Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Indiana State championship report

Status
Not open for further replies.

YoungJohn06

Okay, first off this was a really fun tournament. Thanks annisarich and the other judges (dunno your names on here) for a great tournament. :)

Here's the deck I used

Pokemon: 21

x4 Dunsparce
x4 Torchic 2/2 dragon/RS singe
x1 Combusken (flare)
x4 Blaziken RS
x2 Blaziken Ex
x2 Skitty
x2 Delcatty
x2 Rayquaza ex

Trainers: 22

x2 Copycat
x3 Prof. Oaks Research
x4 Oracle
x4 Rare Candy
x1 Town Volunteers
x4 TV reporter
x2 Switch
x2 Warp Point
x1 Pokemon Nurse

Energy: 16

x12 Fire
x2 Multi
x2 Lightning

Round 1 - Kingdra ex (can't remember name)

I got set up fairly quick and they had a slow start... not much else to say he didn't get much out besides dunsparce and horseas and one kindgra AQ.

1-0 3 points

Round 2 - Kingdra ex different kid can't remember name

I got crap hand he got a fast set up turn three kingdra and just started pounding at me so I lost...

1-1 3 points

Round 3 - Swampert ex (can't remember name once again)

I got slow start once again and he just did same as the kingdra got out fast and beat my butt cause of weaknessand crap

1-2 3 points LOVELY HUH

Round 4 - Blaziken ex... no name again

FINALLY A GOOD HAND I got set up fast he didn't just like it normally goes for me one person gets set up the other gets crap... I got out blaz/rays too fast and crushed him.

2-2 6 points

Round 5 - final swiss round Gardevoir - can't remember name.

He got a gardevoir ex out but I got up fast enough to deal with it OHKOed it with ray and it was all down hill after that... I won 3-2 9 points

Cut to top 4... I made it THANK GOD!

top 4 was match play.

Match 1 kingdra deck that beat me earlier... I was like greaaaat. However I got better starts and won both games without much problems.

Match 2 - Justin Can't remember name Swampert/suicuneex/magneton/delcatty

Game one I got a nice start with dunsparce /catty however no fire energy to go with it and he had draw power and all he needed... he one game 1 all that really happened was I TRIED to stall to get something to help but no such luck.

Game two -

We both start with dunsparce and are basically matching eachother move for move turn two x2 blaz and same for him with x2 swampert... It was a really long game he was ahead 3-6 cause of my dunsparces/skitty I koed his magneton with blaziken getting a prize then he koed my blaz I played torchic got a new blaz OHKOed swampert with ray he had no energy on the other swampert so I was safe... I had the speed to keep building/attacking he had a major slowdown with no magneton and no energy which allowed me to win.

1-1...

Game three final match

I started with a skitty... he started with mudkip and I thought for sure he'd second turn swampert ex me so I warppointed his magnemite out and was safe... he evolved to a marshtomp and attached energy to marshtomp I had delcatty in hand and got a oracle/energy draw for a dunsparce blaziken as I had a candy in hand and got delcatty out sars and it all went my way then... I got out a quick blaz ex and koed his marshtomp and he was left with dunsparces and mudkips. They were really very good games though and very hard. Congrats Justin for making it that far.

I won the 15+ state champ for Indiana :D

Anyway more to come later I'm really tired.. not had much sleep later!

GREAT JOB! Well deserved people should win their states. Its only natural I guess. Boy, hard to imagine all the water decks that were built to specifically counter Blaziken EX. Meanwhile at my states there were a million Blaziken Decks and like 3 Water decks. Either way you pulled through. Good report too.

A brave thing that you dared to go so low on the energy. Although 2 Multi makes up for a little more damage, 12 fire and 2 lightning is low. But you won, so I guess that proves it can be done.

Congrats!

Venusaur said:
Why aren't you on AIM?!

Maybe he blocked you all! O_O_O_O

This deck looks strangely familiar...not sure WHERE I've seen it...

Kiddin', great job, lucky ya go into t4 with a 3-2 record...why couldn't I have done that???

GL at the other....what...6 SC's you're going to?? :D

Wooper

Yep, nice job killing me in round 1, I never even had a draw card to play. :) It really helps to write the names down if you want to remember them though...

You were so lucky to make the top 4...by one percentage point, and you needed exactly two losses above you to have a chance at all...

Nice work though, you deserved it. Just make sure you do what everyone else said and get on AIM ;x

Ron13 said:
Yep, nice job killing me in round 1, I never even had a draw card to play. :) It really helps to write the names down if you want to remember them though...

You were so lucky to make the top 4...by one percentage point, and you needed exactly two losses above you to have a chance at all...

Nice work though, you deserved it. Just make sure you do what everyone else said and get on AIM ;x

OH so that was you lol. I was so tired I didn't really think to remember names lol. Hey Ron do you know who the other Kingdra Top4 player was... He gave me his aim but I lost it lol

YoungJohn06 said:
OH so that was you lol. I was so tired I didn't really think to remember names lol. Hey Ron do you know who the other Kingdra Top4 player was... He gave me his aim but I lost it lol

The other Kingdra player was Eddie. He won States at Michigan with that Kingdra deck.
The other judges along with Rich were Dan and Matt.

Congratulations John!

Venusaur said:
Good job JohnYoung! Proves that those Kingdra ex decks don't stand a chance against Blaziken when you get a decent hand. I knew you were gonna win! Superior player playing superior deck should win. :p Why aren't you on AIM?!

Superior is MY word, NEVER take it away from me AGAIN jermy
;/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back