Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef Champion is(Official)

Vegeta ss4

Iron Chef Leader
THERE WILL BE A VIEWER INPUT!!

The scores have NOT been graded by me, I am really busy until tomorrow but I thought that I would at least get the lists on a thread for all to grade.

Here are the lists. Please give a score!

Eonic

With knowledge of the format being designed as a 20/20/20 split between Pokemon, Trainers, and Energies, this is the deck I choose to use. Decks have a difficult time switching Pokemon, so I decided to take advantage of this and focused my deck around Status Conditions. Also, multiple Bench sitters where used due to the lack of Pokemon Catcher and sniping attacks. These are the Theme Decks that my deck uses. I also listed what set each card (in terms of the Theme Deck) came from:

Cutting Edge (Rising Rivals)
Ignition (Supreme Victors)
Overflow (Supreme Victors)
Stormshaper (Arceus)
Growth Clash (HeartGold & SoulSilver)
Chaos Control (Unleashed)
Steel Sentinel (Unleashed)
Daybreak (Undaunted)
Nightfall (Undaunted)
Furious Knights (Noble Victories)
Voltage Vortex (Next Destinies)
Raiders (Dark Explorers)
Dragon Snarl (Dragons Exalted)
PlasmaShadow (Plasma Storm)

---------------

Pokemon: 20
4 Eevee (Rising Rivals)
3 Leafeon (Rising Rivals)
1 Espeon (Undaunted)
1 Espeon (Dark Explorers)
1 Umbreon (Undaunted)
2 Giratina (Plasma Storm)
2 Roselia (Unleashed)
2 Roserade (Unleashed)
1 Misdreavus (Unleashed)
1 Mismagius (Unleashed)
1 Raticate G (Supreme Victors)
1 Druddigon (Noble Victories)

Trainers: 20
4 Professor Juniper (Dark Explorers)
4 Professor Oak’s New Theory (HeartGold & SoulSilver)
3 N (Noble Victories)
2 Roseanne’s Research (Supreme Victors)
4 Level Ball (Next Destinies)
2 Hypnotoxic Laser (Plasma Storm)
1 Luxury Ball (Arceus)

Energy: 20
9 Grass Energy
7 Psychic Energy
4 Blend Energy GFPD (Dragons Exalted)

Strategy:
I realize this isn't a good excuse, but Pokegym somehow deleted the wall of text I wrote.... so this is the condensed version.

The idea is to use Leafeon as the main attacker to abuse Energy attachments with it's "Plus Energy" attack onto Roserade or other attackers. When attached to Roserade, it's Poke-Power is triggered, which can allow it to activate twice in one turn to Poison and Confuse the Defending Pokemon (Blend Energy can also activate both Status Effects). Leafeon also serve as a nice "pivot" between attackers, where another Pokemon can Retreat to the bench, Leafeon is promoted, and attaches additional Energies and heals the other Pokemon, allowing it to safety attack again next turn. Of these other attackers, Giratina and Druddigon are included. Girtaina provides a reliable 100 damage for three Energies in tandem with Roserade, and Druddigon can lock the opponent's Defending Pokemon into Poison/Confusion if they can Retreat too easily. The two Espeons and the Umbreon eeveelutions are utility. The Espeon from Undaunted is helpful for finishing off any Pokemon that Retreated from Poison that are low on health, while holding a similar puedo-role of Leafeon's healing ability. The Espeon from Dark Explorers is for preventing any opposing stalling/lock decks that are common, due to the slow nature of the format (because of the low amounts of Trainers, and high counts of Energy). Umbreon is a very important tech for decks that have multiple main attackers with Poke-Powers/Poke-Bodies, which ironically include this deck. Mismagius supports the idea of rotating between attackers, just like Leafeon, but is used as a 1-1 Line because it's usefulness shines late game. Raticate G is for retrieving discarded Supporters during a Support Drought, reusing Luxury Ball, and causing more shenanigans with Hypnotoxic Laser.

