Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Honchsol, Full Article!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Time for Pain

<a href="http://pokegym.net/forums/showthread.php?
Pokemon: 13
4 Absol
4 Murkrow (MT)
3 Honchkrow
1 Honchkrow Lv. X
1 Umbreon*

Trainers: 30
4 Team Glactics Mars
3 Team Galactics Wager
3 Celio's Network
2 Holon Mentor
2 Windstorm
1 Professor Birch
4 Energy Removal 2
3 Castaway
2 Night Maintenance
2 Strength Charm
4 Plus Power

Energy: 17
4 Dark (special)
8 Dark (basic)
3 Double Rainbow
2 Scramble

Strategy:
Use absol to discard cards from the opponents hand to hinder their setup and then use murkrows copying honchkrows attack to finish the job keeping them at no hand.

The Breakdown:

Pokemon:
http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=31869&c=162
Absol - Great Starter trying to discard your opponents hand to nothing for one colorless energy. Somtimes you can even use raid for 10-40 for one energy too.

Murkrow (MT) - This one is better than the SW one because of it's first attack swarm. Murkrow is in here for two reasons evolving and using honchkrows attacks for no energy.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=31317&c=154
Honchkrow - Here is the main part of the deck. If he has the energy than murkrow can use his attacks. Broken card IMO.

http://pokegym.net/gallery/showimage.php?i=31988&c=162
Honchkrow Lv. X - Very good in here. gives some more HP to Honchkrow. Free Retreat which is always good. He can snipe which is good. He can get cards out of the discard pile. Simply put this guy is amazing.

Umbreon* - His power discards a card which is the only reason he is in here.

Trainers:

T.G. Mars - Draw two cards and remove a card from the opponents hand, excellent.

T.G. Wager - Your opponents draws a card to give them a big hand (Copycat, Steven's Advice, Birch) this puts you back in control (if you win)

Celio - Grab any pokemon in the deck is nice.

Holon Mentor - I use mentor over roseanne in here because you can grab three pokemon and you don't need that much energy in the first place.

Windstorm - Gets rid of pesky cards (Cessation Crystal, Crystal Beach, Battle Frontier) but since you are discarding cards only 2 are needed.

Birch - Helps if you lose the Wager.

Energy Removal 2 - Great disruption card. You're discarding cards so now you can get rid of energy too.

Castaway - Grabs an energy, Supporter, and tool. great card in any deck.

Night Maintenance - Gets back murkrow/honchkrow/Lv.X/Absol/Umbroen* good card.

Strength Charm/ PlusPower - adds damage since you're only doing 50.

Energy:

Dark (special and basic) - used for honchkrow and absol maybe even umbreon*

Double Rainbow - used to power up honchkrow. remember if honchkrow isn't attacking the damge isn't reduced.

Scramble - If you get behind use scramble on honchkrow to start attacking.

Matchups:

T2 Blissey 50/50: they have lots of HP and can ko you fast. Usually takes 2-3 murkrows to KO one blissey. Somtimes it's better if you let honchKrow do some attacking.

T2 Bannette 70/30: they are weak to dark which helps. they put damage counters on themselves which helps. If you use raid T1 they can't KO you with Ghost Head. should be an easy match.

T2 Kricketune 50/50: Hard Match depending on who goes first it could be harder. No advice for this one except hope for good discards.

Gallade 50/50: if you can discard some cards they need early (rare candy, DRE, Gardevoir) then you are in good shape. being resistant to fighting means almost nothing because they flip a prize and you're Murkrow goes down.

Mario 70/30: Resistanece to fighting helps in this match also you might attack with honchkrow a little more just beacause of the HP.

Magmortor: 40/60: Big HP and can heal and it can snipe your honchkrow, this is your hardest matchup. Good discards are key (getting them to no hand and no delcatty is better) use multiple honchkrow (or at least make sure you can set up multiple one's because you can't always attack with murkrow.

I don't understand why it has died down though, it is a really good deck that can win any match.

I think it's died down because of low damage output and low HP. Magmortar Lv.X snipes the Bench for 100 to anything, which kills regular 'Krows, and even Lv.Xs don't stand a chance. Murkrows will likely die in a hit from just about anything, even Gallade, as it is your main hitter, Gallade dosen't mind flipping over a Prize to KO it. Lati-Lock also kills it, with Honchkrow not being able to use Dark Genes, and with no sniping in the deck, it'll be hard to take out one of the Latis. Blissey can destroy it, as Blissey will easily be doing 60+ damage a turn. Plus, damage cap is only 60, which won't be one shooting anything.

^^I've actually found the deck very consistent even when I start with umbreon*. The only problem I've had is them top decking a copycat/Birch and coming back from that. Otherwise I've done well with the deck (league 14-0, tourney 6-1 when 3 honchkrow were prized I lost) league may not be the best to mention but we have some good players who use top tier decks but I have yet to actually play a magmortar in person which I would like to do so I can get some experience against it before states.

^thats why there is absol drop, special dark, pluspower, and strength charm to help you out.

im soory but your deck could use a lot of working around, and with the rigth build its not inconsistent at all!!!

you really dont lose to anything but censation crystal with this deck. You don't for the simple fact that your opponent doesn't have a hand, SO THEY CAN'T DO ANYTHING WHATSO EVER LOL!!!

usually people are top decking by turn 3 and when you have a full hand and a pokemon swinging for 50 or 60 and grabbing cards out of their hand and grabbing cards back from the discard, they really get a beating. i came back from a 1-6 prize count to win with a good version of this deck against a turbo blissey, just by not making any mistakes. if your highly skilled with descent luck you can win almost any match with a proper build!!!

i really like this kind of setup, but i use buffer peice, with buffer piece vs gallade you opponent has to flip many prizes in order to KO honrch, so what if 1 of your hunchs is KOed, gallades all done with no prizes left

swarm with the little crows an your solid!

the only thing i dont really like is using DRE with the deck, it seems to always kill me...

danny

^that's if they can get setup but the only reason it is a hard match (not as hard as magmortor but still hard) is because they can use your trainers (gardevoir) to draw into a windstorm or they can use bring down to KO your murkrow/honchkrow or use sonic blade to make the buffer useless.

Also Dark-Zapdos what changes would you make to the deck and how well have you done with it?

^I don't like Roseanne in here because you don't need energy. 1 for absol and 2-3 for Honchkrow that's it. plus mentor grabs you the three stooges (murkrow) which is why in this deck Mentor>Roseanne

Is Umbreon* really necessary just cause it discards a card from the opponent's hand when he comes into play? I personally use Sableye CG for the Blissey match-up, which I find to always be troublesome for this deck.

^I agree that blissey is hard unless you go first than it is easy. Sableye can work I just prefer Umby* for when my opponent get a draw card for more cards in their hand than I can mars, drop umby and use dark wing flaps to get them back where they belong.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back