How's my Salemance/Mightyena/Medicham

Discussion in 'Electronic Games' started by Ancient Pokemon Trainer, Mar 22, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
  1. Okay I want to get those whatever there called sheildes so i'm entering my 100s.If you have beeten the battle tower please say your pokes stats or anything else efecting how they battle like items.If you havent beaten it then help these pokemon please.

Mightyena100
    Theif
    Crunch
    Iron Tail
    Protect

Medicham100
    Pcychic
    High Jump Kick
    Recover
    Reversal

Salemence100
    Crunch
    Hyper Beam
    Fly
    Dragonbreath

2. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

Mightyena: Thief isn't the greatest attack move. Replace it with flamethrower. Iron tail can be useful, you might want to try using double-edge. Replace protect with double team.

Medicham: Nice moveset, but replace reversal with return.

Salamence: Replace dragonbreath with dragonclaw, fly with bulk up, and hyper beam with return.

3. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

First off, I dont think Mightyena is strong enough to beat the BT with... I would honestly replace it... I dont know why people think he is so good, but he is not... IMO... really, I like him alot, and wish this werent true, but if you wanna beat the tower, or Colesuem, please move on to something better...

Medicham.... this guy is interesting... dont know if he is good enough or not, but I like his combination of Fighting and Psychic... Ditch Reversal, and add either calm Mind, or Return like Ky said, or maybe a needed Elemental punch... maybe ditch High Jump Kick with Brick Break... stops screeners, and doesnt hurt you when you miss.....

Hmmmm, now I actually use Sal on my level 100 team... though he is more of a Physical sweeper.... here is mines move set...

Sal @ Shell Bell /Serious
    Dragon Dance
    Dragon Claw (nice variety + STAB)
    Aerial Ace (STAB makes htis worth using, as does never misses!)
    Return/Earthquake

he is very well rounded, spend as many turns as you like to DD up, generally 1-2 for me, with no healuing til I attack, and go for bust....

The rest of my team besides Sal is....

Swapert @ Lefties / Hardy
    E-quake
    Return
    Surf
    Ice Beam

Blazekin @ Scope Lense / Docile
    Blaze Kick
    Slash
    Rock Slide
    Sky Uppercut (didnt feel like wasting a Brick Break tm)

4. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

your sal is pretty good, but your swampert is trying to do too much there.

5. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

The only questionable attack I had on Swampy was Return, but I needed/wanted Ice Beam, kept Surf and E-Quake for STAB, and good all around attack.... so what should final move be....?

6. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

your swampert has no support moves. all it does is attack. Thats a huge weakness to leave open.

7. I don't realy like your guys suggestions.Have you beeten the BT?

8. Marril

Marril New Member

Also, try to list your EVs with your team. It really can make a lot of difference in your stats. Salamance, for example, depending on EVs and personality, can be a really good special attacker or a Dragon Dancer or whathaveyou.

9. Marril

Marril New Member

Yeah, EVs. They affect your stats somewhat, mainly as a feature added to prevent six-way-maxing. Go here for a better explanation than I can give (it's the first guide I could find that explained EVs at all).

10. It didn't axplane.Could oyu just axplane right here?

11. Marril

Marril New Member

Oh for the love of Pete. I dunno why I'm doing this for someone who can't spell "you" or "explain." Here:

12. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

I've beaten BT. If you don't like our suggestions, that's fine.

13. Marril please do not insult me I accedently spelled you ans explane wrong I was typing fast.Ojay EV's...if a pokemon is on Lv100 and doesn't have 510 EV's it can still get more right?Also battle tower doesn't give EV's right?Kyfogre22 thanks for understanding different people have different ways of playing the game I like my Medicham combo Hi Jump Kick if miss lose HP Reversal lost HP more damage if to much low HP Recover back ready to fight again and Pcychic does lots of damage oh and congradulations on beating the BT even if that was a long time ago.Is Milotic on Lv100 good?

14. Marril

Marril New Member

I'm not insulting you. If typing quickly is your problem, I would advise taking the minute it requires to look over your post before posting it, and fixing any spelling errors. But to answer your questions:

1. Yes, you can get EVs past level 100. However, I'm pretty sure you need to box them to see the changes.
    2. Battle Tower gives neither experience nor EVs.
    3. Milotic makes a good annoyer. Plus it gets Recover.

You could also slap Bulk Up on your Medicham. Brick Break is also a good choice. Also, use Shadow Ball. Shadow Ball is your friend.

15. Spectreon

Spectreon New Member

Have I beat Battle Tower, the answer is a simple yes, over 100 logged wins, and a gold sheild to prove it...

Also, locally I am one of, if not the best RuSa player around. I am currently 6-0 in GBA Tourneys, so I know what I am talking about.

As far as EVs go, the more you understand these, and the rest of the game, the better off you will be, and the better trainer you will be for it. EV training and Natures make a huge difference in wether you are a sub par or a good trainer...

16. Maybe I'll take out Pcychic for Shadow Ball.

Last edited: Mar 28, 2004
  17. Kyfogre22

Kyfogre22 New Member

I'm 107-12. But that's a story for another day, now is not the time to discuss records.

Before you do that, check the attack and s. attack of the pokémon you're swapping attacks on. Also, watch out for STAB.

18. Marril

Marril New Member

The whole issue on Attack/SAttack is why Medicham is so deadly with Shadow Ball. Pure Power plus maxed Attack EVs an appropriate nature equals pain to ghosts, which Hi Jump Kick or Brick Break can't hit. I don't know why Ghost is Attack-based, but it is (unless they changed it), and probably to nerf Gengar in G/S/C.

19. STAB?Well anyways I'll switch to Shadow Ball and see if I get to 50 this time last time I got 40 something and I realy want a silver sheild + gold sheild.