Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Infernape have a chance against G&G?

Unfortunantly, Infernape's time is about gone. I don't think it'll fair good against G&G because all they need to do is flip 2 prizes to KO Infernape (or 1 + a PlusPower or Strength Charm) and they OHKO your Delcattys.

I just built an Infernape deck a week ago and have been tweaking it. I run Infernape, Blaziken (GE), and Claydol. I use Blaziken mainly for sniping (can OHKO a Claydol) and also the 130 HP is nice against Gardy Lv.X's bring down.

I actually found that running Claydol is better then Delcatty (atleast for me it is). I run a lot of TV Reporters and Felicity's so getting fire energy in the discard is not a problem.

Physic Lock is still a problem but my deck doesn't rely on Claydol. Both Infernape and Blaziken can both be fully charged up in two turns (which is a little slow but still quick enough to hopefully deal some damage).

The only true way to beat G&G with Infernape is hope that you get lucky and T1 them by rare candying into Infernape, place DRE on Infernape and blast away for 80. If you can't do that then you will have a fight on your hands.

If you want me to I can post my deck list for you to see what I run. So far the deck has done really well at League and its a lot of fun to play (I realize league is not the same atmosphere as a tournament but some of the people at my league play tournament decks and dont hold back during league.)

No way man! Psychic Lock = 2H KO + No support for them
Gallade vs. Delcatty ex = lol
Flare Blitz = Not enough damage output from the lil ape

Sorry, but that lil monkey is out of luck.

Well, Alakazam MT could work as anti-power and discarding fire energy... Put in a few Sableye CGs and you pretty much are capable at preventing Psychic Lock.

It's a shame you can't play Crystal Beach.

You will have to focus more on Infernape Lv. X. 140 for DRE is uber.

Infernape is good in early game and late game, but in middle game it gets it's butt kicked so much it's not even funny. You'll either have to donk or get Lv. X out and functioning perfectly.

I'd almost want 1-1 Claydol in. Playing both Delcatty and Claydol sure sounds a bit overconcentrated, but you have to have a massive draw to get DREs and to affort Alakazam to block the important powers.

So:

3 Little monkey
2 Medium monkey
3 Big monkey
1 Big monkey Lv. X

1 Abra used teleport OH SHI-
1 Alakazam the powerblock

2-3 'The donk' Skitty
2 Delcatty
1-2 Delcatty Lv. X

1 Baltoy
1 Claydol

2 Sableye 'Disable' CG

22 Pokémon sound a bit much, but it should have the massive draw you pretty much have to have to get reliable Lv. X. With all the Claydols around the metagame nowadays, Alakazam is like the perfect counter in this deck.

Dennis Hawk the Alakazam is a great idea. I will have to try to put one into my deck to see how effective it works.

As for Claydol everyone who runs an Infernape deck should try it. I think many would be surprised how effective it is and as long as you have other means of discarding (TVR and Felicity's) you shouldn't have any problem getting the energy into the discard pile.

The entry pack 08 Infernape that we should be getting in our next set doesn't look that bad... but the DP one is pretty lousy in a metagame of 130hp Pokemon.

I like the new Infernape and I think it will probably replace the old one. The DP one is still good because DRE makes it quick, but if the next format doesnt have DRE then you'll be seeing the new Infernape played more then the old one (or at least thats what I think. We won't really know until we get it).

You're looking at old list Plokoon, it was decent when the article was made.

Despite all the talk about Infernape being good, its garbage.Infernape must have alot of resources to ohko something, and gardy just psylocks or flips 2 prizes over for a ko.

I sort of like infernape, it just isnt as good as other cards in our meta game. if only those cards hadnt been invented....
*Daydreams*
anyways, maybe infernape could be used as like a tech in magmortar, as the Lv. X discards, then warp point or switch to 1hit KO their pokemon, then next turn go back to magmortar.

Infernapes out now because of GG but I think you should run no chinglings, 3 holon mentor, 4 rare candy, 4 skitty and 4 chimchars.

Ape was good when Exs where out cuz it could OHKO popular Exs(Jolty Ex wit PP,Mew Ex LM,Jirachi Ex CG,M&Ms mostly everything) but it just isnt as fast without the holon engine which made it good,now its just a terrible version of Magmortar

Back