Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

how would this correctly resolve

Bruggy

glacion md 20/100 has a DRE attached and attacks with ice shot do you still do the 10 to the bench and the 30 to the defending

because the DRE the main attack goes to 20

Is the damage to the bench reduced to 0

Im not going to say my answer it makes it that much sweeter when i prove im right lol

Due to the way Double Rainbow reads, Ice Shot does 20 damage to your opponent's Active Pokemon (the Defending) and no damage to your opponent's Benched Pokemon.

Both the damage to the active and to the bench is reduced by 10 w/ DRE. So if the attack does 10 to the bench, it would be 0 w/ DRE.

Both the damage to the active and to the bench is reduced by 10 w/ DRE. So if the attack does 10 to the bench, it would be 0 w/ DRE.

from a pokemon professor thank you for the answer now maybe this wont come up again and stop someone from harassing me. How long has this card been out and people still dont get it lol thanks man

Yes, DRE reduces ALL damage done to your opponents pokemon by 10. That means bench as well.

However if you have a pokemon that does 10 damage to all benched pokemon in play and he has DRE your opponent's pokemon damage would be reduced to 0 and your benched pokemon still recieve 10.

However if you have a pokemon that does 10 damage to all benched pokemon in play and he has DRE your opponent's pokemon damage would be reduced to 0 and your benched pokemon still recieve 10.
Yep. DRE does not reduce damage your guys do to themselves.

It's like attacking with a double-edged sword that's blunt on one side.

So going by how the card is worded, if the Articuno attacked with Blizzard while having a Double Rainbow(Yes I know its a basic, just stating it as an example) and got a Heads on the coin flip it would do 50 to the defending and none to their bench, but on a tails it would do 50 to the defending and 10 to all of your bench. Correct?

Back