Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Houston "Hidden Legends" Pre-release...June 5, 2004

:clap: ~Houston...School Is Out...Let The Summer Fun Begin!!!~ :clap:

On June 5, 2004, "Heroes Collectables" and Master Professor Birch will be kicking off the Summer Vacation with the newest Pokemon-e TCG Series, "Hidden Legends"!!! Again, this will be your first chance to get your hands on these new series of cards. This Pre-release Event will start at 10:00am and run all day and night. The "Hidden Legends" series will contain reprinted cards cards from older sets (hopefully with new graphics) and some new cards that will surely enhance your decks. As we know Nintendo/Pokemon USA, Inc. will be rotating out series of cards soon, so you don't want to miss this Pre-release Tournament to get these cards.

Pokemon USA, Inc. (PUI) is trying to get more "10-Under" and new players involved in playing sanctioned tournaments. So, PUI is trying some new things to draw in more new players. Read all of the details below so that you will not miss a thing. :)

Details and More Details of the "Hidden Legends" Pre-release Tournament:

Loacation: "Heroes Collectables"
1810 Dairy Ashford Road
Houston, Texas 77077
www.heroescollectable.com

Date: June 5, 2004

Time: 10:00am (Registration Starts)

"Hidden Legends"~Start Time: 11:00am

Entry Fee: $15.00 ("Hidden Legends")

Prizes: 1st-8th Place (For Each Age Group)
(Age Groups: 10-Under, 11-14, 15-Over)

Prizes Break Down:

1st Place: One Display of Pokemon-e TCG "Hidden Legands" Boosters (36-Packs)

2nd Place: 18-Booster Packs of "Hidden Legends"

3rd-4th Place: 9-Booster packs of "Hidden Legends"

5th-8th Place: 4-Booster Packs of "Hidden Legends"

Tournament Format: "Limited Sealed Pack" (PUI-Sanctioned)

In "Sealed Pack Format", each player will have six booster packs from the Pokemon-e TCG "Hidden Legends" series. Players add "Basic Energy" cards to build a 40-card deck. Basic Energy will be provided by the Tournament Organizer. Players may only use the cards that they get from their six booster packs plus basic energy. NO TRADING of cards from these booster packs will be allowed to build your deck. Decklists will be provided and MUST be filled out and turned in to play in the "Hidden Legends~Pre-release Tournament".

Limited decks contain exactly 40-cards. Players who open multiple copies of a card are not limited to onlt four of any card that is normally applied to the Pokemon Trading Card Game. Any extra cards are set aside for the remainder of the event. Players MUST play only the cards that they have listed on their "Decklist". (Players may not change out any cards in their deck between rounds of the tournament.)

Players set aside four prizes at the start of each game, instead of the normal six.

"Pre-Constructed Deck" Tournament (Unsanctioned)

This tournament will be limited to 24-players. The "10-Under" age group will have the first chance to enter this tournament. After all "10-Under" players that want to enter this event, we will offer the remaining spots to palyers that are beginners in the other two age groups. The Entry Fee is $15.00. You will receive one "Pre-Constructed Theme Deck" from the "Hidden Legends" series. after the tournament is over, you will receive three booster packs of the "Hidden Legends". The top 50% of the players' standings will receive one additional booster pack of the "Hidden Legends".

The "Pre-Constructed Deck" Tournament will take place the same time as the "Pre-release Tournament". It also will not be sanctioned. The is a tournament that player can enter to get use to playing in the "Sanctioned Tournament" events. There will be Judges helping players as they need help in learning the Game of Pokemon. This is to be a FUN and LEARNING tournament with no pressure. :lol:

What To Bring: $15.00 for the Entry Fee for the "Hidden Legends" Pre-release / Any Extra Money for Side Events, Food, Drinks, etc. / Damage Counters / Randomier: Coin for Flipping or Dice for Rolling / A "Modified Constructed Deck" of 60-Cards to Play in the "Modified Format" Side Event / "GBA:Ruby & Sapphire" Game and GBA to Play in The "GBA" Side Event

Side Events: (All Side Events will Be Held After the "Pre-release Tournament")

"Game Boy Advance: Ruby & Sapphire" Tournament

Players will play in one big tournament for all players. Entry Fee is FREE!!! :thumb: this Tournament is "Single Elimination". Judges' decision is final. Pokemon USA, Inc. does not supply prize support for this type of tournament. Master Professor Birch will supply the prizes.

