Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help on an Electivire Deck before Cities

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dear Pokegym Members:

I posted the latest version of my Electivire/Raichu deck last month and I appreciated all the helpful comments. I have since modified it slightly and I was hoping for helpful suggestions again prior to Cities this Saturday. A reminder about the strategy, Raichu can help power up Electivire and Rayquaza; Electivire Level X provides a defense against Cessation Crystal and Lake Boundary (if the opponent is running a Fighting Deck), Electivire X and Pikachu Star can help if you fall behind, and the trainer engine is to try to get energy and Pokemon out as quickly as possible. I have since field-tested it at Time Warp Comic and Games in NJ with mediocre results. When I get set up in a reasonable amount of time, I have a good chance of being competitive, but a good percentage of the time, I can’t get set up fast enough especially against decks which contain fighting Pokemon. Questions for Pokegym forum members:

1. Improvements to the trainer engine?
2. Tech in a SW Sableye especially because of Blissey?
3. Tech in Stantler or a similar Pokemon in order to obtain my trainers faster?
4. Change my Celio’s Network to Bebe’s Search, so I can more easily get out my Rayquaza Ex?

Pokemon 17

3 Electabuzz (DP2)
2 Electivire (SW)
2 Electivire Level X (DP2)
2 Rayquaza ex delta (DF)
2 Pikachu (DP2)
1 Pikachu Star (HP)
1 Pikachu (POP6-Oran Berry)
4 Raichu (DP2)

Trainers 27

1 TV Reporter
1 Scott
1 Lake Boundary
1 Crystal Beach
2 Oak’s Research
3 Warp Point
2 SSU
3 Castaways
2 Strength Charm
2 Windstorms
3 Celio's
3 Night Maintenance
3 Roseanne’s Research

Energy 16

13 Lightning
3 Cyclone

Thanks again!

First take out the Pikachu Star the weakness is x2 fighting, only use Pikachu MT.

Keep the celios, Roseanne’s Research can grab the Rayquaza ex delta when you need it.

Use Oaks visit instead of research.

I think techs like Stantler seem to slow it down more, best to stay with Raichu as the starter. I tried to tech in Meganium d and it did ok.

hi its alex from cedar grove league. hmm there needs to be alot of changing. first of all, the pokemon line is a bit mixed. u should take out the rayquazas, because from excessive playtesting, they dont really help since they give away 2 prizes and thats not good in this current format. cut the raichu line to 3-3 or even 2-2, and the electivire line should be like this:

3 elekid DP
3 buzz d
2 vire DP
1 vire SW
1 vire lv.x

now with the trainer line, raise the drawing power a bit and take out the scott and crystal beach.
and with the energy, it should be something like this:

8 lightning
2-3 DRE
2-3 scrambe
OPTIONAL:warp energy if your worried about the retreat cost
OPTIONAL:cyclone energy since vire doesnt snipe, you could use this instead

Pokemon 17

4 Electabuzz (DP2)
2 Electivire (SW)
2 Electivire Level X (DP2)
1 Rayquaza ex delta (DF)
2 Pikachu (DP2)
2Raichu (DP2)

Trainers 27

1 TV Reporter
1 Scott
1 Lake Boundary
4 Oak’s Research
3 Warp Point
2 SSU
3 Castaways
2 Strength Charm
2 Windstorms
4 Celio's
3 Night Maintenance
3 Roseanne’s Research

Energy 16

14 Lightning
2 DRE
1 Scramble.

Brian:

I like your suggestions, but do I have enough basic pokemon and could you check the numbers on the components: I count 13 Pokemon, 29 Trainers, and 17 energies.

By the way, anybody else's thoughts about Sableye and/or Stantler.

jconti2818

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back