Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How fast is fast in modified?

Adv1sor

Mewtwo ex can, with a good draw, do sixty points of damage on the second turn.

Fast enough?

Do you have something faster?

With a really good draw and luck , Dragonite EX can do 120 on the second turn. First use Roselia's speed growth. Then switch to dratini and rare candy. Gather power and gaint tail. Could even use pokemon nurse if u have two Dragonite Ex in play.

Dragonite EX huh?

Let's see, you'd need Dratini, Rare Candy, Dragonite Ex, Roselia, Balloon Berry (to retreat without giving up the energy), and four energy cards. Nine cards total by the second turn so that means you would also need some card drawing. Could happen, but then you risk the attack on a coin flip. It is potentailly more damage than Mewtwo ex, but I don't like the odds of getting what you need.

Mewtwo ex you would need, well, Mewtwo ex, three energy and a Juggler or TV reporter. Much better odds IMHO.

Any others?

I just can't get away from the idea of speed winning more games in this format :)

I can consistantly do 80 damage turn 2 with rayquaza start 1st turn with elekid active rayquaza on the bench attach an energy to elekid use it's attack to add a lightning to rayquaza 2nd turn attach a fire to rayquaza use a energy swith and a switch to move the energy to rayquaza and elekid to the bench or go 2 active and discard the 2 lightning for 80 damage or start with rayquaza and play juggler/tv reporter and then use rayquaza's 1st attack to get the energy from the discard pile having rayquaza powered up turn 2 to do mass damage but on the average 80
BLiZ

Hmm, define "speed"? Second turn I can drop a Charizard (non-Holo Expedition) needs an Energy, a Charmander, Charizard, and Rare Candy, but that gives you, second turn, a 100HP non-Pokemon ex that does 40 damage on a heads. You can add two more energy over the next two turns and then discard a Fire (assume two energy were Fire) to do 60. When you take too much damage, Pokemon Nurse. Obviously, this is slower than Mewtwo ex, but hey, it's not a Pokemon ex. ;) Most decks can give a strong hit turn two (usually involving a Rare Candy and Boost Energy), but need 3-4 to set up a continuous assault. My current deck is SS Steelix/Xatu: with Metal and Xatu's Healing Winds, a Steelix can last a long time. Rage is usually a guaranteed prize right before it gets KO'd, but the most damaging trick is the usual 3-4 Spinning Tales right in a row. When things go right, it might take 5 or so turns to set up... but in another 5 or so, its game.

Have roselia active and latios ex benched. First turn use speed growth on latios ex and attach 2 grass, next turn attach a lightning to latios, switch roselia and luster purge for 100 damage.

Gardy ex, turn 2, with a total of 6 NRGs on my side in play and more than enough on my opponent's side to KO virtually anything (that's an ideal setup)

Must be using Normal Guardy's Psy Shadow Poke Power to drag energy from the deck but you would need multiples to get 6 on by turn 2!

Last edited:
He said "ideal set-up". Also not that if on needs a quick bost yet again, Boost Energy can be dropped with a normal attachment, but pump up the damage by 30.

Turn 1:
Wynaut active, Ralts benched (any number). Play Dual Ball to get any remaining Ralts. PETM and Smile for 1 Gardy and 1 Gardy ex. (1 NRG)

Turn 2:
Attach Boost NRG (4) to Ralts, RC to Gardy ex, RC another Ralts to Gardy. PETM/Copy/POR to get more Gardys, hopefully getting 3 Gardys and a Gardy ex with one NRG attached. Switch or Balloon Berry out Wynaut. 3 Psy Shadows to Gardy ex (7). Minimum of 70 damage, maximum of about 120 (depending on Roselia, M2X, etc).

Okay so forget miffickal ideal set ups what is fast and fairly consistant. I agree with M2EX using Juggler and TV, I also know that Amphy EX with TV Reporter/Juggler and Fast ball and Energy suck up Mareep is a turn 2 PITA if you grab a rare candy too ask Freddy he saw it at SE challenge 4.

But consistantly getting that fast set up is hard I drove M2EX to 3rd place but still got gupped by Gardy but only because I choked and failed to get anything for the first three turns when I should have had him cold.

How fast is Modified well it's fast enuff but you gotta work it for the speed and that's a fact... and with out that perfick setup you'll be cursing and working the cards to get your deck running... modified .. still learning but remember speed kills ;)

bullados said:
Turn 1:
Wynaut active, Ralts benched (any number). Play Dual Ball to get any remaining Ralts. PETM and Smile for 1 Gardy and 1 Gardy ex. (1 NRG)

Turn 2:
Attach Boost NRG (4) to Ralts, RC to Gardy ex, RC another Ralts to Gardy. PETM/Copy/POR to get more Gardys, hopefully getting 3 Gardys and a Gardy ex with one NRG attached. Switch or Balloon Berry out Wynaut. 3 Psy Shadows to Gardy ex (7). Minimum of 70 damage, maximum of about 120 (depending on Roselia, M2X, etc).

sorry, you can't attach boost energy to ralts, a basic pokemon. :p

Realistically for gardy ex is about 40 damage by the second turn, I actually ended up using feedback more than psystorm early in the game, most of the time that attack would do more damage.

I built a Breloom deck that could do 60 second turn about 75% of the time. I played two-turn games without an opponent just to see how consistantly it worked.

bullados said:
Turn 1:

Turn 2:
You're just being silly now... =|

~fK

Back