Below are the Rules for the "GBA" Tournament:

*10-minute matches
*3-Pokemon level 50 0r lower
*No two of the same Pokemon
*Players may use only one or none of these Pokemon : Groudon, Kygore, Rayquara, Jirachi, or Ho-oh on their team
*Only Pokemon caught in either Pokemon Ruby, Pokemon Sapphire, or Pokemon Colosseum from the North American market
*No Pokemon caught in Japanese games may be used
*No duplicate held items
*Certain powers (rest, recover, etc.) are not allowed after eight minutes into the match
*Modified GBA cartridges are NOT allowed
*Judges' rulings are final
*"Sudden Death" time limit after time has expired, if match is a tie

"Modified Constructed Deck" Tournament (PUI-Snactioned)

60- card deck using cards from the current "Modified Format" that the players will bring with them. Entry Fee is $5.00. Prizes will be determined by the amount of players in this tournament. There will be a 30-minute time limit for "Age-Modified Swiss" rounds. We will cut to the Top 25% of the total attendance in this tournament.

"Limited Booster Draft" Tournament (PUI Sanctioned)

These are the same rules as the "Pre-release Tournament" with the exception of the "Draft". Entry Fee is $15.00. We will play "Age-Modified swiss" rounds with 30-minute time limit for each round. Prizes will be determined by the amount of players that play in this tournament. We will cut to the Top-25% of the total attendance in this tournament.

T-Shirts: We will be offering official "Hidden Legends" T-shirts for sale at the "Pre-release". These look great and I know that you will have to have one for your collection. "JimDaddy", Jim Parish has the copy of the T-shirts if you wish to look at the design and pre-order. The price for sizes "S, M, L, XL" is $11.50 and the price for sizes "XXL, XXXL" is $13.00. These prices may go down but they will not go up. See Jim before May 10, 2004 to see the picture of these T-shirts to pre-order. (Pay the day of the Pre-release)

Judges: Jim Parish (Head Judge) "Heroes Collectables~League Leader & Pokemon Professor"
Brian Stevenson "Heroes Collectables~Pokemon Professor"
Charles R. Collinsworth "Premier Tournament Organizer & Pokemon Professor"

Contact Information: Charles (Richard) Collinsworth
Premier Tournament Organizer for pokemon USA, Inc.
Email: [email protected]
Phone: (972) 442-5545

If you have any questions or suggestions, please ask them on this "post" or email me. Good luck players, it looks like it will be a LOOONG FUUUN SUMMER!!!!

:pokeball: Master Professor Birch :pokeball:

Last edited:
Nice Double Posting, MP Birch! =P

Anyways, sounds really nice! I gotta save myself some cash. After missing the Gym Challenge in Houston, I won't miss this one! There are cards in this set that I'm really looking forward too.

man i have been waiting for this even for awhile. i can't wait to be there nad htose shirts sound really kool. hopefully there will be enough xxl so i can be able to buy one. :D :pokeball: see ya there.

New "GBA" Rules....

:clap: :clap: ~~~Attention.....Attention~~~ :clap: :clap:

There has been NEW "GBA" RULES listed on the original thread of the "post". If you are planning to play in the "GBA" tournament, please refer to the "Side Events" of this thread. :cool:

Hopefully, this will make the game more exciting!!! Give your ideas and comments with these new rules.

Alright cool, I know this Tourney is a while away. But, I may have convinced my parents to take me to it. Hey can't miss out on the tourneys going on in Texas. It will be fun playing with you guys again, hope to see you all there. :)

Edit:

I will also play in the GBA Tourney, man I can't wait. And if anyone in Houston has Pinball R/S, I would like to trade High Scores and Pokedex info with you. I have a complete Pokedex on the game and a very High Score, the highest I got right now is 10 billion. :)

Last edited:
Obi_Wan said:
Can you please explain the new GBA rules concerning the new pokemon you can use?

~Obi Wan~

Pokemon that may be used for the "GBA Tournament" are:

* No two of the same Pokemon

*Any Pokemon that can be caught from the "GBA: Ruby", "GBA: Sapphire", or "Pokemon Colosseum" games that are released in the USA

*Now, you may use none or only one of the following Pokemon: Groudon, Kygore, Jirachi, or Ho-oh. Not only one of each; one period. (Before you were not allowed to use any of these.)

* You may NOT use any Pokemon from a Japanese version of a "GBA or Nintendo" game. (Games that have not been released in the USA.)

I hope that this helps.

