Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I must be insane (unlimited)

Status
Not open for further replies.

dld4a

Feature Writer
I was thinking about making a modified deck and trying to figure out if there is any way to use mysterious fossil, claw fossil, and root fossil to stall then at the last minute bring out a super powered rayquaza to win the game when I decided that probably won't work because I don't think there is any non attack way to get the fossils back into my hand or my deck in modified. So I jumped to unlimited. I decided that trying to get a rayquaza powered probably wouldn't work because of gust, so my best shot might be to use a tyrogue w/ a focus band to try to get an early ko and then scoop him up and not play any more basics for the rest of the game. This was my first attempt.

Pokemon (3)
3 tyrogue

Trainers (46)
4 claw fossil
4 root fossil
4 mysterious fossil
4 cleffairy doll
4 focus band
4 trash exchange
4 computer search
4 item finder
4 town volunteers
4 scoop up
3 gust of wind
3 resistance gym

Energy (11)
11 basic (pick your color)

Then it occurred to me that dark vileplume and slowking would own this deck like nobody’s business, so I needed a way to shut down powers. There are 4 that I can think of muk, muk ex, slaking, and magby. Muk I think will work best.

Pokemon (9)
3 tyrogue
3 grimer
3 muk

Trainers (43)
4 claw fossil
4 root fossil
4 mysterious fossil
4 cleffairy doll
4 trash exchange
4 computer search
4 item finder
3 town volunteers
3 focus band
3 resistance gym
3 scoop up
3 gust of wind

Energy (8)
basic (pick your color)

Now you might think that a self-destruct could clear my bench and leave me with no pokemon to make active but there is a way to play this deck so that that is impossible, unless there is one that does 40 to each bench, but I think they all do 20.
Skyridge magnaton has an attack that would be able to clear my bench if it has enough energy attached, but if I played it right w/ rogue I might even get a legitimate win.
What do you think am I insane to even think of this deck?

Last edited:
Actually, this reminds me of a deck Maverick Hunter Zero and I cooked up a couple of months ago. The idea was the same -- keep Pokemon and Energy down to a bare minimum, and use Trainers to stall out the opponent as much as possible. You really only need to specifically counter Cleffa (Tyrogue should be sufficient) and Slowking (Muk's good for that). BTW, if instead of Basic Energy, you use Recycle Energy, you can use this deck with just 4 Energy, using those other 4 slots for SER. After all, it's not like you're going to be attacking much.

why the 3 town vols???? if u use the recycles, which i would encourage.............. then u have no use for town vols

and u must go 4-4- removals in a deck like this

whatever yo, have fun with it

the reason to use basic nrg and not recycle is to re-thicken your deck so you don't lose that way. you don't need er or ser because once you get your 1 ko you no longer care if your opponet attacks or not. the one thing this deck may need is some kind of drawing engine other than just comp., but i'll have to play test it to find that out. thanks for the suggestions.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back