Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help to start league in Destin, FL area!

morganb73

Hey, anyone living in the Ft. Walton, Niceville, or Destin, FL area, I need your help. I recently moved here from Memphis, TN, where they are blooming with Pokemon Leagues, and now live in Sandestin. I looked on go-pokemon.com for a League and there was none...WITHIN 200 MILES! :eek: I proposed the thought that we should make a Pokemon League! I have serached places and the only places I can think of is Wal-Mart (in Destin), TBS Comics (in Ft. Walton Beach/ Mary Ester), and Comics Direct. I have talked to TBS Comics and they said they would be interested in making one. They also said that they had a league at one point, but many players just kept on going into and out of Pokemon. I haven't contacted Wal-mart, nor Comics Direct. I need help. I can still contact them and hopefully make one. Please help! Thanks! :thumb:​

Well I'm not anywhere near the FL area (I live in CT) but I've been waiting aroudn 5-6 years now before I turn 18 to start my own league and finally I'm turningof age in a month and am trying to start one up at a Toy's R Us that used to have one back when pokemon wasin it's prime around 10 years ago, so I know exactly what your going through. It helps when you have a group of friends on the sme page wanting to help you.

Yeah, I figured. I don't have a Toys R Us by me. A group of people would be good so I put this up to see if there were any in the Middle O' Nowheres, FL :p. I am talking to the boss of this place to see if he will hold a Pokemon League. I will know by Tuesday, then I can go advertise for players. ^.^

before you start advertising for players, you may want to go to go-pokemon and register for a league. after your approval, advertise for players. nothing would kill a league faster than getting a bunch of new people together and having no prizes to distribute.

is Ft. Walton, Niceville, or Destin close to ocala thats where i live now i just moved from orlando because if so i can help you out

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

lz never mind its to fare now i remember that are sorry cant help

Last edited:
Waynegg: I know that I should register online for a league. I am just trying to find a place and some people to help/ hold one. After I get the prizes and "advertising" stuff, I would advertise for players to come in.

URGG! The guy I need to talk to is NEVER in the store when I call! D:<
I called today and the staff there said he will be there tomorrow...

I have a meeting with the owner at TBS Comics, the place where they want to hold the 1st NW Florida league. They need a League Runner and a PTO. NOW its time to advertise! ^_^

I have a meeting with the owner at TBS Comics, the place where they want to hold the 1st NW Florida league. They need a League Runner and a PTO. NOW its time to advertise! ^_^

Hey,

I know that it has been quite a while since you posted this thread but I was wondering if you ever got anywhere with setting up the league. I live in Niceville, Fl which is not far from you and would be interested in joining up or helping start one up. I also know a few others in the area who play the tcg and video games competitively who would be interested as well.

Back