Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

If I max out a Pokemon's Base Stat (EVs)

I asked this on a few other sites and so far no one has given me the same anwser so I figured I would aske the VG Experts

If I max out a Pokemon's Base Stat (EVs)

Is it safe to Rare Candy it to level 100 if I maxed it out at Level 1 using the Super Training.

Or do I still need to battle with it till level 100 for its stats to go up the right amount.

Some people says that it will get the same stats if I use Rare Candy others have said No it would be weaker then normal

Rare Candy away- your fine.

It is a totally different story if you did not EV train, so it is correct that if you leveled up to 100 using only Rare Candies that it would be weaker then an EV trained Pokémon.
Don't forget that IV's and Nature can effect an end result as well.

Rare Candy away- your fine.

It is a totally different story if you did not EV train, so it is correct that if you leveled up to 100 using only Rare Candies that it would be weaker then an EV trained Pokémon.
Don't forget that IV's and Nature can effect an end result as well.

This is true, but Pokemon can still gain EVs from battles if they're lv 100. So even if you've gotten them to lv 100 it's not too late to EV them, or reset EVs. But the story that using Rare Candy to get an EV trained Pokemon to lv 100 will result in weaker stats is simply wrong.

To more clarify on what Pikamaster said, in the games prior to XY, EV stats were calculated upon level-up, meaning if you rare-candied the pokemon to 100, then that was it and it couldn't gain any EV stats at all, so in that context, a trained 100 would be vastly superior to a candied 100. Starting with XY, pokemon EV stats are calculated upon each battle, so in theory you can candy to 100, then EV train, then if you did super training, fight 1 battle and watch the stats grow. XY made breeding and training alot easier compared to previous games

EV's work differently depending on the gen so stick with duke's answer, but as a general rule: that myth is fake. rare candies don't make the pokemon weaker in any way, they just up one perfect level. If you ev train a pkmn at level 1 or 10 or 50 until maxed, then rare candy it to 100, it will be as strong as one that fought until the same level. This for every pokemon not-spinoff game

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back