Honchkrow

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by senior pokeboy, Apr 6, 2008.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. senior pokeboy

senior pokeboy New Member

How can i do this better?:confused:

Pokemon:X14
    X4 Absol (Start pokemon)
    X3 Murkrow (MT)
    X1 Murkrow (SW)
    X3 Honchkrow
    X1 Honchkrow lv.x
    X1 Ubreon ''Shinning'' (pop)
    X1 Minun (to draw cards when Murkrow gets K.O

Trainer:X33
    X2 sidney's st.
    X2 Energy Recycle System
    X2 Copycat
    X2 Warp Point
    X1 Switch
    X2 Castaway
    X3 Night maintenance
    X2 Amulet Coin
    X4 Team Galatic's Mars
    X2 Mr. Stone's Project
    X4 Celio's
    X3 Energy Removal 2
    X4 Great Ball

Energy:13
    X4 DRE
    X4 Darkness sp
    X5 Darkness

Stragegy: Take cards from opponents hand, and stop opponents deck with Absol (as start pokemon). And Honchkrow/Murkrow is quick to come op, with :pbody:Dark Genes to use Murkrow without energy. When Murkrow gets K.O (maybe quick with little HP) then i have minun to draw cards, and another murkrow ready.

2. ashinto

ashinto New Member

great stradegy. make sure u get honch set up quickly so your murkrows can start K.Oing your opponenets starter and other unprepared pokemon

3. zman22674

zman22674 New Member

Without Windstorm, you fall to any deck running Cessation Crystal. Try to make room for some Windstorms. I would suggest take out the Amulet Coins.

Z

4. senior pokeboy

I have great ball to get Murkrow (SW) and celio's to honchkrow. Then it comes up quick.

Back to back posts merged. The following information has been added:

But if i take amulet coin out then what about Castaway.

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  5. zman22674

zman22674 New Member

Take the Castaways out also and replace with 2 Premier Ball. Trust me, Cessations Crystal will completely shut down your deck. We have 3 people at our card store that play a Honchkrow variant and 2 are almost identical, me and the the shop owner, and CC always shuts down the deck horribly and then you are left to attack with the Honchkrow only and if you used a DRE on him, you are not hitting as hard and he is easily beaten. That is why Honchkrow decks keep the Honchkrow on the bench and that is the main reason why CC shuts this deck down unless you run Windstorm or Pachirisu, but Pachirisu is not really a viable choice for this deck and Windstorm is the better choice.

I have 9 decks and this one is one that is one of the most fun to play with.

Z

Last edited: Apr 7, 2008
  6. Deidara

Deidara New Member

Replace the Murkrow SW with Murkrow MT. There is no point getting a T1 Honchkrow...

7. senior pokeboy

Z, can i just switch windstorm with sidney's st.

8. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

i would highly recommend adding pluspower/strength charms. running a couple cessation crystals yourself isn't a bad idea either. attach them either to absol or honchkrow (if honchkrow is active who cares if dark genes is turned off).

you do need someway to deal with opposing stadiums. crystal beach will slow you down a tad but battle frontier, which is seeing more play as an anti-togekiss tech, will ruin you. so either run some windstorms or stadiums of your own.

9. senior pokeboy

Now i have switcht 2 Energy Recycle Sys, 2 Castaway and 2 Amulet coin to 2 Windstorm, 1 Premier Ball, 2 Plus Power and a Censation Crystal.

10. Azure Kite

Azure Kite New Member

Plus Powers really help, I have played against this deck a lot, so I know. YES, definatly a few Windstorms. Pachy would help, but as said, it doesn't work well with Honchkrow. Nice deck!:thumb:

11. zman22674

zman22674 New Member

You can if you choose to. However, I would take out what I indicated. As I said, I have a Honchkrow deck as one of my 9 decks and I run mine with Honchkrow/Murkrow, Absol, and Sableye. I currently do not run Windstorm in my deck because I only own 2 and they are in my Infernacatty (the deck I run in premier tournaments the most) and CC REALLY hurts Infernacatty also, and whenever I go against a deck with CC with my Honchkrow, I lose every time.

Now, as for your changes, I personally would not add CC to the deck, but our card shop owner has it in his and he seems to have some success with it. If you are going to run Plus Power, you should run more than 2. Just a suggestion.

Z

12. Ajax

Ajax New Member

doesnt CC work only on active pokemon?

13. zman22674

zman22674 New Member

CC has to be on the active Pokemon to become active itself. However, if the active Pokemon has a CC on it, Pokemon on the bench are affected and cannot use PokePowers or PokeBodies. Therefore, an active Pokemon with a CC on it will turn off the PokeBody "Dark Genes" and prevent Murkrows from attacking with Honchkrow's attacks.

Z

14. revdjweb

revdjweb New Member

yes but if CC is attached to honchkrow or honchkrow lvl x he doesn't use dark genes himself so turning off his own pokebody is moot. the only way it might get you in trouble is against pachirisu (since honchkrow is already weak to lightning) or if you are running other pokemon with powers you are concerned about (like claydol or umbreon star).

15. senior pokeboy

Yes if i have CC on my Absol from start then if it gets K.O or i Retreat it, CC stops working.

16. Paperfairy

Paperfairy New Member

+2 Quick Ball
    -2 Energy Recycle System

(On second thought, this requires more work. The trainer engine is rather inconsistent.)

17. mila

mila New Member

i think you want to run 3-1-2-2 honchkrow x because you can hit a claydol for 40 then when honchkrow dies just great ball murkrow sw celios honchkrow and energy, next turn honchkrow lv x and ko that F#CKING CLAYDOL THAT SHUT DOWN THE ENTIRE DECK.

thanks.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.