Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

How The Pokeball Came to Be. (All Chapters, 6)

HRPrime

Sorry if it's not the best. Just came up with it. Tell me what needs fixed, if needed please. Thanks
-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

In the world of Pokemon in the year 1660, Professor Matthew creates a device that can hold a Pokemon (at that time, called Magical Creatures). He thought it was a great idea. But, an early stage of Team Plasma would disagree. With Matthew's Pokemon, Serperior; Lucario; and Victini, he must battle Team Plasma to create his invention before he is captured as ordered by Team Plasma's king, Lord K.

Chapter 1: Team Plasma’s Wanted Poster​

Matthew’s Log: August 1, 1660
I, Professor Matthew, have created a device that can safely "catch" a Magical Creature. Using a sort of technology to recognize any DNA of Magical Creature, it can hit a Magical Creature and pull the Magical Creature into the hollow area inside. This will change the way we use Magical Creatures. I need to send a letter to my good friend Hayden that can help me mass produce these and sell them.

At the castle of Univa.........

"LORD K!" said a man in a blue armor like uniform running through a large doorway into a long room. "We have received word that a professor by the name of Matthew has created a device that can hold the Magical Creatures. He sent a letter to a man named Hayden." In a dark shadowy king's chair at the end of the room guarded by two powerful looking Magical Creatures named Garchomp, a man in a fancy king wear sat with his head shadowed.

He was silent for a moment and then said in a confident voice "Bring him here and his device! If this invention is produced, the Magical Creatures cannot be free!"

"As you wish sir" the man in the uniform said as he left the room.

"This device can make Magical Creatures slaves to all man kind and destroy all of what Team Plasma has worked for." Lord K murdered to himself.

A few minutes after Lord K demanded that Matthew should be captured, a group of Team Plasma men gathered (about 20) in a neat line like military men. Each wearing the armor like uniform just like the man in the room. Then, one Team Plasma member appeared in the front of them all. “You are going to put up these wanted posters up of Professor Matthew” he said.

“Yes sir” said the men and they took a load of the posters, each. Each member got on a Ponyta and rode of to all the near by towns. They put up the posters all over each town.

The next day..........

Matthew wakes up and scans the room half awake and the rays of sun are peering though the window and hearing voices outside in the town (the town is at the place known as today as Driftveil City). Serperior is curled up and asleep in the middle of the room. Lucario, a blue Magical Creature with the power of Arua, is sitting up against the wall with his arms crossed asleep. Victini, a small yellow Magical Ceature, is right next to Matthew asleep like a cat. Matthew gets up and Victini falls of the bed. The rest of the Pokemon wake up and look around. “Sorry” Matthew said to his Magical Creatures as he left the room. He got ready and went to the kitchen and saw there was no food. Matthew thought I better get food. He went out and went to the best food mart in town. As he walked in and got his food, he was being stared at allot. As he walked out with his food, 4 Magical Creatures that look like a bishop on a chess board, Bisharp, met him at the door ready to fight. He looked to the side and saw a wanted poster of him. It read,
“WANTED:
Professor Matthew
Reason:
Making a device that can enslave Magical Creatures.
Reward:
10 Gold Balls” (Nugets).

He was alarmed at this thing look in fear at the Bisharp. 1 Bisharp grabbed him and started to run. Then was hit by blue sphere. Matthew looked and it was Lucario. Then Victini came up and used an attack that hurled a large ball of fire on each Bisharp called Fire Blast. The Bisharp flew back and hit a wall on the other side of the street. Matthew took the food he got and ran out of the town while a crowd chased him wanting that 10 Gold Ball reward. Then, 4 Mankey appeared in front of Mathew and his Magical Creatures.

“Use Pound” said a man behind the Mankey. The Mankey came at Matthew fast. But then, a long blue bone smacked all the Mankey at once. Lucario had used Bone Rush to attack the incoming Mankey. The Mankey flew back and hit the man and knocked him out.

“We need to go.” Said Matthew and him and his Magical Creatures ran into the forest.

Chapter 2: Start of The Journey to Opelucid City​

After being attacked at his hometown, Matthew continued into the forest with his Magical Creatures. Still wondering about why he is wanted for that great amount of money, he walks up to a small town with 3 houses and 1 small food stand. He walked over to the stand and saw the poster again. He read it over again and saw that he was wanted by the king of Univa and Team Plasma that wanted to protect all the Magical Creatures on the planet.

He started to walk away and he heard a scream from a woman. “IT......IT......IT’S PROFESSOR MATTHEW! MACHAMP, GET HIM!!!!” A gray, 4 armed Magical Creature came out of the forest and looked ready to attack. “Machamp, use Megapunch!!” said the woman and the Machamp started to charge at Matthew.

“Serperior, use Leaf Blade!” Serperior cam out from behind Matthew and came in front. Then, a green swordlike light appeared on Serperior tail. Serperior then, hit the Leaf Blade on Machamp’s Megapunch to stop it.

“Machamp, use Megakick!!” said the woman. Machamp kicked at Serperior and hit it. Serperior flew back words and slammed into a tree.