Master Professor Birch

I think we'll see Jirachis all over the place in the GBA tournament! Some of the strategist will go for Kyogre, which is VERY strong if used right. Hm..., I need to find a Pokémon that can kills ledgendaries or something.

Anyways, I'm not worried about the GBA tourny that much, I just want cards out of this set! The main tourny will be fun!

I don't think many people will be using Groudon. There's not many good move sets to teach him. Just to get it strait why can we use Ho-oh it's not released in the U.S. yet so why can we use it.

Aggronblaster said:
I don't think many people will be using Groudon. There's not many good move sets to teach him. Just to get it strait why can we use Ho-oh it's not released in the U.S. yet so why can we use it.

These are the rules for the upcoming "Pokemon Colosseum Tournament". If you cannot get "Ho-oh" from "GBA: Ruby & Sapphire" or "Pokemon Colosseum", then it is illegal. If this is so, then I will amend the rules. Thanks for any info that is helpful. I ain't no freaking genius when it comes to the "GBA"!!! That is why I post the info here so that ya'll can keep me straight.

Master Professor Birch

I got to start playing Colosseum again... stopped playing it for some reason. Being able to use Colosseum Pokemon is going to be real cool, I just don't know which ones to add to my team of 3 Pokemon. I think it would be cool if we could have the tourney on the Colosseum game, the graphics are pretty good for Gamecube. :)

Last I heard, Ho-oh can be caught on Colloseum if you beat the game TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY. That means capturing and purifying ALL the Dark Pokémon.

Yeah it level 70 and you can't breed it, so there's no way to use him. Its almost time for the PreRelease, can't wait to see what news cards are in Hidden Legends. :)

It stinks, I can't go, I've got to go to my cousin's wedding in Europe-I'd rather be here for the tourney. (I'm leaving on the 24th...means I'll miss the Space Party too.) Tell me how it went!

Howdy ya'll!! I'm soo looking forward to being at the pre-release tournament. I will be bringing a deck for the Modified Side Event that might have a chance against what is hot right now. I'm also hoping to get my pokemon up to the levels needed to be competitive, and see what I can do on my Colleseum game. I really like the idea of playing the GBA tournament on the Colleseum. If that works out, but short on systems and games, I'll be more that glad to bring my Gamecube and Colleseum game to the tournament. Also I have a question concerning about the packs. Will we be able to purhcase additional packs after the pre-release, or is it going to be like the deal with Aqua and Magma where you have to pre-order them? Looking forward to seeing ya'll there.

Purchasing Packs of "EX Hidden Legends"....

daniel4485 said:
Howdy ya'll!! Also I have a question concerning about the packs. Will we be able to purhcase additional packs after the pre-release, or is it going to be like the deal with Aqua and Magma where you have to pre-order them? Looking forward to seeing ya'll there.

~daniel4485~

I will never sell packs of Pokemon cards or single cards at the host store of my events. "Heroes Collectables" is the host store and that is how they make money to pay the rent, etc for their stores. I am sure that John will be having specials on "Pre-ordering" of the new "Hidden Legends" series of cards. Pokemon USA, Inc. has told the PTOs under no circumstances are we to sell any of the "Pre-release Product" at our events. I am sorry that I cannot per PUI and will not sell packs or boxes at the "Pre-release Tournament". Again, it is just wrong to sell boxes or packs at the host store of these events.

Thank you for your understanding. :eek:

Xeno said:
Last I heard, Ho-oh can be caught on Colloseum if you beat the game TOTALLY AND COMPLETELY. That means capturing and purifying ALL the Dark Pokémon.
You are right about that. In order to get Ho-oh, you have to catch all the dark pokemon in Colloseum and purify all the dark pokemon (Thats 48 shadow pokemon to catch and purify). In Battle mode: Then after that you must beat all 100 trainers in Mt. Battles's Single Battle or Double Battle with your story mode team, not one brought in to battle mode from Pokemon Ruby or Sapphire. There's a workaround, though: you can use any Hoenn Pokemon on your Story mode team, so import them into Orre via the Phenac Trade center, save, then register your blended story mode team. You can work toward completing the story mode and battle mode objectives simultaneously. To get Ho-oh, however, you must complete the story mode objective before you take on your 100th trainer, and you must have at least one empty spot in your PC's storage in story mode -- or else you'll need to start over from the very bottom of Mt. Battle. The incendiary Ho-oh is worth the climb! Oh by the way, all this info is in the latest issue of Nintendo Power. Hope that helps.

Back