2 TGW
4 Rare candy
3 Warp Point
2 Pluspower

Energy: 14
8 Water Energy
4 DRE
2 Scramble

Strategy: Start with absol discarding their hand. When you get porygon 2 use more supporters. Wager disrupts their hand, and a mars same turn really hurts if they lost. On bench, build up both empoleon and Gatr lines. once you get the energy on Gatr use him to attack and discard a card every turn, and use emopleons power to kill their hand some more.
Suggestions Very Welcome, I think this could really help in the metagame, as in theory it completely beats magmortar and slows down GaG alot. Im thinking maybe a 1-1 mantine line for free retreat? again, please help, and thanks in advance!.

Last edited:
I like the Gatr w/ disruption, but I feel like Empoleon sticks out like a sore thumb. I would take it out for Claydol and Volbeat/Illumise so you can reuse everything.

I must say this looks pretty interesting.

I also built a deck using Absol and Gatr for fun at league. I used Claydol in place of The Porygon line you had and added in a few tech cards, Like Plusle to help refill your hand with energy. If your opponent isn't playing Claydol, Absol followed by Gatr can crush their hand. I'm not sure the Empoleon line is even needed, but I can see why it could work with the overall strategy. I don't think 4 TGW are the best choice in this with Porygon as your main draw support. Oak's Visit or Steven's Advice might be a better fit. You should also include at least a couple Holon WP to protect your attacking Gatr. I opted for Crystal Beach over Scramble and DRE, because that seemed more disruptive to me.

Here's the list I use, maybe it will help:

4 Absol (SW)
3-3 Claydol (GE)
1 Plusle
3-2-3 Feraligatr (MT)

3 Team Galactic's Mars
2 Team Galactic's Wager
3 Steven's Advice
4 Celio's/ Bebe's Search (either works fine with Claydol)
3 Roseanne's Research
2 Night Maintenance
2 Rare Candy
3 Crystal Beach
4 ER 2

12 Water
1 Psychic
2 Holon WP

The Trainer line could probably be a bit better, but it seems to work pretty well for me. The biggest problem is if you run up against something with Claydol, which kind of destroys most of the hand disruption in the deck. Cessation Crystal could be a possible solution, but that turns your powers off as well, which you tend to need to set up.

ok, so I might do this. - the empoleon line, - 1 TGM and -2 TGW. that is 10 cards. plus 2-2 gyarados MT, plus 2-2 xatu SW and plus 2 plus power. Xatu takes care of status conditions, and gyarados deals 80 plus either next turn confusion or discarding. also, i would take out 2 scramble, and 4 water for 2 WP and 4 psychic.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back