Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef-Age of Kabuto (Start Time on Post One, Rules on Post Three. IMPORTANT!!!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Cyrus

Iron Chef - Master Emeritus
Whenever all four of us are ready to start, we will! :D

Daddiursa and myself are ready and raring. Ancient Absol is around, and Bulbasnore will be back with us soon. Rest assured though, we will be starting almost as soon as possible =)

UPDATE::: I WILL ANNOUNCE CARD CHALLENGES TOMORROW AT 8PM TEXAS TIME *central*!!!

September 5th, 2005 at 8PM...be prepared to LABOR on decks during LABOR day :D

Decks must be turned in by September 13th, 2005, at 12PM. Where you will turn your decks into will be revealed soon.

Last edited:
~~~RULES~~~

---Overview---

I will give you criteria or an actual card to build a deck around. The deck MUST be themed around that said card/criteria. You will be graded (READ: grading) based on your deck's quality. Stick to the theme, have a good list, and be creative to do best. When you defeat your opponent, you move onto even harder challenges where your skills are put to the test. As you go further and further up, you earn better prizes (READ: prizes), and even stand to be invited to the Tournament of Champions (READ: ToC notes). Good luck to all who are competing, and we'll see just WHOSE CUISINE REIGNS SUPREME :D

---Grading---

Grading is as follows:

(UPDATED! CHANGED BACK TO ORIGINAL GRADING)

Deck (10 possible points): Ask yourself some questions before turning in the deck, such as
-Is this my best Pokemon/Trainer/Energy ratio?
-Does the deck have synergy?

Creativity (5 max):
-Did I have a good grasp for this card's possibilities?
-Has this idea done before, or is otherwise not uncommon?

Card use (5 max):
-Did I choose the best possible types?
-Do these cards actually work?

---Due Dates, Flawed and Late Entries---

Due dates are always reasonable. Here is grading in the cases of:

*no-show=No grade
*late entry=0/20, unless late by 10 minutes or less.
*Entry not following rules, A.K.A. flawed entry= ? (will handle these accordingly)

No-show or REALLY late entries hold less priority to flawed and late. Flawed entries are a mystery, since there are ranges of "flawed," so we'll make a decision if there's a debate on who should go on. Judge rulings are FINAL, though. However, you can overturn any judge ruling if you send each of us $1,000 in the mail :biggrin:

Unlike previous tournaments, we are far more strict about late entries than ever. Even if your deck is the best thing on Earth, and your opponent's deck fails at life, the person that's ON time gets X/20, while you get 0/20 =)

---Prizes---

Prizes are always an unknown variable. However, prizes are in most, if not all, Iron Chef contests. The only situation I foresee as of right now where Iron Chef will not is if the event is meant solely to get people invited to the tournament of champions.

---Tournament of Champions---

This is a special Iron Chef contest where top placers in past contests gather together to compete in what I consider to be a showcase of the best deckbuilders in the game. Prizes are REALLY good, where some amazingly rare cards are offered as the supreme bounty. Currently, there are Eight (8) invite slots that are being given away. Good luck!

I think that's all! GOOD LUCK :D:D:D

Are we graded on an environment? Like I mean, is the deck graded on how good in it is in HLon? Or RSon or something?

The deck is graded based on the criteria. If the criteria includes format, then yes.

Yep, it's HL-UF. The ingrediants are unique to each bracket, so since there are 64 competitors, there are 32 different ingrediants. Check the details of your bracket to find out your ingredient! I got Noctowl UF. -____- Blah.

Sry I just have 1 question.
Creativity (5 max):
-Did I have a good grasp for this card's possibilities?
-Has this idea done before, or is otherwise not uncommon?
Are you saying if the idea has been done before, we lose points, and if the idea hasn't been done before, we gain points?

Well, yes and no. Those are merely questions you might ask yourself while working on the deck. It implies that if you're going to use a deck that many people are familiar with (example using a blazetrode during RS-on if you're given electrode ex), then you most likely will get marked down. Try to stay creative.

UPDATE:::

This only applies to the taco division, but because Rokman got banned after the start of this contest, he also forfeits round one to Mudkip. Sorry that you got such an easy round one, Pablo =(

as in, 12PM tomorrow. I did such a weird time because I didn't want to suffer any "well I got my deck in at 12:01 AM!"-type situations. The twelves extra hours are just leeway.

On invites, are any of the current invitees for the Tournament of Champions in this contest? If so, then do invites trickle down? (I can't remember if you said so or not.)

Hey, Patriarch, for those of us who are just looking over these for insight as to how to build for the next IC, could you plz post what the key ingredient was for each idea/rating? Thx!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back