Pokémon TCG: Sword and Shield—Brilliant Stars

Is St. Louis Dead

Status
Not open for further replies.

lilgroudon

I hate to ask this but it has come to pass that STL players are losing major rankings i mean
Newman and Bela they are on top of masters
we got the kreckers and the 10e's ready to go to any event with killer decks
Me and my fam can only make it to certain events but at regionals i have a question

Where is Newman, Where was Jake S. Jared W. Rachel R, Tim Doty Paul, alot of other people that do travel didn't cough Seth Cory can someone tell me what happened to our show me state of pokemon :confused:

Whoa...you must not be looking around too hard! Or for the right people...

the STL was WELL represented, in all age divisions...and was more successful in the lower ranks than the higher ones...

Let's see....the top Junior players at the event were...

Andrew (what is his rank in the WORLD??)
Brian H (the B&B GUN!!)
Alex K (5 yrs old, 4th place $750 scholarship, in like 2019!!)
Jill D T8
Dylan T T8
Ben D T10

Let's see...hm....of the top 10 players in the REGION we had, um...6 of them, and 3 of the top 4!!!

As for the Seniors...

Jake B. top cut
Mason top cut
Zak (lost to the CHAMP and #1 player in North America James Flint...read his article)
Brandon H (T8)

Also had William, and Heather, and a few others flying around that division...

So that is 12 in the younger divisions, 10 of which made the CUT!

As for the old folks...I know Mike K. and Lynn are from Springfield...but they both made the CUT, and Lynn went T8....

and we had a lot of people in the field...so don't fret...we had about 20 people in the house, not counting 2 10es on the judge staff, Colin staffing, my staffing, and other staff members!

We were represented, and will be even MORE represented in Memphis!!

Head on down to OMLETTEVILLE!

Vince

The major difference I am seeing is that the younger players are banding together, and making each other better, not out just for themselves, where the older division, well, I just don't feel it.

This is only going to become more pronounced next week, for those local players attending Nationals from the St. Louis area when ... well ... those who know, know what is going to happen.

Vince

:cool: :cool: We Are Not Dead!!!! We Are Just Breathing In To Let Out A Piglet War Cry That Will Shake Every Player In The Wolrd!!! The Force We Unleash On Nationals Will Look Like Sherman's March To The Sea Or Patton's Run Across France!! Just Wait Richard The Wave Is Building And There Will Be No Stopping It!:cool:

Last edited:
Chris thats the problem the piglets are together bnut our age division is just trying to comeout on top and can't trust no one If the masters can get it together maybe we can pull something off Colin and Newman they got it perrfected props to Jake B. but in the end it's not alot of us

Richard The Main Players In The Masters Division Are In It For Themselves. My Suggestion Is To Get With Some Of The Players That Are Still Regulars To The Main Events And You Try To Ban Them Together Under One Flag. Remember A True Leader Will Never Ask His Men To Do Something He Would Not Do Himself. Be The Leader!

I'm sure the STL stores will see more people in the coming weeks, whether for DP prereleases (lol), league, or Battle Roads.

Richard The Main Players In The Masters Division Are In It For Themselves. My Suggestion Is To Get With Some Of The Players That Are Still Regulars To The Main Events And You Try To Ban Them Together Under One Flag. Remember A True Leader Will Never Ask His Men To Do Something He Would Not Do Himself. Be The Leader!

Team Juggernuat for the win :lol: :thumb:

That is the spirt Richard! I very serious when I say get people like bela, jake, ryan, tim(maybe) and run as a team! you know vince and i will help and we can get deck help from people like jimmy, big chuck and ness. You can do this just don't be silly about it! as my siggy use to say nobody won a war by dieing for the country they won it be making the other person die for theres! Become a force! win or lose do it as team and with the spirt of the game!

Okay then lets do it to it lets start the wins for missouri all for it lets go team juggernaut :lol: ummm speaking of jake where is jake

No, thank you. It also seems you misgroup me...I do work with Newman and Colin and am at least partially responsible for most of their [good] decks. It's true that I am a bit too kind and help others and am also a gym leader while they stay locked up in their shell, but do not underestimate me, I am not looking for help. I assume this applies to Bela too, but I'll stand by whatever his decision will be.

Jake, and one of your padoines was certainly helped in a match with a certain green jakenite/belanite dragonite EX this week. Going to call that version Jotanite!

MAJOR PROPS to Joe C. for taking 3rd at a VERY TOUGH regional!

(And for currently sitting in the top 12 in North America in his division!)

Vince

We have some of the BEST players around, and if the older division would come together like the younger division is proposing to...we could make Nationals a lot of fun!

Question is...can you put aside your differences to actually play as a team, or will there be the infighting that will serve to keep you apart?

I'll take our Junior prizes and walk away from Regionals knowing I have the right players to do this thing...

One Junior wins 2 Regionals
One Junior flies to Utah, wins a regional
One Junior finishes 2nd and 3rd to the first Junior listed above
One VERY Junior finishes 4th

We need to get these 4 together for a "Junor Elite 4" Picture!

Did my Juniors REALLY win $7,000 in scholarships in 2 weeks??? REALLY???

Add in the other Worlds Quality Players...and we have a team of 6-8 Juniors that will take ANYONE on. Once they are trained.

As for our Seniors....

A lot of very highly rated players, and one top 4 from the area...we will see how strong this team of 6-8 players comes out for Nationals.

