Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Infidel!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Prize_Card

This is a deck I built the day after the prerelease, its built somewhat like beedrill, but has a few different twists! So far this deck has done excellent and set up extremely fast everytime! The list is currently 7-1, and I think it could prove to be a contender in upcoming tournaments....

So heres the list!

Pokemon: 17
4-3-3-1 infernape MD/ 1 dp
2-2 claydol
2 moltress (awesome tech, a good back up for extra dmg)

Trainers: 28

4 rare candy
4 Master ball
2 Dual ball
1 Roseanne's
3 Crystal beach (shuts off gg and other stuff that relys on DRE and scramble.)
3 Plus power
2 Night maintenance
2 Super scoop up (for moltress, and can come in handy for weak apes..)
2 Stevens advice
2 Felecity's drawing (discard energy for moltress, and draw power.)
2 Bebe's research
1 Celios network

Energy: 15

13 fire
2 multi (for claydol)

So far this list has worked extremely well, heres the strategy.

Start with a chimchar and try to get t1 or t2 infernape and hit for 30 and spread early game.. Get an infernape active with about 2 energy on it, then start powering up multiple apes on the bench.. Once you get a few energy in the discard, or you need a quick 100, or you have no more energy on your ape, go for moltress. The moltress is pretty good against gallade because of its -20 resistence and it requires gallade to flip over an extra prize! Comments and suggestion always welcome!

Later!

Oh and I came up with the name Infidel cause INfernape clayDOL (del)

Infernape DP is NOT A TECH. Adding 10 damage to your attack is what Pluspower/Strength Charm do, and they both do it better than a stage 2. If you have so many energies in the discard, you should be running the Lv. X.

That being said, it looks like a solid idea. I prefer some kind of Firestarter to keep 80-120 damage going throughout the game than Moltres, but it does take up less space. Can't argue with 7-1...

whats a TECH ?

Something in a deck that is in a small number, that isn't core to the central strategy, but helps makes matchups easier. An example would be playing a crystal shard in a deck, or a strength charm. A single card that isn't essential to the strategy, but assists the strategy in certain key situations.

^thanks for the explination, I dont have the level x in here because I never thought about using it.. I guess it could work, but it would require me to take out an ape. I never said the infernape dp was a tech, its just in there for its first attack if I need it to get lucky... (mrdraz...)

Playing DP Ape for the first attack is even worse lol. If you don't want to run the X just play another MD Ape.

I also have no clue why you're not using DREs. Fire + DRE = 110, or 2 Fires + DRE = 150, or 2 DRE = 140.

OR 1 DRE+8 Fire in the discard=140, so yea, Infernape X should always be run, i would even say ixnay on the aydolcla and run delcatty. and i dont see the point of Moltres, it sits up on your active position and dies, or dies if you roll a tails on its power? or does it require a flip? and it would be REALLY bad to start with.. especially since you only run like 8 basics.

^Stupid! Its not 7-1 against beedrill, good observation though!! I played ken too, my record against beedrill is 5-0.. Duhh.. Id rather play beach then dre, and dre doesnt really help as much..

no

:smile::thumb::frown::redface::tongue::nonono::lol::lol:no your 4 1 up against beedrill and i really don't care u can say u won 50000 games it doesn''t make a difference cause basically the deck only has played 2 real matchups cause playing up against weakness is not much of an accomp. u should be evry time. now it would be different if u won while u where playing weakness:biggrin::eek::thumb::lol::rolleyes::pokeball::cool::biggrin::confused: o my

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back