How much more can the Rankingsystem be abused

Discussion in 'Archive' started by Rainbowgym, Jan 4, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

Today I found out something which I want an opinion about.
    I already informed PUI about this, but I like to see how you all feel about it.

Someone overhere did an Unlimited tournament (with the WOTC playingrules).
    Because they didn't had acces to internet and the TMS they provided the outcome of this tournament to the National Distributor.
    The OPManagar overthere did the input for sanctioning and ranking.
    He did put the results in the rankingsystem as Modified tournament, so these players appear now in the top 50 of the Modified ranking without ever playing a modified tournament.

My opinion:
    Unlimited tournaments not played by PUI/POP rules don't belong in any rankingsystem (they should not been sanctioned)
    National Head OP (manager or whoever) should at least know the difference between Modified and Unlimited.

And most of all, how do you modified players feel about the be passed in ranking by someone who played unlimited with the wrong playingrules.
    Just check the Global Modified Ranking system and at this moment all the players you will find there who come out of NL (Netherlands) are unlimited players. Most of them even never have played a modified tournament.

This is what we trying to explain to PUI, that the knowlegde of our National Head OP is absolutely zero.
    We are kicked out of the leagueprogram, because we tried again and again to explain the National Head OP that OP needs knowledge and that you have to put time in it to learn how it works.
    When a Head OP claims that they are the authority on the OP range, than explain me why after 4 years being Head OP (and the change to Nintendo doesn't matter in this case) Why the heck you don't know the difference between Modified and Unlimited. Or shall the defend themselves again, with o sorry typingerror. How many typingerrors can you make?

Last edited: Jan 4, 2004
  2. )v(ajin_ipg21

)v(ajin_ipg21 New Member

Report it.

BUT does PUI have any investigating guidelines to follow?

Padawans have MUCH to learn about the CCG/TCG environs and culture =(

3. Rainbowgym

Rainbowgym Active Member

4. GreatFox

GreatFox New Member

They will invistagate it.

We've reported to them once that a Tournamnet was being ranked under Modified when it was clearly Unlimited according to its Description.

They quickly marked is Under Investigation and removed it from the current rankings.