Iron Bird

Discussion in 'Deck Help and Strategy' started by annisarich, Mar 25, 2004.

8 league13 468 60
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. annisarich

annisarich New Member

My sons revised deck for CC.

Pokemon

3 Aron
    3 Larrion
    2 Agron
    2 Agron EX
    3 Natu
    3 Xatu
    2 Wobufett
    3 dunsparce
    2 sentret
    2 furret

Trainers

2 forest guardian
    3 prof oak resesrch
    2 birch
    3 prof elm method
    2 tv reporter
    3 switch
    3 oran berry
    1 super scoop up
    1 crystal shard
    1 power charge

Energy

7 psy
    2 rainbow
    4 metal
    1 warp

This is about agron attacking. ex or regular depending on the other deck. Lots of healing with the plan of Xatu on the bench and metal and orans. Looking to speed it up. once its out its a nice deck. but it is slow.

TIA

2. dkates

dkates New Member

Another Gojira -- cool. Try to fit in two more Rainbows, bring the Xatu line up to 4-4, and improve the Trainer engine. If you've built well, you shouldn't need the Oran Berries.

Your Pokémon are chosen well, it's really just the Trainers that look a little iffy. Let's see what I can do for them. I don't really think Forest Guardian and PETM are all that good. Replace them with 3 Master Balls (non-supporter search is always helpful) and 2 Warp Points (You'd be surprised how effective they are, especially with Xatu in the deck). Also, drop the Oran Berries (Xatu should be all the healing you need) and the single Super Scoop Up (I don't really see much point) for a second Power Charge and one more each of Birch, POR, and TV Reporter.

Hope this helps.

Last edited: Mar 25, 2004
  3. BJJ763

BJJ763 Trading Mod Supervisor Staff Member Trader Feedback Mod

I'd personally run Copycat over Forest Guardian. Since you are playing Ferrut, i'd max out on Professor Birch, replace either the TV Reporters or Oran Berry with Birch. Replace Super Scoop Up by Briney's Compassion. While Briney won't do anything for Aggron ex, hoping for a heads with Super Scoop Up.....(unless you run multiple SSU's that way hopefully one will give you a heads). Boost Energy will greatly help your Aggrons - -1 P and -1 Warp (you got 3 Switches) and +2 Boost (which can also be gotten back by Power Charge).

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.