“Serrrrrrrrrr” Serperior muttered when it got up.

“You can do it” Matthew cheared. Serperior got up and was ready to fight again. “Good, Serperior use Leaf Storm!” Serperior started to spin with leaves flying around it and it sent the Leaf Storm at Machamp. It hit Machamp it flew back and slammed into a tree and when right though it! The tree barely missed the small town. Machamp was knocked out.

“You won’t get to enslave all the Magical Creatures Professor” The woman said as she went to Machamp’s side.

“Hurry, lets go” Matthew said and he and his Magical Creatures ran out of the town.

30 Min later.......

Matthew continue to travel though the forest still wondering why he was wanted. But now, he was wondering why the king wanted him.

“I know. I must go strait to the king and demand he tell me. It’s risky, but I must know. In the mean time, I will travel to Opelucid City to meet Hayden.”

Chapter 3: Team Plasma’s Charge​

5 days had passed since the wanted posters were set up and Lord N was not happy. “Any word if Matthew was found?” Lord N asked one of the Team Plasma members.

“Not yet sir” said the minion.

There was a long silence and then Lord N replied, “Send in the men! Search every house and every forest. I WANT HIM DEAD OR ALIVE!”

The minion gulped and said, “As you wish sir.” He walked out of the room.

Somewhere near a place now called Route 7.....

“Lucario use Bone Rush!” Matthew has been battle another person that wanted the reward of 10 Gold Balls. The Bone Rush knocked out the person’s Emboar and Matthew bolts into the forest. At this point, he feels as if he is an outlaw. He had traveled for 5 days and he had encountered 34 people that wanted the reward.

He traveled for 1 more day passing a place know today as Icirrus City. He cam up to a great river. There was a small row boat left out by someone next to the shore. Matthew told his Magical Creatures to get in and they casted off to the other side.

When they arrived on the other side, they were greeted by 2 Team Plasma men. Each with a spear. “Get out of the boat and surrender!” said 1 of the men.

Matthew looked at Victini and said, “Victini use Zen Headbutt!” A blue light appeared on Victini’s head and it charged and rammed the 2 Team Plasma men.

Both flew into the air and into the distance yelling, “You won’t get away, you won’t destroy Team Plasma’s purpose..........” Matthew and his Magical Creatures jumped out of the boat and headed to a town in the distance. It was Opelucid City! As he walked up to the city, there was not a person in sight. He saw the house of Hayden and walked up to it.

When he touched the door, he heard a voice behind him say, “We have you surrounded, give up!” Matthew felt a great fear come over him as he turned to se who it was. It was at least 20 Team Plasma men.

Looks like they king is trying to get me by his men. Matthew thought to himself. His Magical Creatures were ready to fight and all the Team Plasma men stepped aside to let 2 great Luxrays come to attack Matthew’s Pokemon.

“Luxray up Thunder!” said 1 of the Team Plasma men and both Luxrays charged them self up with electric. They started to glow a bright yellow and then the let it go. A massive Electric attack hit all of Matthew’s Pokemon and the all fell to the ground Paralyzed.

“Oh no!” Matthew said in shock, he was trapped.

Chapter4: Matthew meets Hayden​

The Luxray glared at Matthew as they approached him. All of a sudden, a MASSIVE fire ball hit both the Luxray and they flew far away. Matthew looked to the side and saw a Charizard and next to it was a man. It was Hayden!

“Why you attacking my friend?” said Hayden, “Leave here.” The men ran away in fear falling over almost everything in the way. 2 even ran into a wall! “HAHA, are you ok Matthew?” Hayden said as he helped up Matthew up. “Did you need something. I’m sure you did come this far just to say hi to me and leave right?”

“Why, yes. I do need something.” Matthew replied. “I need you to make more of these devices.” Matthew gave him the device he made and they went into Hayden’s shop. Matthew waited for hours for Hayden to finish the 3 copies he wanted. Matthew walked back and forth in the store and his Magical Creatures asleep. Matthew started to mess with a glass figure of a man on a shelf and an arm broke off! He panicked and sat the arm behind the figure and walked away like nothing happened. Hours later, Hayden made 2 fully working replicas of the device.

“What is this thing?” Hayden asked.

“It can contain a Magical Creature.” Matthew answered. “But, I don’t have a name for it.”

“Why not Pokeball?” Hayden replied. “it can fit in you Pocket and it’s a ball”

“Great idea!!” Matthew said exited.

“And you can call the Magical Creatures Pokemon” Hayden added. “Also the same idea, pocket monsters” Matthew was filled with joy with renaming the creatures of the world. Matthew threw the Pokeballs at his Pokemon and sealed them in the brown ball. “WOW!!!!” Hayden said as he marveled. “So, were are you going?”

“I need to get to the king” Matthew answered.

“Well, why?” Hayden asked.

“I need to find out why I am wanted” Matthew replied.

“Well, thats a long time away. I can send you on Charizard to get to the king’s castle north of here” Hayden commented.