We will have them ready...I have the trainers coming in from out of town to train them and get them ready.

We have the resources to make this go...and it will go....

Masters...it is up to you to follow suit!

Vince

I refuse to be rendered as your little publicity stunt. All of these rumors need to be put to a rest. Many people believe I am devoid of values, and while I tend to bend ethics which some do not consider venturing near, I have something; something called honor. It's sick how I get continuously underestimated and down-talked. I am not putting myself above anybody, but I am telling you to not put me below you. The friendship I share with Bela is not what everybody is suggesting as that of a killing machine, which will not work anyway because some parts are more high-tech than others, take that in any way you will. I refuse your offer because of incompatibility, please take note I do not consider the partnership I have with Bela and Colin (while not as strong) as a failure, which is why I do not want to add myself or add others to my group (by the symmetric property, they are the same, but of course people will warp my connotation so I present you with both). Vince, I can only take your comments as sarcastic because I know you will not publicly admit that the masters divisions is in fact not in a rot and is functioning just fine, but do not transmit this pseudo-theory to other people and commit them to making these trite statements. I respect the image you are trying to uphold, because as a responsible adult and a pokedad of children who already have a majority if not all of their college-careers paid for you do not permit yourself to be inconsistent, and I guess I respect that, even if it is somewhat intimidating to some people. Also, please note that this post (unlike 99.9% of material produced from my mind) is sarcasm-free, and I expect anybody attempting to respond and tackle me to keep any sexual, ethnic, and moral jokes out of their responses if they want them to be viewed seriously. If you believe the community needs to be unified then prove it to me with examples from the division and its people that are in question, and not give me off-tangents examples of younger divisions and/or other games, etc (this applies to everybody).

Just felt some things needed to be cleared up,
Jake Shpringman

Jake, I have reviewed my comments, and I feel that I was frankly being complimentary to you with Joe's success, that looking at his deck, definitely appeared to have influences of both you and Bela in it....

And didn't Bela, one of your "guys" win a State...the only state that I believe the Masters won. And wasn't that state widely declared one of the toughest states to win of the year with Chicago, Missouri, Michigan, Ohio and others sending their BEST people there.

Trust me, I see how hard your division is...especially in the midwest. You all have to deal with invaders any way you turn.....

We always joke about invading North and South, but it seems recently, we are the ones who have been invaded...by TN, by Chicago, and other areas.

Jake, does your small team concept work? I think the success of you and Bela this season proves that.

Do I focus on the younger divisions? Yep.

Have I always done so. Yep.

Have I ever left you guys "out in the cold", no, I have allowed more players to travel with me than anyone in the area over the past years...from the days of Colin, Ben and Anthony, up to now.

Nationals will be an amazing war. I look forward to all the fireworks, thank goodness, not as a judge, but as someone who is going to sit back and try and keep my little team together, focused and relaxed (not incongruous).

Will a large team concept work for the Masters out of St. Louis? I really don't know. It is obvious that the Masters do better with smaller teams, such as (you and Bela), (Colin, Kendle and Lynn), and other small pockets.

There is the same detriment to that though, in that you do not play against a varied number of deck styles.

Talk to you soon, or you know how to contact me directly.

Vince

Let's go historical on the Master's division....small teams have always done the best from this area.

Team Furry Kitten Snuggle (Tyler/Kendle/Chad/Scott)

Even Lafonte, at its core, is a subgroup of smaller groups.

The elite 4 appear to be just Ness and Chuck at this point, and at their height they were Ness, Chuck, Seena, Fulop and Moss

When lafonte was "hot" in 2005, there was a small subgroup "Team OMG" that won 1st and 3rd with a "Rogue" Nidoqueen deck.

The difference in the Masters, and the younger divisions, is frankly playskill.

The masters players, at the highest level all have approximately equal playskill and gamesmanship capabilities....not all use gamesmanship...but some do, and despite my and others best efforts to squelch it, it is still there.

For the Senior Division, the top and the bottom are separted by playskill. At that level, the decks are pretty consistant, and the top 16 in almost every age division is divided out from the rest of the group on sheer skill. From time to time a player will sneak in, or a player will get donked out...but the Senior Group is a skill based group, with a growing number of elite players.

In St. Louis, we have several players in the Senior Group who fall into that category, where if you do not see them in the top cut, you wonder what went wrong....Joe and Zak are the top of that group, with a bunch of players being right behind them, Mason, Jake B, Jared W, Brandon H. ,Peter F and a few others are quickly climbing...Those next group of players are what the team is designed to help. Pushing their decks, their playskill and their game knowledge up to where they can compete and succeed on a national stage. If Nationals were held today, I have NO DOUBT that Joe and Zak would be fine. They have both shown their skills on the biggest stages, and have MAJOR titles to show for it (and HUGE rankings)

The problem is that I have an urge to have everyone succeed. Heck, it might be better for Joe and Zak if the remaining players stayed a step behind them, and Zak won a few BRs and Joe won a few BRs...but the big picture here is WORLDS WILL BE DECIDED AT NATIONALS for the Senior Division. Noone is safe.

More to follow, I still have the Junor Division to deal with.

Vince

well its time to cry havoc and let slip the dogs of war! I will be coaching the master team in Stl!! Richard, Ryan, Jack, and one or two more. We will train hard and we will win!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back