Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Iron Chef Group 1 and 2 CHALLENGE

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vegeta ss4

Iron Chef Leader
Welcome to the Top 32.
I hope you all had some fun in the 2 rounds of swiss, now it is time for single elimination. With each round, the challenge will get harder albeit more fun.

I will make this short, here is the metagame.

Deoxys through Plasma Storm.

There will be NO deck to which you are facing, just general mechanics of the game.
Basically, build the best deck possible based on your strategy. Mechanics of the game are small things like Status Conditions which makes it hard to switch out or use Poke-Powers. Stage 1 decks are incredibly fast, and Stage 2 decks are powerful. EX's back in the day wouldn't be as powerful in todays format, but are still good with lots of viable options.

Again, basically....factor in small mechanics of the game and build the best deck possible to fit your strategy.

Scoring Change
X/10 Deck
X/5 Creativity
X/5 Card Use

Ban List-
Uxie
Pokémon Catcher
Roseanne's
Holon Mentor
Pokémon EX or EX pokemon.(except for your challenge card)
SP Pokémon of ANY kind.
Reprint Promos or Promos of a card that never existed in a set. (Mcdonalds promos, Player pack Promos, etc.)

Challenge is
Use whatever card I give you from any of the sets of your choosing. The number of the cards does NOT matter, just note that Card Use is in FULL EFFECT. The card can be an EX, a Delta, a "Dark", it doesn't matter. Just whatever has the card in it's name.

GROUP 1

(1)DragonClyne725 vs (16)Rambo
CHALLENGE - Machamp

(8)Dark Shedinja vs (9)Hatter
CHALLENGE - Shiftry

(5)hampuse1 vs (12)SummerDaze
CHALLENGE - Venusaur

(4)sKizor vs (13)Vablakes
CHALLENGE - Tyranitar

(6)Garch vs (11)Eonic
CHALLENGE - Sceptile

(3)pokemonrocks777 vs (14)sunchris
CHALLENGE - Pidgeot

(7)ShadowGuard vs (10)vaporeon
CHALLENGE - Metagross

(2)bullados vs (15)Ace-
CHALLENGE - Meganium

GROUP 2

(1)Rainbowgym vs (16)Kezzup
CHALLENGE - Kingdra

(8)PMysterious vs (9)Shino Bug Master
CHALLENGE - Gengar

(5)Goldedda vs (12)pnoodle5
CHALLENGE - Charizard

(4)King Piplup vs (13)AzuK
CHALLENGE - Gardevoir

(6)Time for Pain vs (11)BeedrillBoy
CHALLENGE - Crobat

(3)Cabd vs (14)Gertrude G
CHALLENGE - Kabutops

(7)Redwater vs (10)SuperE
CHALLENGE - Flygon

(2)Matijs vs (15)Normal Guy
CHALLENGE - Ampharos

I picked all the Stage 2's from all of the sets that are legal from DX-Plasma Storm and randomly picked from a hat what Stage 2's were picked and where they went. Again, you may use ANY time of card as long as it has a your cards challenge in it's name, ands it is a Stage 2.

Rules Information
-Rules of Today are in affect.

Entry Requirement!!
-PLEASE, provide a strategy for the deck.
-Any illegal decks I.E. Didn't use the challenge card at all, More or less than 60 cards in a deck, use a banned card, will be deemed illegal and you will receive a score of ZERO.
-Due to Time restraints, I can NOT grant extensions to anyone, I was going to before but I will NOT allow it now. If you do not have the time, simply just put together a list and give it a shot. You could surprise yourself.

All Entries are due
February 8th 1159 PM CST

Good Luck to you all!

-Nathan W

Last edited:
Meganium... Meganium...

I think I've got some fun ideas around him...

I get locked out of the group using Pidgeot. I feel trolled right now. I dont like anything about Metagross.

BTS I think I should have banned, I was questioning it but I decided lets have some fun with it. Besides, it isn't that creative, so go ahead players and use it...

Does our challenge Pokemon have to be our main attacker? It sounds open on that end, but I'm just making sure.

The challenge isn't categorized as main attacker. Challenge is to use a said card for a very strategic purpose. Utilize his attacks, affect the game, use his powers to influence your strategy.

I seriously can't answer the question...not quite that simple.

I'm rather lost with this one. Can you define what exactly we are being graded on? Our format is non existent and massive, so I don't understand what you can garner of any deck, or what we are supposed to base cards off of. For example, with Gengar, I could probably make a deck work with 1 of any 4. However, i have no context to know if they are supposed to work. Do Poke-powers actually exist to the point where I can use SF Gengar's attack? Is Hypnotxic Laser prominent to make me have to build around it for his power? Can I expect to use the Lv.X's power ever?

I mean, our decks aren't meant to be played, so.. what is the point of them from a grading standpoint?

My writeup is too big for pokegym's PM system. Would you like to have me send it in two parts, or would you prefer it be sent via email?

I'm rather lost with this one. Can you define what exactly we are being graded on? Our format is non existent and massive, so I don't understand what you can garner of any deck, or what we are supposed to base cards off of. For example, with Gengar, I could probably make a deck work with 1 of any 4. However, i have no context to know if they are supposed to work. Do Poke-powers actually exist to the point where I can use SF Gengar's attack? Is Hypnotxic Laser prominent to make me have to build around it for his power? Can I expect to use the Lv.X's power ever?

I mean, our decks aren't meant to be played, so.. what is the point of them from a grading standpoint?

I can't answer all of that, but for what it's worth, I assumed we'd be able to "shape it" in that if our wripeup assumes some decks have pokemon powers, they do. if it assumes a majority of other stage two decks, it does, etc.

Vegeta gets final say on it though.

So question By looking at the Image Gallery on here its from Ex Deoxys up excluding mini sets (trainer kits, DV etc) right?
and i think thats it for now

The idea is to build a deck as if you were to play. Using basic game mechanics, you simply just build a deck that would work with an inner core strategy.

Cabd, you of course can submit 2 pm's if it is that good of a strategy, lol.

Only sets that were legal to use. I do believe that trainer kit cards would be legal because they were already printed. I'm saying you can't use promo cards that were not released in a modified set.

Okay. My list has been sent in (in two parts)

If I end up changing anything i'll let you know. (By sending a correction PM)

Good luck to everyone. If you're new to the older cards, I highly HIGHLY recommend downloading redshark. There's a button on the deck builder called "Deoxys-on" that will filter out all the cards illegal for this challenge, save a few promo cards. Also remember that you can use bebe's search or pkmncards.com to view by set. There's a lot of REALLY neat cards both in the 3rd and 4th gen sets.

Woo deoxys, literally THE SET where I stopped playing last time... lol.

But... charizard is totall crazy awesome so it's all good here :D

It is probably a stupid question but do we use BW rules (player can draw, attack, play t/s/s etc) ?

Ace, I made it really, really easy for you. I'm maximizing the Deck at the expense of Creativity (and probably Card Use). Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back