“Thanks” Matthew said, “Lets go”

Chapter 5: The Final Battle​

“Charizard is ready to go Matthew!” Hayden said “You will get there fast!” Matthew jumped on Charizard and before Matthew could say something, Charizard was off going 20 MPS! Matthew looked fearful when Charizard was going at high speeds. 10 minutes passed and the came to a huge castle. Charizard flew to a window and smashed it with it’s tail. Matthew jumped inside and Charizard flew back to the town. Matthew scanned the room only to see weapons. He went through the door and looked around. No team Plasma men in sight. He rushed down the hallway and went up the stairs at the end of the hall. Ran down the next hall to the end and went up those stairs. He did this 2 more times and then came to a large door. He went in.

“What is in here?” he said to him self as he walked in. He look down the hall and saw a chair with a man in it. “That must be the king!”

He raced into the room getting closer to the king until the king said, “What do you want?”

“Why am I wanted?” Asked Matthew, “I need to know”

“If you must Professor Matthew.” Lord K answered and he came out of the shadows to show his face with green hair, “You are tying to enslave all the Magical Creatures!

“It's for making owning a Magica...uh.....Pokemon easier to have.” Matthew said madly and he threw his Pokeball and Serperior appeared.

“What is this sorcery?!?!” Lord K said in shock. “Garchomp, get ride of these pests.” The Garchomp guarding him came out and charged at Serperior.

“Serperior, use Leaf Storm.” Matthew said and Serperior attacked knocked the Garchomp back, but only harmed a little.

“Garchomp, Hyper Beam!” said Lord K. An orange ball of energy formed in each Garchomp’s mouth and they fired a beam of that energy. Serperior missed both of them and the Garchomp fell to one knee.

“Serperior return!” Matthew commanded. A red beam of light came from he Pokeball and pulled Serperior into the ball. “Go Victini!” Victini came out of another Pokeball. “Use Zen Headbutt!” Victini attack each Garchomp with a massive blow knocking them out.

Lord K was in silence and smiled, “Can you beat my next Magical Creature?” Out of the shadows, a Hydreigon appeared.

Matthew withdrew his Pokemon and sent out Lucario. “Lucario, use Bone Rush!” Matthew commanded.

“Hydreigon, Protect!” Lord K said. A blueish wall appeared in front of Hydreigon and blocked all attacks. “Hydreigon, use Fire Blast” Hydreigon sent the large ball of fire at Lucario and before Lucario could react, Lucario was knocked out. Matthew returned Lucario and sent out Serperior.

“Serperior use Frenzy Plant!” Matthew said. Serperior had a tree appear in it’s tail and swung it at Hydreigon. It hit and Hydreigon flew back taking little damage. “What?!” Matthew said in shock.

“Hydreigon, use Fire Blast!” Lord K demanded and Hydreigon knocked out Serperior like Lucario. Matthew was down to Victini and he sent it out. He thought of what attack to use and said, “Victini, USE GIGA IMPACT!!” Victini charged at Hydreigon with great speed and became surrounded with pink energy and yellow in the front branch out behind like a comet. The shoe was on the other foot and Giga Impact hit Hydreigon before it could react making it fly back at the king’s chair. Lord K jumped out just in time before Hydreigon slammed into the chair and Hydreigon was knocked out!

“H............h..........how did you..........win” Lord K said. What no one knew was that Hydreigon flew back and slammed the wall, making the wall crumble. Loud cracks were heard. Both, Matthew and Lord K, looked and saw the wall cracked! The wall fell apart. Matthew ran out of the room. But, Lord K was stopped by a part of the ceiling that fell in front of the door.

“RUN!!!!!, LOOK OUT!!!!!!!, AH!!!!!!” said most of the Team Plasma men as they ran out. Matthew ran out with the crying Team Plasma and when he was far away, look at the castle it fell. He saw all the Pokemon run away from the castle and Lord K disappeared.

Chapter 6: The Pokeball Makes History​

Matthew is now 80 years old. He is a very rich and famous person. He is the inventor of the Pokeball that is used by millions! After he got away from the king’s castle, he got back to Hayden and together they mass produced the Pokeball and sold them. They caught on fast. By the end of 1660 they had sold more than 10,000 Pokeballs. By 1680 they sold almost 100,000,000 Pokeballs! Matthew and Hayden became rich. By 1690 they expanded the business all over the planet. With the creation of the Pokeball, people could get Pokemon much easier. Magical Creatures were eventually called Pokemon.

As for the government of Univa, they took in the idea of Democracy. And Team Plasma faded away forever................or not. It was thought to be gone but it was secretly going on for a long time.

Later, in 1728, Matthew finds out that Victini is being used for it’s power. Many Victini died off due to this. Matthew uses a small portion of his money to buy a small island. He called it Liberty Garden. No one knew about this island, not until around 300 years later. Matthew put Victini on that island and keep him there forever. Victini did die, but he had a family continued the family tree. But 250 years later, all the Victini died of leaving the last one living at liberty Island.

Matthew died at the age of 94. His name, forgot from history.

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Thanks for reading.

Last edited:
^I always knew I had talent. I wrote a story for 4th grade and is was only suppose to be at least 2 pages and I made it 5. :biggrin:

Back