Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Illinois State Championships, April 17th- Prizes and Roll Call added!!

soslowpoke

I was quite pleasantly surprised with the email I got this morning saying Pastimes wishes to support Pokemon more fully, as to them it looks like its here for a while. (In spite the fact that people should be moving on to other things...but yeah :D)

So here's the details for states...

Date: Saturday, April 17th 2004
Location: Pastimes in Niles (www.pastimes.net for phone and address)
Registration Start: Noon
Entry Fee: $10 (City Champions that bring their 1st place medals will receive their VIP package and half price discount)
What you need:
-Completed Deck Registration sheet (decklist would do)
-POP ID if you have one- YES! From now on all events will be sanctioned!
-60 card Modified Deck
-Money for Side Events

PRIZES
Prizes are awarded to the top 8 players in each age category. The age categories are; Under 10, 11-14 and 15 and up. (Any unclaimed prizes will be sent back to POP)

Everyone who registers receives State Championships Promo Card!
Top eight finishers in each of the 3 recognized age categories receive the following prizes.

1st Place
State Champion Award
1 Display Box of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua
Two round bye at the National Championships
A Stage One VIP Package containing cool Pokémon Merchandise. This package will be awarded upon onsite registration at the National Championship event at Origins Game Fair.

2nd Place
18 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

3rd Place
9 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

4th Place
9 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

5th through 8th Place
4 Booster Packs of Pokémon-e TCG: EX Team Magma vs Team Aqua

Other promos will be awarded to all participants and winners

SIDE EVENTS!
We will have the following side events!

1.) Modified Constructed Tourney
This will be a single elimination tournament that will start approximately Round 4 (if we do 6 rounds) that will be available for anyone wishing to drop from the main event. We hope to get this one finished by the time the main events top 8s are over.

2.) EX Sealed
This event will take place right after main event is finished. Participants will each receive one (1) theme deck AT RANDOM from one of the EX expansions (thats 8 different possibilities) plus 3 corresponding boosters from the set their theme deck belongs to. After 30 minute deck construction, players will end up with a 40 card deck (includes energy). There will then be no more than 4 swiss rounds with no T8 cut.

If there's enough interest for extra pickup events we can run them as well.
Price for these are TBD

So let us know if you're gonna come on over and any other questions you may have :D

Last edited:
Excellent, As stated before, I will definitely be there playing in as many events as possible, and at half price too :D

::gets CC Medallion Ready::

*Gets CC Medallion that I won and remembers when Will and I drew WAY BACK on Feb. 7th at the Brookfield CC so we both won*

Oh yea... I'll be there. Half price, as well!

Though I do not see the point of running a Modified Constructed tourney during rounds of the main event. That may encourage people to drop who I've played, lower my resistance, and make me lose by .00001% resistance like I usually do. Also, I think people should have ENOUGH Modified Constructed play after the main event, eh?

I do like the sounds of that Limited tournament though... Could you sanction the 4 round Limited tournament? That way, I can move from 20th in the world (in Limited) to like top 10 (in Limited) so I have extremely good bragging rights?

Last edited:
Hey Sean, you can thank me later for getting pastimes to "more fully support" pokemon. If you wanna know the details I will tell you later.

So far confirming their attendance we have...
ilc
Shdwchu
Pooka
TheDeuce
HypnosProject
bullados
AXE
JasonthePwnda
dld4a
kingkyle's brother
CHARIZARDMASTERTRAINER
Pokekid
laritung
and son
The_Matrix999
Ice'Cold...playing?!?!? :O

That's at least 16...who else?

Doing both... the extra constructed tourney will take place during the main event and top 8 while the sealed will start right after T8 is over.

Anyone rather do unlimited constructed instead of modified?

Actually, if the tournament were after the main event instead, I wouldn't mind Unlimited. In fact, my Unlimited deck has never been played in a tourney. Its never lost though... ;)

How bout starting the first Constructed side tourney after all of the States Swiss rounds, and then starting the Sealed Deck after all the Elimination rounds?

How is the tourney gonna be ran. Like is it going to be a overall top 8 cut or top 8 cut for each age group? if anyone knows please LMK. thanx

soslowpoke said:
Won't be able to get the constructed done in time to correspond with the top 8

Constructed = 4 rounds Swiss, single game play

Top 8 = 3 rounds single elimination, preferrably match play

I don't see what the problem is here...

Also note, pursuant to PUSA it is not a top 8 you are guaranteed, it is approximately 1/4 of your age division, which would be a top 2, top 4 or top 8 depending on your numbers.

In MO we had 52 players, and still there was only a top 4 for 10-, top 4 for 11-14 and top 8 for 15+.

So just because you look around and only see 6 players in your division, do not think you are guaranteed top 8! Just a little warning for those who would otherwise feel jipped.

OK, that is the end of my posts on this thread. I will see you when I see you.

Meganium45

Back