For a deck that requires multiple Pokemon Stages, I chose to go for Supporters that provided the strongest drawing capabilities. I would like mention that N is very helpful for setting up, because it weakens my opponent's setup during the mid-game, as this deck does not have the best momentum early on. Also, although less significant, it can be seen as a counter to cards like Milotic (Dragons Exalted), which are very powerful in this format. Roseanne's Research has the versatility that this deck requires, where sometimes an additional Energy is needed in hand for Leafeon's "Plus Energy", or searching out the Basics for my Stage 1 Lines. Maxing out on Level Ball is absolutely necessary, as it searches for every Pokemon bar Giratina and Druddigon. Hypnotoxic Laser is an additional outlet for causing Status Conditions, and it's valued during the early game for stalling the opponent as I searched for the Pokemon I need. Luxury Ball, as mentioned, has synergy with Raticate G, and can grab Giratina or Druddion.

The split of 9/7 Grass/Psychic Energies is best, as Leafeon is what you'll need to be attacking with early on as opposed to Giratina. Also, four Blend Energies were played because it can trigger both Poison and Confusion with Roserade. I felt that it was also the perfect inclusion for a deck that has Grass, Psychic, and Dark attackers.
Score is 7/10 4/5 4/5 = 15/20
Average is 16.4

Rainbowgym

The last challenge was to build a deck out of cards from theme decks, I decided not to use those allowed new 14 cards of the upcoming set.
It is already difficult enough to be restricted (or overloaded) with the 20-20-20 P/T/E requirements.
Without rare candy or Broken time space and only 20 pokemon allowed giving 9 (or 12) out of 20 to a stage 2 is possible, but when trying I felt every time I tried I was short of 2-3 spots for Pokemon and 4 for trainers to make it work nice.
If you build a basic only deck, 20 pokemon is way to much, so stage 1 it will be.

After going through all decks I ended up with my one of the pokemon I use in almost all my decks (if there is one in the format)
Roserade (everybody who knows me can tell you I really do use her).
The Roserade in the Unleashed set is so good, that Power is killing in the “theme deck only” format.
Because you have only 20 spots for trainers, cards like switch are a luxury and most time you are not able to fit them into your build.
Roserade has a power if you attach a psy nrg from hand the defending is poisoned, if you attach a grass the defending in confused. So if you attach a blend who provides both grass en psy the defending is poisoned and confused.

Beside the power, the attack of Roserade is not bad at all. For a gras and a colorless 20 damage times the amount of energy attached to her.
But I had to put 20 Pokemon in the deck so which Pokemon would benefit from special conditions?
Found another lady Pokemon > Giratina Team Plasma.
Attacks for 50 damage but if the defending has a special condition 50 more damage is done.
That’s 100 damage, great. However she needs 3nrg (PCC)to attack. Too bad DCE is not in any theme deck.

How do I get 3 nrg on a pokemon without being KO’d before I do?
By moving them, there is another lady pokemon who can help > Mismagius.
Mismagius Unleashed has a power which can make you move 1 psy nrg each turn to whatever pokemon you like. To move more energy you need more Mismagius. Good because I have to use 20 Pokemon, Mismagius you are invited .

Still I didn’t like it I needed at least 3 turns to get Giratina attacking. Using Roserade or Mismagius first is an option, but I wanted something to absorb the first hits in the game. Went through all decks and found him, (I think this is a male pokemon) Druddigon NobleVictories.
A Pokemon with an ability, each time when active and receiving damage from an attack. It deals 2 damage counters to the attacker. Nice, but what makes it better, the attack. If not used to absorb damage the attack in combination with the Power of Roserade is funny.
60 Damage and not allowing the defending to retreat. If Roserade poisoned the defending it will take a total of 20 more damage in between turns. And if it got attacked and damaged 20 more, that makes 100 going into my turn. Good, very good.

Oke my team is ready, the trainers were a combination of getting the pokemon I need and draw.
Some draw with discard because 20 pokemon is a lot and you want 1 Roserade, 2-3 Mismagius and 1 Giratina and 1 Druddigon in play.
The energy are mostly psy, because after testing this idea on PTCGO to many grass nrg made the deck run slower because you can’t move them. But I wanted them in along with the blend to have the option of an attacking Roserade.

I am happy with this build, because it has many female pokemon and my favorite one.
And since I am the only female who made it into the finals of the Iron Chef ever, I call my last entrée

Ladies First.

I hope you enjoyed the decks I made.

