I hate to say I told you so...

Discussion in 'TCG News & Gossip Discussion' started by Tyranitar666, Apr 3, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Ok, the Ohio State Championship is now done and over with, and horribly disturbing results are in...exactly as I described in my warnings earlier about the broken problem that is Blaziken EX.

We had two seperate top 8s....one for 15+ and 1 for 14-....ten of the top 16 decks were Blaziken decks. I think 15+ had a disturbing 13 Blaziken decks in the field...out of I believe 25ish players.

I used Blaziken EX and went undefeated headed into the top 8. 2nd place was also Blaziken. I believe 3rd place was as well. I lost round 1 of the top 8...guess what to? Blaziken EX. All but one of the Blaziken EX decks in t8 lost to another Blaziken list...and the other deck was a Swampert Latias list, whose Blaziken opponent had a really bad start. I had faced the Swampert list and had a weak start vs it and still beat it despite appearing like it had me beat for sure. Nothing beat Blaziken but Blaziken. Even the Muk EX deck did not do enough to stop it. This is EXACTLY like I said it would be, isn't it? One States tournament has come and gone...and Blaziken won the St. Louis event as well I believe... when will something be done about this? It isn't even close to balanced and its not getting any better. Proof is rolling in that my fears about this card are real...you cannot deny evidence.

2. ShinAkuma

ShinAkuma New Member

yes I 2 am fearing blaz/ex and all the power it will have at any state championships. I think that nintendo should do something about this. :pokeball:

3. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

I think the best we can do to wait it out and let Nintendo see just how right our fears were....oh well...I tried to stop it. No one listened.

4. ToysRUsKid

ToysRUsKid Active Member

I guess Wishcash made an good appearing.

Well, we'll see something happen after states is overwith. Thats my guess, and I think the RS Blaze will be the one to go, because Blaze EX is useless without it. Look at Typhlo EX as an example.

5. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

But Typhlosion EX sucks...thats the difference ;) And yes....please listen to us Nintendo...do something. I don't care what, just honestly balance this deck.

6. Pidgeotto Trainer

Pidgeotto Trainer New Member

They must either ban it or release Blastoise ex ASAP. If its not in the June set (which I don't think it is supposed to be) then goodbye Nationals and maybe Stadium Challenges. In fact I have an even better idea, release Blastoise ex right now as a promo. Save the rest of the States.

7. Jason

Jason New Member

They should ban Blaziken Ex from tournaments.......

8. Dark Sneasel

Dark Sneasel New Member

What were the vip packages?

9. Tyranitar666

Tyranitar666 New Member

Blastoise EX is strong but not enough to completely counter Blaziken...I already have the perfect counter for Blastoise EX...Ampharos EX. Blaziken decks often run Ampharos in them for BAR varients. Adding Amphy EX as well ( 1 or 2 ) gives you increased Water protection, defeats Flygon decks handily, AND against Blastoise gives you 150 HP of water fighting power that also makes your opponent take TWENTY per energy they attach. This card will make it dead even at best. Blastoise EX is not going to be the end all to Blaziken like people say it will be. Theres SOOOO many different cards i see Blaziken running if needed that give it just the chance it needs vs Blastoise EX. Don't believe me if you don't want, but I was right about Blaziken EX....I think you'll see it only get worse.

10. Xeno

Xeno New Member

Hmm...I guess the idea of playing my Sceptile deck for a SC is out of the question. Man, it's gonna be boring to battle the same kind of decks over and over again!

11. Prime

Prime Content Developer<br>Blog Admin<br>Contest Host

Now lets realize people that just because one state championship is filled with the same deck type, not all state championships will have the results.

edit: I'd just like to add more to this subject.

We all knew it was going to happen. NOT because the card was broken, but because it got so much hype. I mean when half the world is calling a card god and saying how it should be banned and how it will dominate every deck out there, sure people will play the card, even if they don't even know what it does. Also, lets look at the math.

13/27 14+ decks were blaziken decks. Meaning, they might not even had blaziken EX in them. And even at that, thats only 48.1% of all decks from 14+ playing blaziken which isn't a large leap from what happened at the city championships BEFORE blaziken EX was released.

