Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Helix fossil - To candy or not?????

Bzerk45

Well since the talk of the town seems to be how Omastar will change the format next set the question is this, lets take a look at helix fossil:

Helix Fossil – HP50
Trainer

:pbody: Aqua Reaction
During your turn, when you attach a Water Energy from your hand to this Pokemon, search your deck for 1 Evolution card that Evolves from this Pokemon and play it on top of this Pokemon (this counts as Evolving this Pokemon). Shuffle your deck afterward. This Body doesn’t work if Energy is attached as an effect of an attack or a Poke-power.

This card can be put into play as a Colorless-type Basic Pokemon (if this card is Knocked Out, your opponent draws a prize). This card can’t be affected by Special Conditions and can’t retreat. The owner of this card can discard this card at any time during his or her turn (in this case it doesn’t count as a Knocked Out Pokemon).

Now, seeing as the poke body itself lets you search out a omanyte when you attach a :water: from the hand, would it be more effective to run a 1-0-1 line and have to depend on a rare candy or would it better off playing the full line of maybe a 1-1-1?

me personally i think i'll be better off running a 1-1-1 line that way i can save rare candy for some thing else. What about you guys????

I'd run a 2-1-2 line. :/
I kinda want to be able to use my Omastar's de-evolution effect more then once per game, don't you?
And it really depends on if you want to play a copy of Omanyte or not (if only room for 1 Omastar). Say I'm playing Magmortar with Omastar teched in. Do I run any water energies? No. So what will Omanyte do for me? Not a whole lot. Say I'm playing Swampert though. What will attaching a water energy to Helix fossil do? Evolve it AND give me an energy I can move to the active anyway. In such a deck, definately run multiple omantyes.

But for general use, 2-1-2 seems safe. :/

...it's iffy. It's not a bad idea, but I think it would be better at 2-2-2. If your deck is already taking enough of a leap to use Omastar, it should probably have more space in the deck so you don't prize the pieces. And multiple Star-Wager possibilities a game could be pretty sweet.

In this case, I would agree that a 1-1-1 line would be more beneficial, IF you're using Water Energy. You add consistency somewhat by giving yourself another way to get to Omastar if you can't get Rare Candy into your hand (or if you use them all up).

Back