Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Help with cities deck! Plz

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prize_Card

Hey guys its Prize_Card.. Citys is next weekend! and im needing some help with my decks, and which I should play for cities. Where I play, turn 2 decks are heavily exposed, (like blissy) and some delta decks,so here are my options.. Please comment and fix my decks, and let me know which one I should play. Thanks!

Deck 1: Gatr-gon

Pokemon: 25

4-3-3-2 Flygon ex/ flygon delta
3-2-3 Feraligator delta
1 ray ex
4 castform

Trainers: 21

4 rare candy
4 prof. elms
3 mentor
2 stevens
2 castaway
2 windstorm
2 warpoint
2 holon adventurer

energy: 14

4 pyschic
4 electric
4 delta rainbow
2 double rainbow

Strategy: Start out with castform like any other delta deck, delta draw for a few turns, then get flygon d flygon ex and hopefully a gatr too start building up gatrs on the bench to power up the flygon ex, hitting for at max 110 and dmg on the bench. Earlier or mid game, start dragging of with gatr to either stall, or to get the knock out so they cant get set up.

Deck 2: Electric pulse

Pokemon: 22

4-3-3-2 Flygon ex/Flygon d
2-1-2 Ampharos Sw (The mareep and flaffy are delta)
4 Holon's castform
1 Rayquaza ex

Trainers: 23

4 Prof. elms
4 Rare candy
3 Holon's mentor
1 Rosanne's
2 Stevens advice
2 Castaway
3 Windstorm
2 night maintenance
2 Warp point

Energy: 15

5 Psychic
4 Electric
4 Delta rainbow energy
2 Double rainbow energy

Strategy: Start off like any other delta deck, get castform active, and try to set up 3 trapinch, 1 mareep, 1 rayquaza ex, (and of course there's other ways to set up too.) After delta drawing for a couple turns you should be trying to set up Flygon ex and an Ampharos as quick as possible. While your opponent is taking dmg to all of his/her pokemon by playing supporters, start slamming on him/her with Flygon ex dealing, and spreading dmg to all of there pokemon creating death traps for each and every one of them! After attacking with flygon for a few turns, you should already be taking a decent amount of prizes considering that you should be getting double, and triple knock outs from Ampharos, and Flygon ex. End out the game by either sniping with Rayquaza ex, or just simply attack with either Flygon ex or Ampharos.

Deck 3: Mario :O (lol)

Pokemon: 16

4-3-1 lucario/ lucario lvl x
3-2-2-1 machamp dp/ machamp pk

Trainers: 28

4 plus powers
4 celios network
3 castaway
3 mentor
3 cessation crystals
3 rare candy
3 tv reporter
2 stevens
2 team galactics
1 warp point

energy: 16

3 scramble
3 double rainbow
10 fighting

Strategy: for those who dont know the strategy for mario... Start out with riolu either first turn game a castform, or hit for 30. next turn evolve to lucario then start hitting the bench early. Get a machamp DP set up on the bench ready to hit for 90 and confusion with a coin flip, then start hitting them with machamp. Depending on weather they play exs or not, try to get a machamp from power keepers set up ready to hit big on exs.

Alright those are my decks for citys! Any suggestions would be great, and are needed. Thanks!

Added: Match-ups for decks I might be playing

Blissy: 55-50 Having blissys weakness is fantastic, along with machamp pk, almost 1 hitting blissy. As long as i get a set up, I should be good..

Honchkrow/hand control/discard: 35-65 Honchkrows and murrows have resistnace to me. but its still winnable. (might need to find a tech for this one)

Flygon ex maginuim/R-gon variants: 60-40 Possibly First turn killing a castform for game, helps the deck a lot. Also exploiting machamp pk will smack on flygon ex hard!

gardivoir lvlx variants: 40-60 I have weakness, but still winnable..

Other turn 2 vairiants (wormadam. etc...): 50-50 which ever deck sets up quicker, pretty much wins!

Sorry if my match-ups arent completly accurate, just an estiamate. Thanks!

Last edited:
i also think mario would be your best bet.
if there are a lot of speed decks and delta decks around your area, then marios a good choice bucause of its fairly good speed and it stops powers with cess. crystal so that should beat delta decks.
so either that or the gatr flygon one.
enough power and damage output would be good against speed decks if you can get set-up.

Thanks for the suggestions master of puppets! Any one have any fixes our suggestions for the decks?

Also updated with some of the decks I may be playing...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back