Guitar Hero III (WII)

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by toxictaipan, Dec 18, 2007.

8 league13 468 60
  1. toxictaipan

toxictaipan New Member

Does any one know what the Expansion Port on the Guitar is for:confused:? I just cant figure it out.:mad:

2. Chrisbo

Chrisbo Administrator

To the best of my knowledge, they have not announced what it is for yet. Speculations & rumors think it might be for a foot pedal accessory or something like that.

Does anyone know if the PS2, PS3, or XBOX guitars have the expansion port on them?

Rock on,
    - CHRISBO

3. toxictaipan

toxictaipan New Member

Here in the instuction manual it says and I quote.
    Some one who has money to spare should plug a phone line in the Expansion Port and plug a phone on the other end and have some one else call them and see if there voice comes through the WII remote speaker. Have a fire extinguiser handy and try and talk back with the fret buttons!

4. Mew*

Mew* Active Member

Now I have never seen this port, but now that you mention it being like a telephone jack, I have an idea. I have this gun controller for SNES, and it is for the game Lethal Enforcers. That gun controller has a telephone port on the bottom, and I was wondering what it was for. I was looking through my paperwork for that game, and it said you could buy a second gun controller over the mail, for like $14.95 in order to play two player mode. Couple to the two guns with the cable, and there you go! Another use of a telephone cord to link something together was on a laser tag kit that I had. (It looked like a phone jack, but it was just a bit smaller) This time the connection was to connect to target points together so that you could have one on the front of your body and the other on your back. Those are uses of the technology that I have seen. It is a very old method though, it is very weird to see it on such a new product.

Could it be to add more buttons to the controller, or do do some crazy two guitar performance? :lol:

5. soxrcol

soxrcol Active Member

neh, Its for headset for talking to people online? I dont know... None on the ps2 one though

6. AgentP

AgentP New Member

That would be great. I would try it, but I got rid of my land lines a while ago (now just use cable interent and cell phones)

Anyway, I noticed that the 360 Guitar Controllers (the X-plorer and persumably the Les Paul) also as the phone jack as well.

I could see it being used for a foot pedal most likely, but other than that, I don't see the purpose of it.

7. toxictaipan

toxictaipan New Member

Mew*
    With the wireless technology of the WII controller that makes no sense. I see no use for a foot pedal. What would it do? I hope it's just a weird looking plug to a computer cable so you can download more songs. Some one please come back when you get some news!

Soxrcol that is a nice idea.

AgentP nice edit to my post!

Last edited: Dec 21, 2007