Help me find out what this Pidgey and Hitmonlee are!

Discussion in 'Cards: Strategy and Rulings Discussion' started by kinkyinky, May 7, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
  1. kinkyinky

kinkyinky New Member

Hi guys, hope everyones nice, 'cause this is my first post. :D

Okay guys, I picked up these two cards at my local trading card place. I've been collecting cards for years (though idle for a few years as well) and have come across nothing like these cards.

http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/4102/p5090238xk1.jpg
    That is the Pidgey I picked up. I know it looks fake but it does not feel fake. I've dealt with a few fake cards and they are nothing like this. It's clear and sturdy, the back is the correct printing. I don't know what that symbol is on the card that looks like a medallion.

That brings me to the Hitmonlee I also picked up with the same symbol.
    http://img393.imageshack.us/img393/959/p5090240yt7.jpg

Does anyone know what these symbols are. I'm sure a few of you are experts on this sort of thing! Thank you so much. :D

2. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Both cards are real. I have similar cards like your Pidgey, but they aren't Pidgey, but they have the weird slilver all over the front.

3. kinkyinky

kinkyinky New Member

I know it's crazy. Weird medal thing too.

4. patthemanvan

patthemanvan New Member

they're from a re-print serioes called the ledgendar collection or something. they're real

5. kinkyinky

kinkyinky New Member

I see. But why is the WHOLE thing holographic?

6. Flygon999

Flygon999 New Member

Cuz it is. Nothing more to say about it. We're average pokemanz players, not the people-who-invent-pokemanz.

7. skarmory777

skarmory777 New Member

They're from the legendary collection.

8. tglilly

tglilly New Member

The fully foil pidgy is just a reverse foil card.. all of the reverse foils were like that.

9. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

Legendary Collection cards. The "medal" is the set symbol. First set to have Parallel Foils. Reprinted cards from Base - Team Rocket hand picked by WotC for the game. Best set to do Sealed Play.

10. Rai

Rai <a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showpost.php?p=

Base Set 2 Reverse Holos looked like that.

You know, kinda like our current Reverse Holos (See the Pokebeach Plusle scan for what I mean if you don't know what a reverse holo is)

11. PokePop

PokePop Administrator

There were no Base Set 2 Reverse holos.
    As BJJ763 mentioned, Legendary Collection was the first set to include parallel foils (reverse holos) and the only set to use this hideous pattern.

12. Phazon Elite

Phazon Elite New Member

Maybe they should have kept the design. We'd have more rappers playing Pokemon if they had done so. lol

13. tglilly

tglilly New Member

I though they hurt the eyes because they reflect way too much light.

14. Mystery Thing

Mystery Thing Administrator

It just made the text impossible to read from way too many angles...