Greetz,
Lia

Ladies First

20 Pokemon
3 Giratina 89/101 BW Plasma Storm – Plasma Shadow
3 Druddigon 89/101 BW Noble Victories – Furious Knights.
4 Misdreavus 54/95 Unleashed – Chaos Control
4 Mismagius 5/95 Unleashed – Chaos Control
3 Roselia 61/95 Unleashed - Steel Sentinel
3 Roserade 23/95 Unleashed – Steel Sentinel

20 T/S/S

4 Level Ball BW Next Destinies - Voltage Vortex
1 Luxury Ball Arceus – Flamemaster
4 Roseanna’s Research Supreme Victors – Overflow
4 Prof Oak’s New Theory HGSS - Ember Spark
1 Prof. Juniper BW - Blue Assault
2 Colress BW Plasma Storm - Plasma Claw
2 Felicity’s Drawing Rising Rivals -Drill Point
2 Switch found in many decks.

20 Energy

4 Blend (PGFD) BW Dragons Exalted – DragonSnarl
2 Grass
14 Psy
Score is 9/10 4/5 4/5 = 17/20
Average is 17.4

The winner is Rainbowgym!!

Congrats!

Last edited:
The fact that both decks look alike makes it harder to grade but here's my try on it!

Eonic:
I like the fact that you focus on Leafeon, it's energy acceleration is quite good in this format. But it only has 90 HP and does only 40 damage.. That seems not enough for me. Therefore you play Roserade, but only a 2-2 line, I don't think that's enough. A 4-4 line of Roserade is a must in this deck, Leafeon can energy accelerate Roserade quite easily to make it a killing machine. I like the fact that you use Giratina, but I guess I would add a 3rd one. The other techs are nice as well, I love the addition of the 2 Espeons and Umbreon:) And not to forget Druddigon, Raticate and Mismagius for late game!
The supporter engine is good, except that you don't use 4 Roseanne's, that's a must. It makes the setup so much better and you can keep abusing energies with Leafeon if you have enough Roseanne's. The ball engine is obvious. But Hypnotoxic Laser is a waste in here, you already have Roserade, I'd rather play 2 Switch in here. You have quite a few Pokémon with at least 2 retreat, what's better to switch them and start healing them with Leafeon and move the energies away with Mismagius?
Overal, I like the deck but could've been worked out better.
Deck: 8/10
Creativity:4/5
Card use: 4/5
Total: 16/20

Rainbowgym:
It looks the same as Eonic's deck but it's quite different. You mainly focus on the special conditions from Roserade combined with Giratina and Druddigon. This list can have a Roserade power every turn, with the energy moved with Mismagius to your Giratina or Druddigon. It's very solid. The only thing that I would change is 4-4 Roserade and 3-3 Mismagius (instead of the other way around). Because you really wanna have Roserade running T2, while it's not a big issue if Mismagius is 1 turn later. I like the fact that you play 3 Druddigon, since it can be extremely annoying.
The Supporter line is very good, I love the 4 Roseanne's, it makes sure you'll have a decent setup and it combines good with Roserade. The 2 Felicity are good but I would rather play 2 extra Juniper instead. The ball engine is obvious. And the 2 Switch are very good, a must in this deck.
Energy line is good, since you mainly focus on moving the energies with Mismagius. But you have the grass energies to have more options to attack with Roserade. Great deck!
Deck: 9/10
Creativity: 4/5
Card use: 5/5
Total: 18/20

My scores have been calculated, I will give reasoning as to why the scores are the way they are once the guest judge scores the matchup. I am sure everyone will like his scoring, hopefully he will not be too busy to score the matchup. So as of now, the match is still obviously NOT official, perhaps more people come up with some different vocal points of scoring, I hope more people do score the matchup.

Last edited:
I will get into why I did what I did tomorrow before I get told I am wrong... but

Eonic: 18/20
Rainbow: 16/20

Honestly, I find Eonic's deck to be more original while Rainbowgym's deck is more consistent and has a focus.

Eonic
Deck: 8/10
Creativity: 5/5
Card Use: 4/5
Overall: 17/20

Rainbowgym
Deck: 9/10
Creativity: 4/5
Card Use: 5/5
Overall: 18/20

This is just my opinion. Now it makes me want to do this challenge so much. :)

Good job to both of you.

I will be PMing all of the top 8 about prizes from the Pokegym.

I will personally PM the Top 3 with my personal prize information.

I will make a new thread in a few days to establish a date and possible changes people would like to see and such.

Back