have good HPs as well. However, I have not found and evolved for them, so I don't know if that is too limiting.

1x Sabeleye (CG)

2x Azurill
    Azurill was handy early game to keep re-using a trainer.

4x TV Reporter (replaced the Speed Stadium)
    4x Energy Search
    1x Master Ball
    2x Buffer Piece
    2x Warp Point
    2x Switch
    2x Potion

4x Dark Energy Special (a gift from another player. a very kind person. thanks!)
    2x Dark Energy
    1x Double Rainbow Energy
    10x Grass Energy

Thanks in advance for suggestions.

2. Zeckmear

Zeckmear New Member

Wow, too many pokemon, not enough trainers. Need more room for dark or cards that provide dark.

3. empoleonperson

empoleonperson Active Member

there are some probelms like you should take out the potions and add in stevens for draw or something
    put in some castaways and celios network if you have any 4 castaways energy search 4 grass for 4 celios can get energy's with castaways
    but good luck to both you and you're daughter on this deck Good luck

4. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

Try getting your hands on some Celio's Networks, Holon Mentors, Castaways, and Steven's Advices. They're all very useful supporters which will increase the deck's speed much more than energy search will. Personally, I do kind of like Carnivine, but Heracross just isn't a very reliable card. There's no reason to play 3 Nuzleaf, especially when DP Nuzleaf doesn't exist, heh.

Another card that will significantly help you is rare candy. Skipping from a basic to a stage 2 can help more than anything else in a lot of situations. It also lets you play evolution lines with more basics and stage 2 pokemon than stage 1 pokemon, like having 3 wurmples, 2 cascoons, and 3 dustox instead of a 4-3-2 line like you have.

5. sixquack

sixquack New Member

Well I will have to find the card draw cards mentioned.

I thought the Potions made the Carnivines more effective. Are potions considered weak cards overall?

Thanks.

6. Black Mamba

Black Mamba New Member

Potions generally aren't used in competitive decks, because most decks these days are doing such large amounts of damage every turn that removing 20 usually doesn't matter. Besides, carnivine's first (I think? the one that can do 60) attack is best used early in the game, to take out basic pokemon with 50-60 hp. It's also useful to finish off bigger pokemon, but most of the time a fresh carnivine is better for the job, and since you are playing 4, getting another one out shouldn't be a very big problem.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.