3/11 11- decks were blaziken decks. WOW that is so being used SO much /sarcasm.

I hate to say it, but I think this is all in everyone's minds. Blaziken was already being played more than any other deck, so when a upgrade comes out for it, it gets played even more. But not to the point that everyone is playing that, as you can see in the math I did above. Before state championships it was gardevior and blaziken, gardevior hasn't gotten any stronger, and blaziken has, so more gardevior players have moved to blaziken which would result in the same overall effect as was shown at the ohio's state championship.

Last edited: Apr 3, 2004
  12. Pidgeotto Trainer

You might be right but if they rotate out Amphy exp then there won't be room. You have to have room for Switches, Amphy exp or Team Aqua's Manectric. Only the Amphy exp has room for the Amphy ex tech. If you tried to put it and Switches in a normal Blaziken deck something will have to give. Btw, Walrein is atleast not weak to Electric and if played right the extra damage won't matter too much since your just gonna Milotic it away. (or Pokemon Nurse a benched pokemon if it is not rotated out.)

13. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

"Are you ready Kabutops?"
    "KABUTOPS!!!"
    "Are you ready to lay the smackdown on Blaziken?"
    "KABUTOPS!!!"
    "Kabutops, are you ready to bring down the beast!"
    "KABUTOPS!!!"

(Copies Prof. Zuver's StoryTelling)
    Kabutops EX walks outside and looks around to meet up with the gatherings of Kingdra EX, Sceptile, Swampert, Omastar, Suicine EX. and Ampharos EX.
    Kabutops EX approaches and looks up to Gardevoir.
    They both stare each other, knowing that they are sworn enemies.
    Kabutops EX starts to walk with the rest of the Pokemon but turn around and look at Gardy.
    Gardevoir nods it's head and follows behind them to make their way to the States Championships. And they all know that they are going to bring down the evil force that is Blaziken.

14. Pidgeotto Trainer

amerX]"Are you ready Kabutops?"
    "KABUTOPS!!!"
    "Are you ready to lay the smackdown on Blaziken?"
    "KABUTOPS!!!"
    "Kabutops, are you ready to bring down the beast!"
    "KABUTOPS!!!"

(Copies Prof. Zuver's StoryTelling)
    Kabutops EX walks outside and looks around to meet up with the gatherings of Kingdra EX, Sceptile, Swampert, Omastar, Suicine EX. and Ampharos EX.
    Kabutops EX approaches and looks up to Gardevoir.
    They both stare each other, knowing that they are sworn enemies.
    Kabutops EX starts to walk with the rest of the Pokemon but turn around and look at Gardy.
    Gardevoir nods it's head and follows behind them to make their way to the States Championships. And they all know that they are going to bring down the evil force that is Blaziken.[/QUOTE]

Kabutops ex turns the corner and a Rayquaza ex comes down and ko's it with Dragon Burst. Seeing the huge burst of powerful flames, the other pokemon head back to HQ, cowering in fear.

15. Kyogre

Kyogre <a href="http://pokegym.net/gallery/browseimages.p

Someone gives Kabutops a Crystal Shard, and with a burning desire in his eyes, he KOs the Rayquaza in one swift slash. As Rayquaza hits the ground Kabutops and the gang turn towards a dark horizon. Blaziken EX is ahead. . .

16. TrueGamerX

TrueGamerX New Member

Dang I forgot about Rayquaza EX.

(Again copies Zuver's Storytelling)
    Aerodactyl EX flies in and hits for 120! KO! (Discards Boost)

Good ending there Kyogre.

17. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Now, couldn't the whole RAMBO problem just be solved if they limited prizes in all official tournaments to 4? ;P

18. GodTrainer

GodTrainer Member

all i have to say to that is WOW.....just WOW :rolleyes:

19. Pidgeotto Trainer

Thats a terrible idea. Would make the game more luck IMO. A better deck might stall by giving up prizes and then just dominate the endgame to win.

20. Cyrus

Cyrus Iron Chef - Master Emeritus

Lol, thought I was serious? =/

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.