Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

I need a "modified" deck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pkmn Master Dom

Ok, i'm new to playing the pokemon tcg and have just collected so far. i need to make a good "modified" deck to take to the south east challenge as i want to start playing the game properly.

i should have a Ex Team Magma Vs. Team Aqua booster box by then, its may 30th.

i have hardly any energy cards, though, like 1 of each type and 0 water, so i need to find some befroe i make a deck.

i dont know any good combos or the best types to use, and i dont want to use a preconstructed deck as ive heard they are no way near as good as personalised decks.

please some one give me some tips o building a deck.

This thread will probably be locked pretty quickly. I have a couple of links in my signature leading to some tips I wrote a little while back. Take a look at them, and see if they help.

dkates said:
This thread will probably be locked pretty quickly. I have a couple of links in my signature leading to some tips I wrote a little while back. Take a look at them, and see if they help.

why will it be locked? i just really need a deck for se challenge 6. it is right near my house in elephant castle.

Pkmn Master Dom said:
why will it be locked? i just really need a deck for se challenge 6. it is right near my house in elephant castle.

Because I believe the rules here are that you post a 60 card deck you want to have fixed. No more, no less. And then others use the thread to post their ideas, regardless of what cards you have or not. They are meant as guidelines.

Anyway, try making a deck of you own, with cards released from Expedition or later series, and edit it into your first post. Then people can start giving you ideas.

Last edited:
It would be locked it it was "Build me a deck" type post. But "please some one give me some tips o building a deck." is allowed. dkates has already helped by pointing out some links to get some tips. Read them. Anybody else can add some tips to building a MF deck. Course you can try reading the MF decks posted (about 97% of decks posted are MF) to see what is/could be/will be played.

When your first starting out buying a starter deck may not be a bad idea, just to get energys. If you decide to do that ask on here, there are people who can tell you which one to get. You'll want to pay attention to the NRG type you want, and some have a few good cards in them.

Welcome to the world of competitive Pokemon! We will, as mentioned, not normally build decks for people but I will nevertheless be a little more specific that usual.

Starting with a box of Magma/Aqua makes it natural for you to make a deck based on these Pokemon. I have a preference for the Aqua Pokemon, but you may have to adapt to what you get in the box. Pray that you get a Blaziken EX or Swampert EX in your box, that can be traded for serious stuff (at least 3-4 regular foils).

The trick to the Aqua deck is to be able to use the special Aqua trainers, particularly Archie (you should get 4 in a box). Aim for a balance of about 20 Pokemon, 18 energy and 22 trainers. My deck would look something like this

3 Aqua's Electrike
3 Aqua's Manectric (at least one is mandatory, ideally 3 of the holo version)
3 Aqua's Carvanha (the one that can confuse)
3 Aqua's Sharpedo (preferable the holo version)
2 Aqua's Poochhyane
2 Aqua's Mighthyena
2 Aqua's Kyogre
2 Aqua's Walrein (can only come into play with Archie!)

I have aimed for a good selection of Aqua Pokemon with a good spread in weakness. You will probably have to make significant adjustments since it is unlikely that you will get (or even trade for) all this.

You would then use 4 Darkness energy and something like 9 Water and 5 Electric. You can easily trade for the darkness energy or perhaps get a Gym leader to give you some promos, you can get the other energy through trade or through the purchase of theme decks that comes with plenty of energy (I don't think there is one that specifically comes with this combination though). You will also get some energy if you participate in a prerelease tornament this coming weekend. Darkness energy is not expensive on ebay (the new M&A Pokemon will be!).

I will leave finding 22 suitable trainers up to you, just remember that Archie is mandatory in a deck like this.

This deck will probably not be as strong as BAR, Gardevoir and Ampharos (you can easily find deck listings for those), but it should be decent and not embarrass you in any way. Make another posting with what you can build when you get the box and we might be able to be more specific.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back