Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How long does Dustox's TOXIC poison condition last?

Status
Not open for further replies.

DarkTyranitar

Please forgive this if it is redundant. (I seem to remember reading something about Dustox's TOXIC attack, but can find the posting).

OK, here's the deal: I was battling a guy who used Dustox's TOXIC attack on me. TOXIC reads: "The Defending Poke'mon is now Poisoned. Put 2 Damage counters instead of 1 on the Defending Poke'mon between turns."

Now, my question is how long does this condition last? If I bench or evolve my Pokemon, does this condition go away as the others would?

In addition, if my opponent switches Dustox on a future turn (without me benching or evolving my Pokemon that has been attacked with TOXIC) and the new one poison me once again, say, this time with Groovile's attack do I now only place 1 counter of damage for the poison condition, or am I still taking 2 counter damages?

What if they switch their Dustox for a Cacturne, (that automatically poisons if attacked) and I attack it? Do a take one or 2 counters for the (new?) damage condition?

Thanks (in advance).

- Tony

Last edited:
Poison is Poison,no matter if it`s the "normal" damage counter per turn or the two damage counters per turn as above.It still goes away with benching,evolving,trainer cards that cure special conditions,etc.If your pokemon is poisoned from Dustox,then is attacked with a "different" poison attack that only does 1 damage counter,then just as it states in the Rulebook,"...the new poison condition replaces the old one" so you would now only place one damage counter on the poisoned pokemon each turn it`s poisoned.

`Sensei

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back